Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 26 Mar 2006, 21:53 (Ref:1561645)   #1
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
"Fosters" Is Back!

The first meeting (April 1st) at Oulton Park is on the Fosters Circuit!

Timetable Here
Old 26 Mar 2006, 22:03 (Ref:1561657)   #2
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
<rubs hands in anticipation>

thank <self-edited> for that, i missed ole Fosters last year. Fordies, Porkas, Alfas and Fiats will prove a great opener to the Oulton season on probably the most frantic circuit there is. Well except maybe Knockhill....

Bring It ON!!!
Old 26 Mar 2006, 22:08 (Ref:1561660)   #3
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hepatic
<rubs hands in anticipation>

thank <self-edited> for that, i missed ole Fosters last year. Fordies, Porkas, Alfas and Fiats will prove a great opener to the Oulton season on probably the most frantic circuit there is. Well except maybe Knockhill....

Bring It ON!!!
Me thinks there will be marshals phoning Nadine all week with some lame excuse that they "Need" to be at Fosters because they are closer to family watching from car/get nose bleeds at clay hill/dizzy at Druids etc!

Can't say I blame 'em!

Me? I think I'm due at water Tower!
Old 27 Mar 2006, 08:06 (Ref:1562032)   #4
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
graeme should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All you guys in orange like Fosters?? I've been fielding whinges from all our drivers that we're not on one of the longer circuits. Seems to be lots of meetings on Fosters this year - the first 3 Ace Vehicles rounds are on that layout - which is a shame as I seem to need the big stop at Island hairpin to keep up with the Rovers
Old 27 Mar 2006, 11:24 (Ref:1562211)   #5
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by graeme
All you guys in orange like Fosters?? I've been fielding whinges from all our drivers that we're not on one of the longer circuits.
I can't speak for everybody in orange, but a lot of us like both Fosters the circuit & Fosters the post.

Taking the circuit first, small grids on the longer circuits can be very boring; the Fosters circuit closes things up & keeps it interesting. The downside to this is, of course, that reduced gaps can make incident handling more dificult. An important factor in these days of dwindling marshal numbers is that the Fosters circuit needs fewer marshals, making it more likely that each post will have sufficient people to do the job properly.

The Fosters post is one of those where, in the course of a day's racing, you are guaranteed to see many things which will amaze & amuse you. It does seem to have an unnatural attraction for certain cars - witness the many XR2-shaped indentations in the tyre walls!
Old 27 Mar 2006, 11:27 (Ref:1562216)   #6
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It is also a better track for spectators, it enables race days to be run more efficiently, and for championships that visit Oulton on more than one occasion (BARC NW, CFF (NW) and XR) variety is important...
Old 27 Mar 2006, 11:31 (Ref:1562222)   #7
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
I like each circuit greatly - but as Ian says, variety is good. Last season I missed Fosters meetings for a whole host of reasons (those small grid races when you saw a car once every 3 hours especially...) - but I'd hate just as much to have Fosters meetings pretty well every weekend.
Old 27 Mar 2006, 12:03 (Ref:1562262)   #8
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm beginning to think that it is a universal rule:

"Shorter circuits mean better racing from the point of view of those watching. Drivers mostly like longer circuits."

Regards

Jim
Old 27 Mar 2006, 12:06 (Ref:1562268)   #9
Paul Newns
Veteran

Paul Newns should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Personally, I prefer the full circuit. Shell has to be one of the best corners in the country. Island sorts the men from the boys, and flagging Shell in is a real challenge and so good when you get it right.

I agree that if you have small grids the full circuit can be boring, and we do need more marshalls to cover it, but Fosters will always be second best in my mind. It's just a pity we can't get rid of those damn chicanes!
Old 27 Mar 2006, 12:54 (Ref:1562324)   #10
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Sowman
and for championships that visit Oulton on more than one occasion (BARC NW, CFF (NW) and XR) variety is important...
But the first three rounds, at least, of BARC NW are all on the Fosters circuit
Old 27 Mar 2006, 22:13 (Ref:1562766)   #11
Stevespurr
Veteran

Stevespurr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So whats so good about Fosters apart from it being a Aussie Beer that sponsers the British GP?
Old 27 Mar 2006, 22:19 (Ref:1562771)   #12
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevespurr
So whats so good about Fosters apart from it being a Aussie Beer that sponsers the British GP?
Boy, if those are the plus points, I'd hate to see the negatives.
Old 27 Mar 2006, 22:27 (Ref:1562779)   #13
Mike Kelly 1
Veteran

England
Poole, Dorset (Scouser in exile!)
Mike Kelly 1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevespurr
One out of two isn't bad!!!

Hint

Mike Kelly - Patron saint of public houses!
Old 28 Mar 2006, 07:44 (Ref:1563076)   #14
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I for one would not bother to enter a race with the 400 mile round trip involved if it was on the Fosters circuit, just not worthwhile and Oulton is one of my favourites especially before it got 'Chicaned'.
Old 28 Mar 2006, 08:28 (Ref:1563112)   #15
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
I've nowt against Fosters - it is a good track (when racing against similar cars) - it's just variety is the spice of life (must be 5 years since I've raced on the full circuit ) - I guess marshalling numbers is one reason for running the smaller circuit, along with the extra practice time demanded by the Blue Book for the full circuit (20 minutes rather than 15)
Old 28 Mar 2006, 12:37 (Ref:1563268)   #16
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
anyone know what the grids are like for saturday....ill be there with mum so yad beter watch out!
Old 28 Mar 2006, 12:52 (Ref:1563289)   #17
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Final instructions are on the BRSCC site. A quick tot up: BARC NW - 10, Alfa - 31, CFF (NW) - 33, TVR - 10, Fiat - 10, 924 - failed to make a note, in the teens. I expect these will increase by Saturday.
Old 28 Mar 2006, 13:26 (Ref:1563313)   #18
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Final instructions are on the BRSCC site. A quick tot up: BARC NW - 10, Alfa - 31, CFF (NW) - 33, TVR - 10, Fiat - 10, 924 - failed to make a note, in the teens. I expect these will increase by Saturday.
Latest Club FF I heard is 45. I expect it to reach 50
Old 28 Mar 2006, 14:18 (Ref:1563336)   #19
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Oh, XR 21 as well.
Old 28 Mar 2006, 19:25 (Ref:1563571)   #20
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Final instructions are on the BRSCC site.
Where? I couldn't find anything on the BRSCC website, but found it on the Alfa championship site.

Quote:
BARC NW - 10,
That's very disappointing. No Class D entries shown, which is surprising, & a lot of the regulars missing - let's hope there's a rush of late entries!

Quote:
Alfa -31
Not bad, but the new Class G, for production 2-litre Twinspark engined cars, designed to increase grid sizes by providing a cheap(ish) way into racing has only three entries.

Quote:
924 - failed to make a note, in the teens.
Old 28 Mar 2006, 19:58 (Ref:1563668)   #21
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Try via the Calendar page
Old 29 Mar 2006, 06:59 (Ref:1564009)   #22
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
re BARC NW - entry forms were only sent out a week and a half ago, so hopefully some later entries, so I've got someone to race against!
Old 29 Mar 2006, 07:29 (Ref:1564023)   #23
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by graeme
re BARC NW - entry forms were only sent out a week and a half ago, so hopefully some later entries, so I've got someone to race against!
I hope so too! I can think of at least half a dozen more I'd expect to be racing - can't believe Duncan won't be there!

Quote:
Try via the Calendar page
Hmmm......I obviously didn't look hard enough!
Old 29 Mar 2006, 12:42 (Ref:1564149)   #24
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Brand
IHmmm......I obviously didn't look hard enough!
Upgrading to Observer now, then?
Old 29 Mar 2006, 13:21 (Ref:1564175)   #25
mick dickens
Racer

England
bollington
mick dickens should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
first meeting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Mitchell
The first meeting (April 1st) at Oulton Park is on the Fosters Circuit!

Timetable Here
its good to have fosters back on the clender. All i want is all meetings to start at 9.00 and finish at 18.00 and a decent lunch time