Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > A1GP

Old 29 Apr 2009, 11:56 (Ref:2452156)   #1
kerrmanningjarv
Veteran

England
London
kerrmanningjarv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A1GP Brands Hatch TV coverage in the UK - important!

A notice to those living in the UK: both qualifying and the races from Brands Hatch this weekend will not be live on Sky Sports, instead being live on all-purpose entertainment channel Sky1.

I brought this up in the Mexico topic and several people said they weren't aware, so I thought it was best to create a separate topic.

Mods may want to sticky this, depends if they consider it important enough .

Saturday (qualifying):

2pm- 3:30pm (90 minutes)
Live British A1GP Qualifying

The teams take to the tarmac for the penultimate race of the season at Brands Hatch. Team Great Britain won the sprint race on home soil last year and finished third overall in the season. Also in HD.

Sunday (race day):

1:30pm - 5pm (210 minutes)
Live British A1 GP Race Day

Race day in the Great Britain Grand Prix at Brands Hatch. Team Switzerland were the season champions last year and look strong again this term, with Team Ireland emerging as top contenders. Also in HD.
Old 29 Apr 2009, 12:03 (Ref:2452168)   #2
Kiwi3
Veteran

New Zealand
Beijing
Kiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And for those not in the UK, and in case live streaming on the series website doesn't work, you can do this:

1. Download TVU Player
2. Watch Star Sports excellent coverage - Qual is delayed at 0130 - 0300 GMT on Sunday (0930 - 1100 in Hong Kong), race coverage is live at 1300 - 1530 GMT (2100 - 2330 in Hong Kong).
Old 29 Apr 2009, 13:09 (Ref:2452210)   #3
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the info as I won't be attending, the first A1 race at Brands i'll miss.
Old 2 May 2009, 07:16 (Ref:2453980)   #4
Rikki Cann
Racer

England
Rochford Essex
Rikki Cann should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone know how to get the times for qualifying/race for the whole event as usually I get them from TSL timing but nothing on there site???? this year.
Old 2 May 2009, 08:23 (Ref:2454018)   #5
kerrmanningjarv
Veteran

England
London
I've been looking too but haven't found anything so far...
Old 2 May 2009, 12:03 (Ref:2454107)   #6
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Go here and click and that should give you Live Timing. It's a very good display.
Old 2 May 2009, 12:55 (Ref:2454131)   #7
the sniper
Veteran

European Union
Birmingham
the sniper has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
The most interesting thing is that it's in HD.
Old 2 May 2009, 16:49 (Ref:2454181)   #8
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
Go here and click and that should give you Live Timing. It's a very good display.
All I get on that link is a black screen with the words 'Live timing'
Old 2 May 2009, 18:06 (Ref:2454202)   #9
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob29 View Post
All I get on that link is a black screen with the words 'Live timing'
Well, if you try when there's nothing on, like now, that's all you will get, but when it's live you just have to wait a few seconds whilst it picks up the signal and then you're away. Works for me, anyway.
Old 3 May 2009, 01:48 (Ref:2454324)   #10
Kiwi3
Veteran

New Zealand
Beijing
Kiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For some reason ESPN Star Sports is not being carried on my satellite system or on TVU Player so I am missing the replay of qualifying, anyone who was relaying on my suggestion above please ignore it.

Hopefully the races will be streamed on the a1gp website without any issues (praying)
Old 3 May 2009, 07:12 (Ref:2454394)   #11
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
Well, if you try when there's nothing on, like now, that's all you will get, but when it's live you just have to wait a few seconds whilst it picks up the signal and then you're away. Works for me, anyway.
Yep,I guess that makes sense,but what we are looking for is the RESULTS-including the support races.Can see the actual A1GP races on Sky-but the F.Palmer Audi site does not seem to have been updated in years.Can get times for practice at the smallest BARC/BRSCC/MSVR meetings but not the A1GP or todays Silverstone for some reason.
Old 3 May 2009, 13:21 (Ref:2454567)   #12
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oops Daniel...
Old 4 May 2009, 13:23 (Ref:2455169)   #13
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
jonboy1066 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Damn I wish I'd seen this topic a couple of days ago, instead I ended up Sky + ing Qualifying twice before realising too late that the race was on SKY1 then had to watch the rerun at 20:00 on Sky Sports, ah well at least I caught the WTCC in the afternoon and enjoyed an evening of A1.

Just gutted that I couldn't make it this year, it's the first round at Brands that I've missed.

Perry McCarthy
Old 4 May 2009, 21:08 (Ref:2455463)   #14
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob29 View Post
Yep,I guess that makes sense,but what we are looking for is the RESULTS-including the support races.Can see the actual A1GP races on Sky-but the F.Palmer Audi site does not seem to have been updated in years.Can get times for practice at the smallest BARC/BRSCC/MSVR meetings but not the A1GP or todays Silverstone for some reason.
Obviously another company was doing the timing. A bit late now but Silverstone was here:

http://www.mstworld.com/msportevent....it=Silverstone
Old 5 May 2009, 12:32 (Ref:2455810)   #15
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Was glad I managed to watch this as it was on Sky 1 but didn't think it was that well produced - or was that just me?
Old 5 May 2009, 13:33 (Ref:2455847)   #16
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze View Post
Was glad I managed to watch this as it was on Sky 1 but didn't think it was that well produced - or was that just me?
They did well to make the races look even remotely interesting, certainly won't go down as one of my favourite events for racing, but it's #1 for the results!
Old 5 May 2009, 14:25 (Ref:2455874)   #17
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
yes makes sense!

I was thinking of stuff like the Team Ireland interview, think it was in a pub, and they constantly had the camera man in shot when they were doing high up shots etc. Maybe I'm just too picky? Just something you don't often see, and it was pre-recorded not live so less excuse IMO.
Old 5 May 2009, 14:38 (Ref:2455880)   #18
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I thought that the trend in TV interviews of that nature was to go all "we're so casual we can have the cameraman and sound guys in shot, we're just SO hip and relaxed and all mates having a beer".
Old 5 May 2009, 16:13 (Ref:2455932)   #19
kerrmanningjarv
Veteran

England
London
The racing was better than the last few years I thought - last year was pretty dire to be honest.