Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 30 May 2016, 17:21 (Ref:3645850)   #1
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oulton Park rounds 10,11 & 12 2016

there are a few questions that need answering, has the Subaru team found a fix for its fire issue? will the cars safety get past Old Hall turn? will all 32 cars safety get past the hairpin and will we see rain?
Old 30 May 2016, 18:42 (Ref:3645869)   #2
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
i am sure the sabaru's will be there
Old 31 May 2016, 09:48 (Ref:3646007)   #3
BtccLee
Veteran

BtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Think the Subarus could shock this weekend. They've tested, they will have found a fire fix I am sure... Those cars are going to create a fascinating second half of the season.
Old 31 May 2016, 13:09 (Ref:3646033)   #4
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it's too late for a title challenge , Plato is 98 points behind and Turks is 91

sure they have no ballast and might get podium and wins but still nearly 100 points is a bit too much , specially if they have to battle both Team Dynamics and WSR with Motorbase and Adam Morgan as dark horses

and BTW few noticed but Adam Morgan is just 3 points behind Collard/Neal

Last edited by porsche962fan; 31 May 2016 at 13:30.
Old 31 May 2016, 13:38 (Ref:3646041)   #5
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
it's too late for a title challenge , Plato is 98 points behind and Turks is 91

sure they have no ballast and might get podium and wins but still nearly 100 points is a bit too much , specially if they have to battle both Team Dynamics and WSR with Motorbase and Adam Morgan as dark horses

and BTW few noticed but Adam Morgan is just 3 points behind Collard/Neal
I don't think anybody was counting on them for the title this year, including themselves
Old 31 May 2016, 13:43 (Ref:3646043)   #6
porsche962fan
Veteran

didn't Honda also claim late build last year? if I remember correctly Shedden said in TV interview that paint went dry right in the saturday morning of Brands opener and then he went on to win the title

either way feel sorry for Turks, if Collard is in joint-lead with Neal now then Turks would probably have a considerable points lead now

would say the WSR BMW seems best car this season but their driver line-up is missing a top star driver like Priaux or Turks
Old 1 Jun 2016, 09:24 (Ref:3646259)   #7
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Subarus have got their power boost - https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...57177374378729
Old 1 Jun 2016, 09:28 (Ref:3646262)   #8
Mark0994
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade
Mark0994 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlbtcc View Post
The Subarus have got their power boost - https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...57177374378729
It would be 10 times better if they used WRX STi. It look great
Old 1 Jun 2016, 10:09 (Ref:3646269)   #9
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark0994 View Post
It would be 10 times better if they used WRX STi. It look great
Something similar has been discussed previously in the 2016 rumours thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
anyone else think this should have been the BMR Scoobys ? , both in body and color scheme
[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramzel View Post
Nope. Subaru has moved on and so should we
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
Subaru want to shift units of estates in the UK. That's why they're racing the Levorg. Simple as that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Back to Subaru - they wish to promote the Levorg, which is pretty new to the UK market. The current Impreza is being replaced with a new model next year (5 door hatch only in UK), and the WRX will be dropped and not replaced. Or at least that is the plan as I know it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I'm pretty certain everyone has a model/style and livery of car they would rather see, but if this is the car that the team/manufacturer want to use/promote and the livery is derived from those funding the entry - then it is the right car to use in BTCC.
Old 1 Jun 2016, 11:46 (Ref:3646295)   #10
Mark0994
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade
I know
Just i can't find any reason why is estate better from sedan in racing
Old 1 Jun 2016, 12:33 (Ref:3646306)   #11
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Only one reason: marketing. And that's exactly the reason where the budget comes from
Old 1 Jun 2016, 14:12 (Ref:3646330)   #12
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I know
In pure racing terms, there is no reason.
For marketing, interest or variation reasons though they may be the ideal car.

In this case, the marketing of an estate car is the reason behind a Subaru being on the grid.
For everyone who would prefer to see a WRX/Sedan on the grid - I would ask the following:
Would you rather see a Subaru estate, or no Subaru at all?
Would you rather see an estate car, or an empty grid slot?
If enough people want to see a non-estate Subaru - perhaps a crowd-funded entry could be on the cards?
Old 1 Jun 2016, 15:21 (Ref:3646347)   #13
850Estate
Veteran

Sweden
GBR/SWE
850Estate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Really looking forward to this weekend and then Croft when I'll once again finally be in attendance.

I remember pre-season saying that Morgan might be an outside bet for the title, and a few people telling me otherwise! He's consistently fast, he's in a reliable car and he's a mature driver behind the wheel...why not?

Looking forward to seeing what the Subaru's have up their sleeve this weekend. It's good news about the re-designed inlet manifold, and it would be great to see them up the right end of the grid. Imagine the current top 10, with added Plato and Turkington! It's incredible.

Shedden, Neal, Collard, Tordoff, Goff, Sutton, Cook, Jordan, Jackson, Morgan, Plato, Turkington could all win a round, and I certainly wouldn't be writing off Dan Lloyd after a very decent debut weekend. Tingram we know qualifies well (and then has a disasterous 2nd and 3rd race) so he'll be with a shout as well. Aron Smith should be strong, although I fear the GPRM components will hurt him and Dan Welch this weekend more than ever. Then of course there's Rob Austin on a track where he usually does fairly well in RWD, and the other Eurotech boys who surely must be due a podium soon?!

It's all very exciting and unpredictable! I can't wait to see how it unfolds!
Old 1 Jun 2016, 15:59 (Ref:3646349)   #14
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Just out of interest, how does the new Subaru inlet manifold differ from the one they were using up to now? I thought (from what I'd seen) that standard production inlet manifolds had to be used?
Old 2 Jun 2016, 14:32 (Ref:3646573)   #15
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Just out of interest, how does the new Subaru inlet manifold differ from the one they were using up to now? I thought (from what I'd seen) that standard production inlet manifolds had to be used?
Those be the rules, unless you can prove that the part is ineffective, like Honda have. I believe.
Old 2 Jun 2016, 15:29 (Ref:3646586)   #16
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
http://www.touringcartimes.com/2016/...ery-good-year/

'“I don’t think our chassis is there yet, but I think it’s as good as the rest, we’re just lacking horsepower. After 6000 revs we’re lacking horsepower, we have to use a standard inlet manifold as part of the rules, and that’s not compliant with this application. Honda have changed their inlet manifold and so have the others but we have to go through a process that it doesn’t work and I think we’ve proved that now and we’ll be allowed to change our inlet manifold.

“It’s also worth mentioning we’ve got the lowest base boost level of all the cars, lower than the Honda quite a bit, a lot less than the TOCA engine. We’ve even got less than the Ford so there’s more to come.
We can do a better job, for sure and I think the ingredients are there for a really good year.”'
Old 2 Jun 2016, 18:05 (Ref:3646629)   #17
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
The season and the best battles with the new protagonists are the best thing ever I feel
Old 3 Jun 2016, 10:37 (Ref:3646793)   #18
Ry44
Racer

Ry44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I honestly think that Morgan is in with a real good shout of the championship . however if the Levorgs come on strong near the end they could have significant influence as to how the championship plans out for everyone else
Old 3 Jun 2016, 16:57 (Ref:3646921)   #19
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I know
Subaru are not selling sedans in the UK. They want a relevant UK market product on the race track, otherwise what is the point of the exercise? Punter sees car he likes on the track but can't buy one? No. Punter sees car on track he does like? Yes.

Pretty much the same reason Toyota switched to the globally sold Corolla in WRC years ago rather than the limited market Celica.
Old 3 Jun 2016, 17:28 (Ref:3646924)   #20
Mark0994
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Subaru are not selling sedans in the UK. They want a relevant UK market product on the race track, otherwise what is the point of the exercise? Punter sees car he likes on the track but can't buy one? No. Punter sees car on track he does like? Yes.

Pretty much the same reason Toyota switched to the globally sold Corolla in WRC years ago rather than the limited market Celica.
No WRX in UK?
Impreza was very popular in UK. Many special edition of Impreza was made for UK market only.
Old 4 Jun 2016, 08:57 (Ref:3647064)   #21
porsche962fan
Veteran

Matt Simpsons switched to RML kit

so the only drivers with GPRM are Aron Smith, Mark Howard, Stewart Lines, Daniel Welch, Jake Hill, Chris Smiley and Michael Epps.
Old 4 Jun 2016, 08:59 (Ref:3647065)   #22
porsche962fan
Veteran

what the heck is everyone talking about?

on the official UK Subaru site the WRX is offered
http://subaru.co.uk/vehicles/wrx-sti/

and it just screams NGTC
Old 4 Jun 2016, 14:52 (Ref:3647117)   #23
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
And that's pole for Turkington and the Subaru.
Old 4 Jun 2016, 14:53 (Ref:3647118)   #24
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Its so cute how Subaru get a boost increase for this weekend and then go and set pole .
Old 4 Jun 2016, 15:01 (Ref:3647119)   #25
BillWiskins
Racer

European Union
Brighton
BillWiskins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought the boost increase was under review and not to be applied til tomorrow, if at all...