Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 16 Feb 2005, 11:20 (Ref:1227075)   #1
mcurtis26
Veteran

mcurtis26 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Montagny/Ortelli/Gounon for Oreca Le Mans Audi

Crash.net is reporting that these two have signed, but i'm confused, as I understood that Ortelli would be driving the Aston??

Last edited by mcurtis26; 16 Feb 2005 at 11:20.
Old 16 Feb 2005, 11:50 (Ref:1227104)   #2
Gabrio
Veteran

Gabrio should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGabrio should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've read it on Autosport.com.....I'm a bit confused....
Old 16 Feb 2005, 12:27 (Ref:1227140)   #3
markyboy
Rookie

markyboy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ortelli was signed to drive a number of races in the Aston but not sure if Le Mans was one of them
Old 16 Feb 2005, 12:44 (Ref:1227158)   #4
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As neither is on the entry list yet.......maybe he knows which one will be.

If, as we all suspect, Aston and ORECA are both on, then I doubt Podrive will find it hard to fill a space on there line up.

Is Colin McRae doing anything in June.
Old 16 Feb 2005, 21:30 (Ref:1227647)   #5
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ortelli will drive for Aston Martin at least at Sebring and Magny-Cours.
Old 17 Feb 2005, 08:38 (Ref:1227964)   #6
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
I posted the news in the Le Mans thread, on the base of Hugues de Chaunac interview given to the press.

Ortelli wouldn't be in the AM for LM.
Old 17 Feb 2005, 19:28 (Ref:1228613)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think this is fantastic news. He'll have a great chance to win overall again. He deserves it.
Old 18 Feb 2005, 12:33 (Ref:1229267)   #8
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
According to Hugues de Chaunac (in Ouest France), the third one could be Erik Comas, or a young pilot chosen among Lapierre, Prémat or Gommendy.
Old 18 Feb 2005, 16:05 (Ref:1229441)   #9
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I want Didier Cottaz as the third driver ..... that little frenchman is a rocket ..... he was always the most spectacular driver when was one of Courages drivers .....
Old 18 Feb 2005, 18:03 (Ref:1229557)   #10
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Yep, but he's not on the list, unfortunately.
Old 18 Feb 2005, 19:39 (Ref:1229621)   #11
E46
Veteran

Spain
Zaragoza, Reino de Aragón
E46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
www.italiaracing.net says the third driver will be Montagny or Sarrazin.
Old 18 Feb 2005, 19:49 (Ref:1229633)   #12
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
I'm open to believe everything those days, but for me, LM clashes too much with the F1 and WRC schedules to see Montagny nor Sarrazin in board...
Old 18 Feb 2005, 22:20 (Ref:1229774)   #13
PRF
Racer

PRF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've also heard that the third driver could be Eric Comas!

PRF
Old 19 Feb 2005, 07:46 (Ref:1229962)   #14
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRF
I've also heard that the third driver could be Eric Comas!
See my post above : Hugues de Chaunac himself mentionned him...
Old 22 Feb 2005, 16:05 (Ref:1232527)   #15
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
It won't be Montagny or Sarrazin, that's for sure. My impression is that de Chaunac wanted them but couldn't get them because of Renault and Subaru commitments.
Old 22 Feb 2005, 16:19 (Ref:1232543)   #16
mcurtis26
Veteran

mcurtis26 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Comas is a very good driver and seriously underrated IMHO, one of a batch of good drivers to come out of French F3 around the early 90s. An Ortelli / Gounon / Comas lineup would be one of the strongest on the grid, nice to see Ortelli in a prototype again.
Old 28 Feb 2005, 18:48 (Ref:1238268)   #17
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
First laps for Ortelli-Gounon, on Infocourse !

http://www.infoscourse.org/2005_Le_M...i_Oreca_01.jpg

Both pilots are amazed !

Last edited by Fab; 9 Mar 2005 at 13:32.
Old 28 Feb 2005, 19:49 (Ref:1238313)   #18
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, I can't read much of that article, but it sure appears that Oreca have a pretty intense testing schedule planned.

And I can imagine that the drivers are quite happy to be in the car. It's an Audi R8 after all.
Old 28 Feb 2005, 20:26 (Ref:1238345)   #19
Laurent
Rookie

France
20 km away from Paris (France)
Laurent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gounon is amazed at the performances of the R8. He didn't have to stop into the pits during the very first stint of the car (10 laps), which surprised a lot his engineer because usually, during the first laps with a new car, you have to stop very shortly since there are some little adjustements to do. But Jean-Marc didn't stop before his tenth lap was over. Then he came back into the pits, opened his visor and said ""it's a fantastic car !"

Ortelli feels like he's "back at home" since he has driven 25.000 km in the car during the 1999-2001 period. The whole team is of course, extremly happy.

Last edited by Laurent; 28 Feb 2005 at 20:27.
Old 2 Mar 2005, 05:07 (Ref:1239675)   #20
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
The third driver should be Erik Comas (source : Stéphane Daoudi, on the french forum MotorLegend).
Old 2 Mar 2005, 06:26 (Ref:1239702)   #21
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab
The third driver should be Erik Comas (source : Stéphane Daoudi, on the french forum MotorLegend).
Good choice. The team needs experienced drivers, it could all get quite emotional for Les Francais!
Old 2 Mar 2005, 10:05 (Ref:1239862)   #22
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Ortelli/Gounon/Comas is certainly a strong line-up. But is it enough to beat Lehto/Werner/Kristensen or Biela/Pirro/McNish? Could be a tremendous scrap.
Old 2 Mar 2005, 10:28 (Ref:1239893)   #23
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan
Ortelli/Gounon/Comas is certainly a strong line-up. But is it enough to beat Lehto/Werner/Kristensen or Biela/Pirro/McNish?
How good it is to ask question about the winner before the race...

Remember some of the last years...

We're not on the verge to ask question about the car... but after first LMES/ALMS races, I hope we will !

Last edited by Fab; 2 Mar 2005 at 19:28.
Old 2 Mar 2005, 10:44 (Ref:1239906)   #24
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Will all three ORECA drivers contest the Spa 1000 Kms?
Old 2 Mar 2005, 17:29 (Ref:1240288)   #25
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
These three pilots should not go in the gravel traps during the first laps or hit a car at 7AM.