Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Is Irvine Past It?
Yes 15 62.50%
No 9 37.50%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 18 Mar 2002, 17:19 (Ref:238525)   #1
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is Irvine past it??

I know the new Jag's a dog - but 20th on the grid in Malaysia is pretty poor. So is Irvine past it?
Old 18 Mar 2002, 18:54 (Ref:238607)   #2
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think so, de la Rosa was only 3 tenths away from qualifying 11th. But really the whole car and team is pretty poor, apart from maybe the cosworth engine, which is doing a lot better right now with Arrows.
Old 18 Mar 2002, 19:13 (Ref:238625)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
past it? Where is the "never reached it" option?

Only joking!

I think Eddie is probably as good as he ever was. Maybe it's hard to battle for 16th when you've won GP? However that's not really an excuse. I think Pedro is a pretty decent driver and he and Eddie are probably evenly matched. Over the season I think we'll see this. Eddie's not worth 8million (or whatever...).
Old 18 Mar 2002, 20:18 (Ref:238665)   #4
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really hate seeing these 'Is <insert driver name> finished?' topics... Some drivers may have their best years behind them for whatever reason...maybe they just won't get a competitive ride again... but that doesn't mean their "past it".

Here's a question: Can Eddie Irvine be competitive in a competitive F1 car? Answer: clearly yes.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 18 Mar 2002, 20:18 (Ref:238666)   #5
J.McClane
Veteran

J.McClane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Trouble with Eddie is he is too busy livin' the playboy lifestyle. F1 seems to come 2nd to him.
I agree Eddie is as good as he ever was, but he was never that good to begin with.
Old 18 Mar 2002, 20:38 (Ref:238689)   #6
Mania
Veteran

Mania should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jesus - where have all the Irv fans gone!

No way is he past it - the Jag is a tank - once the car is even halfway decent - Eddie will be back in the middle where he belongs.
Old 19 Mar 2002, 01:09 (Ref:238882)   #7
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by J.McClane
Trouble with Eddie is he is too busy livin' the playboy lifestyle. F1 seems to come 2nd to him.
I agree Eddie is as good as he ever was, but he was never that good to begin with.
anyone who says eddie is not commited when he's a the track is talking b***ox, it's just that when he's away from the track he enjoys himself, do you think of work all the time when your at home or at the pub?

and for anyone to have been chosen to drive for ferrari and won races with them must have been good!
Old 19 Mar 2002, 01:10 (Ref:238883)   #8
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by J.McClane
but he was never that good to begin with.
and anyone who can overtake SENNA at suzuka in their f1 debut has talent!
Old 20 Mar 2002, 13:46 (Ref:240128)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by mr v

Not exactly a true overtaking move though, was it........?!!
Old 20 Mar 2002, 13:55 (Ref:240135)   #10
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I remember that. I don't think it was a good overtaking manoeuvre because he nearly broke his nose doing it.
Old 20 Mar 2002, 15:09 (Ref:240177)   #11
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi

Not exactly a true overtaking move though, was it........?!!
ok, an unlapping manouvre! that fact of the matter remains the same, he was going faster in a jordan than senna was in a mclaren! i seem to remember, only a couple of days ago, people raving about bernoldi in an arrows, getting past tgf in a ferrari (albeit briefly!) but it still ammounts to the same, a driver of "lesser" ability in a car of "lesser" performance level getting past the driver seen as the best of their generation!
Old 20 Mar 2002, 20:20 (Ref:240377)   #12
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by mr v
You just convinced me that Irvine did have talent when he entered F1.
So now I finally voted: "Yes, he is past it."