Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 9 Jul 2009, 09:56 (Ref:2498217)   #1
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
CTCRC Autoglym Classic Festival 2009 25th July

There is a post on this meeting in the National & Club Racing section but as we have such a good turn out lined up in the Classic & Historic (Pre-66) races I thought I would post it here as well in case any Historic buffs who may be interested miss it in the other section. This is the first meeting the club has staged and will be at the revamped Lydden Hill circuit on Saturday 25th July.

Thus far we have a full grids for both the Pre-66 races and are now taking reserves. Alongside those we are also running the Post Historic Touring Cars (Pre-74), Group 1 (Pre-83), Pre-93 Touring Cars, Classic Thunder incorporating the Boss Ford series which is producing some very exciting cars and racing plus two invitation races for Sports & Saloons. Entries are still open for all events and usual memberships will not be required so if interested please contact Pete Edwards or see here for full details and entry form etc. http://www.classictouringcars.com/index.asp

There will also be other things happening on the day like a static car display and anyone wanting to bring down an old vehicle worthy of display will get a reduced entry to the track.

We are hoping this will become an annual Classic and Historic event at the circuit and any support by any 10/10thers as either entrants or spectators would be most welcome to ensure its success. I will hopefully be bringing out my 2nd gen Camaro (just finishing off the engine) and Chris Bright will be debuting his 1st gen model. Zeffarelly is also making a welcome guest appearance in his GT Cortina and there will be full televison coverage of the event.

Hope to see some of you there.

Al
Old 9 Jul 2009, 10:30 (Ref:2498232)   #2
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Hmmm. That clashes head on with Silverstone Classic, Al?

Sadly, I'll be there.
Old 9 Jul 2009, 11:07 (Ref:2498254)   #3
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Thats a shame Tim, I guess what ever weekend you did it then it would clash with something, at least you will get to see the race at Lydden, not my favourite circuit in my tank I must admit but very good for spectators.
Old 9 Jul 2009, 19:01 (Ref:2498556)   #4
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I'm looking forward to it, nice location (if a short circuit)
good value and a fantastically full and eclectic grid.

we've prebooked the emperor suite (farthest from the Khazi's!) and will be making camp on Friday afternoon as soon as they let us in!
Old 9 Jul 2009, 21:17 (Ref:2498635)   #5
Tainan
Racer

United Kingdom
Sussex
Tainan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hope to come and spectate at this one. Used to race with CTCRC in the 90s.
Like the website - its got all the information about the meeting I was looking for, unlike some of the "bigger" clubs'.
Old 11 Jul 2009, 08:27 (Ref:2499337)   #6
ANDY J
Rookie

ANDY J should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Joe glad your coming just dusted Toyota off will be down on Friday, catch up for a beer cheers Andy
Old 11 Jul 2009, 08:34 (Ref:2499342)   #7
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tainan View Post
Hope to come and spectate at this one. Used to race with CTCRC in the 90s.
Like the website - its got all the information about the meeting I was looking for, unlike some of the "bigger" clubs'.
We have a couple of very good web people that give their services for nothing to thank for that. We have also pushed to keep it more upto date lately and its looking a lot better. Glad you like it and look forward to seeing you at Lydden.
Old 15 Jul 2009, 12:42 (Ref:2502199)   #8
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Looking like some full grids!

Along with the full grids for the Classics and Historics the Post Historic, Group 1 and Pre 93 grids are almost full now, if you haven't entered yet but want to race you'll need to be quick to get one of the last few places.

With split Classic Thunder and BOSS races there's still space on these grids.
There are also places left on the Sports & Saloon double header grid. If you want extra track time or fancy sharing your car with another driver you might want to consider entering these.

Also if you own a car that can't normally race with the CTCRC (sports cars, kit cars etc) and you would like to be on the telly get your entry in quick. Don't worry if you are not a CTCRC member as the race entry includes membership for the weekend.
Old 16 Jul 2009, 19:14 (Ref:2502945)   #9
TSA
Rookie

United Kingdom
Banbury
TSA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Pre93 grid is now full and there's only space left on the Post Historic (Pre74) grid
Still some spaces on the others including the sports saloon challenge double header.
Old 17 Jul 2009, 07:32 (Ref:2503129)   #10
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDY J View Post
Joe glad your coming just dusted Toyota off will be down on Friday, catch up for a beer cheers Andy
dusting? steady on old man

I'm exploring a ticky tappet later today, as the rocker gear came loose on the rolling road, hoping I haven't taken a cam lobe out. Otherwise the cars ready to go, or as ready as its going to get, its been a bad year as I've been pushing it enginewise and getting unreliable so I've decided to take a step back and have started prepping the another engine to the same spec I had last Spring, boring but legal and reliable!
Old 18 Jul 2009, 23:44 (Ref:2503977)   #11
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Al, I've been away and seemed to have missed the boat on this one, which is a shame as Lydden's just down the road and I've yet to race there although I have used it for testing once or twice. Maybe next year, if the budget's still there!
Old 19 Jul 2009, 07:26 (Ref:2504042)   #12
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
There are still a few spots left in the open sports & saloon races.
Old 19 Jul 2009, 11:43 (Ref:2504144)   #13
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not my bag I'm afraid, but I'll be there to watch.
Old 19 Jul 2009, 12:46 (Ref:2504167)   #14
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
What do you race Colin?
Old 19 Jul 2009, 13:13 (Ref:2504179)   #15
Gary Critcher
Racer

England
London, England, UK
Gary Critcher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Al, how have you managed to getTV coverage ?? Brilliant move, I must say. Is it for just this one meeting?
Old 19 Jul 2009, 14:42 (Ref:2504222)   #16
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
I can take no credit what so ever for that it was all down to club chairman Richard Langeveld and the rest of the committee, they worked very hard to secure it and its all been paid for by sponsors so no cost to the drivers or the club. Just fired the chevy up so we will be going to the ball, never had so much oil pressure!!
Old 19 Jul 2009, 15:10 (Ref:2504231)   #17
Gary Critcher
Racer

England
London, England, UK
Gary Critcher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Blimey! That IS good. When I've tried to get HSCC stuff on the tv, we've always been confronted with the fact that we have to pay to get it filmed and edited, then to give it away to the TV stations. Do you know whos filming/producing it for you?
Old 19 Jul 2009, 15:49 (Ref:2504242)   #18
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
What do you race Colin?
In his absence I believe Colin races the ex Roger Cope S Type jaguar.
Old 19 Jul 2009, 19:21 (Ref:2504319)   #19
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Try to, anyway!
Old 19 Jul 2009, 20:26 (Ref:2504365)   #20
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
INteresting car, I bought a white ex-old bill manual one from the auctions once complete with zip in roof. You may still get into Post Historics or group 1, email Peter.
Old 20 Jul 2009, 09:15 (Ref:2504686)   #21
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Critcher View Post
Blimey! That IS good. When I've tried to get HSCC stuff on the tv, we've always been confronted with the fact that we have to pay to get it filmed and edited, then to give it away to the TV stations. Do you know whos filming/producing it for you?
Not sure who the company are, I can probably find out. BTW a spot on the grid in the Pre-93's has become available which will be a little less manic for the old Jag than the open races and I can confirm I will be out as I ran the new engine up yesterday and she seems OK.
Old 20 Jul 2009, 14:21 (Ref:2504892)   #22
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
a spot on the grid in the Pre-93's has become available
Thanks for the heads-up but I'll sit this one out, still got some panel damage from the Brands Superprix to sort out. These family holidays really do get in the way of proper leisure don't you find?
Old 20 Jul 2009, 15:57 (Ref:2504949)   #23
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Dunno Colin I don't go on them much! :-) we are doing a Brands round after this, maybe see you at that one?
Old 22 Jul 2009, 19:53 (Ref:2506287)   #24
photoman
Rookie

photoman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The film/production company is called AMG TV. Visit www.amgtv.co.uk
Old 26 Jul 2009, 02:22 (Ref:2508136)   #25
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Any news on this?