Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 19 Sep 2012, 12:55 (Ref:3138473)   #1
mythoughtsareracing
Racer

United States
Houston Area
mythoughtsareracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmythoughtsareracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RHR Interview on CNN

Right now, there is an live interview on CNN in the US.

I think it's significant in terms of exposure for IndyCar racing to people who might not otherwise be exposed.

Positive? Negative? All of the above?

[EDIT]
I am trying to find a link to the CNN video.

My personal thoughts are that this is damn good exposure overall.
More eyeballs on open wheel racing.

The fact that the interview was run live at 8:45am (approx.) EDT when there are a number of viewers that might not otherwise know about IndyCar might see it and have a spark of interest.

One thing that I found interesting is the heavy emphasis on a US driver winning the championship of a US top-level series.

Perhaps continued exposure to RHR, the series, and so on for the remainder of the year, with the schedule to be announced in the very near future is a good thing.

Last edited by mythoughtsareracing; 19 Sep 2012 at 13:02.
Old 19 Sep 2012, 12:58 (Ref:3138478)   #2
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Anything that prompts a reaction is good.

I expect there will be a few "IndyCar? Does that still exist?"'s from the housewives of America, but if 10 people seek it out on whatever godforsaken channel its on, its got to be good.

Hope he will get on Letterman/Leno aswell.
Old 19 Sep 2012, 13:17 (Ref:3138488)   #3
mythoughtsareracing
Racer

United States
Houston Area
mythoughtsareracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmythoughtsareracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peat View Post
Anything that prompts a reaction is good.

I expect there will be a few "IndyCar? Does that still exist?"'s from the housewives of America, but if 10 people seek it out on whatever godforsaken channel its on, its got to be good.
I wonder if they're trying to convince NBC to run some IndyCar races on the broadcast network...
If there's enough buzz and wiggle language in the TV contracts.

Quote:
Hope he will get on Letterman/Leno aswell.
I concur.
Get him on Stephen Colbert. The whole patriotic angle would play well on that show.
Old 19 Sep 2012, 16:51 (Ref:3138572)   #4
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
They'll know he's an American motorsports star without actually knowing what series he competes in. Indycar is very, very, very lucky to have access to car mad talk show hosts Leno and team boss Letterman.
Old 19 Sep 2012, 17:50 (Ref:3138593)   #5
mandretti39
Veteran

Lithuania
Clay, NY USA
mandretti39 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmandretti39 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I found a link to the interview.
http://startingpoint.blogs.cnn.com/2...iref=allsearch
It was a good interview.
Old 19 Sep 2012, 18:43 (Ref:3138622)   #6
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Yeah, that was great.

Really hope RHR can give the series a kick and get some more bums on seats.

It's just a shame that it is SUCH a long off-season this time.
Old 21 Sep 2012, 12:47 (Ref:3139628)   #7
pach233
Veteran

United States
Greenville, SC
pach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peat View Post
Yeah, that was great.

Really hope RHR can give the series a kick and get some more bums on seats.

It's just a shame that it is SUCH a long off-season this time.
I was actually thinking about this yesterday. With a potential full 6 months! of downtime between seasons it will be very difficult for Indycar to keep any momentum gained from the RHR title. IMO it would be a wise decision to run a mid-break exhibition race (a la F1 in the 60s) somewhere in the South just to keep at least some buzz going. You can make it worth some prize money or a cut of the sanction fees to make it worthwhile for the teams. Probably a pipe dream and too late to plan anyway. All the more reason why the season needs to last longer than 15 races and 6 months.
Old 21 Sep 2012, 17:54 (Ref:3139693)   #8
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
How about some street shows at major cities, with pitstop contests, burnouts and two-seater rides?