Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 13 Oct 2009, 18:02 (Ref:2560711)   #1
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Brands Hatch 24/25 Oct

If anybody with a suitable car fancies a couple of longer than normal club races at Brands on the 24/25 (Indy circuit) give Kate a ring on 01508 536271.
Just about anything goes except open wheelers.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 14 Oct 2009, 07:15 (Ref:2561059)   #2
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Is this BARC SE Gordon?

I can't be tempted, despite having 2 new engines on the bench . . .
Old 14 Oct 2009, 13:25 (Ref:2561276)   #3
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
No its the Heritage. As its anything goes I'm almost tempted to take the Trannie out
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 14 Oct 2009, 16:29 (Ref:2561401)   #4
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
comfortable driving position and minimal back gyp!
Old 25 Oct 2009, 20:42 (Ref:2569581)   #5
brands hatch
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kent
brands hatch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
was the most interesting entry of heritage GT's i have seen for a while. Did anyone hear why Robin north (number 7 Mustang) didnt appear in race 2?
Old 25 Oct 2009, 21:00 (Ref:2569596)   #6
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands hatch View Post
was the most interesting entry of heritage GT's i have seen for a while. Did anyone hear why Robin north (number 7 Mustang) didnt appear in race 2?
It was a bit thin on the ground though wasn't it.
Old 25 Oct 2009, 21:10 (Ref:2569606)   #7
westfieldbend
Veteran

westfieldbend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
It was a bit thin on the ground though wasn't it.
Rumors say it was something to do with a mini with a radical engine in it.....
Which should not be in a classic series really...

A shame as it used to be a good series. And the car mentioned is an amazing car, just does not belong in a classic series.
Old 25 Oct 2009, 21:18 (Ref:2569612)   #8
brands hatch
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kent
Agreed that 'mini' is great car...and it was a shame the Joss ronchitti lotus wasnt there...(i believe it hit problems at the F3/GT meet???)

...regarding entries there were some additions, but the cobra suffered fluid loss, so retired in race one, the Thurtle's Chevy camaro skated off it would appear on the cobra's oil, the BMW 2002 was involved with contact with the Shelby, taking them both out of race one (and the BMW race 2) and i think the sprite also hit problems...and the additional entry of the lotus exige didnt start either race...so a high attrition rate in race 1!
Old 25 Oct 2009, 21:39 (Ref:2569634)   #9
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
Thurtle said he locked up due to brake problems in race1, tho the "Cobra"'s oil did'nt help
Old 25 Oct 2009, 21:43 (Ref:2569636)   #10
The SpeCTator
Veteran

United Kingdom
South East - England
The SpeCTator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wish they had put the Heritage on last then we could have all gone home!
Old 25 Oct 2009, 21:45 (Ref:2569638)   #11
brands hatch
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodysnatcher View Post
Thurtle said he locked up due to brake problems in race1, tho the "Cobra"'s oil did'nt help
yes...he was well "locked up" all the way through...it must be difficult to stop though, it weighs a ton
Old 25 Oct 2009, 23:08 (Ref:2569682)   #12
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Yes it was a pity they were so thin on the ground but I think some may have been at the Masters at Mallory. And being "longish" races didn't help for viewing. The Sprite had a slipping clutch by the sound of it.
Its all gone to pot since I stopped so you can blame me ! At least the weather was OK, and thanks for the lift to the pits Tim