Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 30 Nov 2012, 21:33 (Ref:3173693)   #1
douglasjames671
Rookie

Australia
Brisbane
douglasjames671 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddouglasjames671 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Matt White drops hint for 2013

Matty White announced that last night was his last as host of Today Tonight. Perhaps this is in prep to make the move to Ten Motorsport for the 2013 series
Old 30 Nov 2012, 21:37 (Ref:3173697)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Replaced on TT by Bill Woods?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 30 Nov 2012, 22:43 (Ref:3173720)   #3
thunderbolt
Veteran

thunderbolt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.mediaspy.org/2012/11/30/t...or-matt-white/
Quote:
the Seven Network confirming that White will continue with the network in another role after four years as host.

"It's time for me to take on other challenges at Seven and continue pursuing my number one love - live television" said Matt White through the statement.
Old 1 Dec 2012, 02:12 (Ref:3173764)   #4
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So could we see Mr. Bill Woods with Channel Seven as lead commentator?
Old 1 Dec 2012, 07:35 (Ref:3173836)   #5
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Yes Please ! I don't care what channel the V8s end up on as long as we no longer have to put up with White.
Old 1 Dec 2012, 07:38 (Ref:3173838)   #6
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
Yes Please ! I don't care what channel the V8s end up on as long as we no longer have to put up with White.
Funny that - many on here used to complain about Bill Woods when he was doing commentary (or intro in any case) with Ten back in the day.

Agree with you on White though.
Old 1 Dec 2012, 10:26 (Ref:3173862)   #7
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Chris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I quite like Matt White's enthusiastic style. I hope he turns up at on V8 Supercar telecasts next year.
Old 1 Dec 2012, 10:33 (Ref:3173865)   #8
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris - Melb View Post
I quite like Matt White's enthusiastic style. I hope he turns up at on V8 Supercar telecasts next year.
For me, hopefully he is as far away from
the microphone as possible. If he
concentrated more on the racing instead
of trying to be a comedian he would be
easier on the ears.
Old 3 Dec 2012, 10:56 (Ref:3174568)   #9
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
More Here

In today's Fin Review is a full page ad from #7 showing all their programs for next season.. in a back corner, not totally legible, but able to be made out, is the V8Supercar logo...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 4 Dec 2012, 03:16 (Ref:3174842)   #10
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
More Here

In today's Fin Review is a full page ad from #7 showing all their programs for next season.. in a back corner, not totally legible, but able to be made out, is the V8Supercar logo...
Yeah, but then they put X factor in their programming pitch to advertisers and two weeks later that was let go.

Spoke to someone who should know (and whose employment for 2013 is heavily contingent upon it) and they said nothing's been agreed or confirmed and, from the tone, it seems it's a fair way from anything being locked in.

Then again, these things can move quickly sometimes. He's certainly hoping so.
Old 4 Dec 2012, 04:56 (Ref:3174856)   #11
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardo1 View Post
Yeah, but then they put X factor in their programming pitch to advertisers and two weeks later that was let go.
X Factor has not been let go by Channel 7, infact they were plugging ads for the auditions for the 2013 series on TV this morning.

Australia's Got Talent was dropped by 7 a few months back though (but that was never listed as part of their 2013 lineup.
Old 4 Dec 2012, 08:37 (Ref:3174898)   #12
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
I pray to god I hope not, M.White might not be everyones cup of tea, but he a bloody lot better then B.Woods, L.Diffey. And Rusty is falling into there bad habits as well.
The CH7 com team might not be the best, but atm it passes.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 4 Dec 2012, 09:04 (Ref:3174905)   #13
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Chris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR View Post
I pray to god I hope not, M.White might not be everyones cup of tea, but he a bloody lot better then B.Woods, L.Diffey. And Rusty is falling into there bad habits as well.
The CH7 com team might not be the best, but atm it passes.
During their old Channel 10 telecasts Bill Woods always looked like he was bored and would rather be somewhere else. I was therefore surprised when he wrote that book of his on motor racing legends.

Matthew White fails to ever look bored.
Old 4 Dec 2012, 09:12 (Ref:3174913)   #14
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris - Melb View Post
During their old Channel 10 telecasts Bill Woods always looked like he was bored and would rather be somewhere else. I was therefore surprised when he wrote that book of his on motor racing legends.
Judging by the accuracy (or is that inaccuracy) of so much of the content in that book, he must have gotten bored while writing it.....
Old 5 Dec 2012, 01:56 (Ref:3175214)   #15
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
X Factor has not been let go by Channel 7, infact they were plugging ads for the auditions for the 2013 series on TV this morning.

Australia's Got Talent was dropped by 7 a few months back though (but that was never listed as part of their 2013 lineup.
Yep, got my talent (pun intended) shows confused. That happens when you neither watch nor care about them.

But AGT was part of the pitch doc sent to advertisers, but was given a very low priority. Guessing they weren't sure whether to keep it at that point.