Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 16 Feb 2012, 00:00 (Ref:3026384)   #101
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No Chris, the same guy has written a bike sim also, but looks very undeveloped!
Old 16 Feb 2012, 04:06 (Ref:3026440)   #102
heroesnvillains
Rookie

heroesnvillains should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not sure if anyone's posted about it here but I'd like to put a word in for Kimi Raikkonen IceOne Racing game. It's a free app on iTunes and it's pretty solid. You can race with kart, rally, truck or tuner car. What else? Play in Arcade, Career and Match-Up. Karting is a favorite
Old 17 Feb 2012, 17:15 (Ref:3027176)   #103
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A Trichlorostyrene View Post
Since everything seems to have been done with cars... Mine would be a proper bike sim!

Sadly it seems like there's been little worthy of interrest in that domain since GP500. 14 years basically...

It could be fun also if someone came up with an affordable and realistic bike racing controler... But it sounds like something quite difficult thing to realise in fact
GP Bikes is supposed to be quite good. http://www.gp-bikes.com/
Old 17 Feb 2012, 21:00 (Ref:3027294)   #104
adam46
Racer

United Kingdom
Isle Of Wight, UK.
adam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridadam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gullwings View Post
I would like to see something with nearly unbeatable computer opponents.

...unlike Gran Turismo 5 "Arcade Mode."

I'd also like to see a boatload of paint job and livery modifications, and a no-lag online racing system.

Basically we're talking iRacing... but, I'd like to see WAY more cars and a little more of a "dynamic experience". I'd like to see some rubber buildup on the track, maybe a distant haze... make it look visually organic rather than just a technical look to the track. This is where iRacing is flawed... IMO.
In terms of the computer opponents thing, the best I have played in terms of console is Race Pro, not sure if that translates to the PC games made by Simbin (GTR, Race, GT Legends.)

It only matters if it has a motor...
Old 18 Feb 2012, 17:56 (Ref:3027665)   #105
tje23
Rookie

United Kingdom
Staffordshire, UK
tje23 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would love a racing game like the upcoming Project C.A.R.S for PS3/Xbox/PC.
Realistic sim racing designed for wheels, not control pads. It would be based around a range of careers, allowing you to grow from a club racer into an international driver, whichever way you chose, for example: Endurance, GT Sprints, Touring Cars, Open-Wheel etc. This would make a really dynamic tracklist and carlist, and hopefully take advantage of many official licensed series, for example WEC, ALMS, WTCC. The cars would be extensive, all with dashboard (-minus steering wheel) views, and hopefully feature many GT1/GT2/GTE/GT3/NGTC/LMP1/LMP2 cars - especially the Aston Martin Racing Vantage GT2! Tracks would include Silverstone, La Sarthe, Road Atlanta, Brands Hatch, the 'Ring, Donington Park, Longbeach, Indy, Daytona, Dubai Autodrome, etc.
Old 6 Apr 2012, 09:14 (Ref:3054398)   #106
wheelsportaddict
Racer

England
Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
wheelsportaddict should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Isn't it about time someone built a sim of all the best hill climbs in the world, from the British Hill Climb Championship venues (especially Shelsley, Loton, Prescot and Doune)through to Pikes Peak and the European Hill Climb Championship hills (including Bergrennen in Germany, Trento in Italy and Matador in Slovakia).

Cars would include everything, from road going hot hatches to the Goulds and Pilbeams and Modified Saloons (like Time Attack cars) to the huge winged specials that ascend Pikes Peak.

You would work your way up through the classes and levels starting at a "club" or Midland Hill Climb Champ level in road going hot hatches, through BHCC big single seaters and on to EHCC and on to Pikes Peak specials.
Old 6 Apr 2012, 09:48 (Ref:3054414)   #107
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Pribably true, but how on earth would you sell to such a mediocre market!

Sameis true of a rallycross game, perfect for sims and online, but hard to sell to a tiny market.
Old 6 Apr 2012, 10:26 (Ref:3054424)   #108
wheelsportaddict
Racer

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post

Sameis true of a rallycross game, perfect for sims and online, but hard to sell to a tiny market.
I see your point, but that's what marketing is for.
Old 6 Apr 2012, 12:25 (Ref:3054450)   #109
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You can do all the marketing you like, but if the potential market is a niche one you're not likely to increase it very much.....
Old 6 Apr 2012, 15:21 (Ref:3054493)   #110
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
I'm developing a game that includes some sort of racing. All the physics are mine, therefore it isn't a sim.
Old 7 Apr 2012, 09:10 (Ref:3054737)   #111
wheelsportaddict
Racer

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post

I think games like DiRT/DiRT2 may have helped heighten the profile of Rallycross. I'd never seen it in a game before and I have to say I quite enjoyed it. I'd buy a Rallycross sim.
Old 21 May 2013, 18:28 (Ref:3251279)   #112
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Given a new thread that popped up, I thought I would bump this one.