Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 17 Dec 2000, 11:56 (Ref:52977)   #1
redback
Racer

redback should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FYI. A while ago there was a topic on the ABC documentary called "In the Pits" about Larry Perkins, etc. at Bathurst. I just bought it from an ABC shop today. I personally think it is a waste of $25.95 but everyone else seemed to rave about it.
Old 17 Dec 2000, 15:52 (Ref:53012)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I quite enjoyed it actually..please tell us why you were dissapointed with it redback ???
Old 18 Dec 2000, 04:00 (Ref:53128)   #3
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, for 9:30pm Thursday night, it is pretty good viewing on the ABC

Plus, you should have gone to KMart and bought it at a cheaper price...

I guess for all of the effort they went to, going to all of the rounds, they should have at least made it 2 hours long...

Old 18 Dec 2000, 13:04 (Ref:53154)   #4
redback
Racer

redback should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The reason I disliked the video is that I hate people trashing the sport. I think it was made as the true outsider would see it. But I was embarrased by it. Recently there was an episode of "the Fat" (another ABC show) where the panel trashed Bathurst. But this is how the general public see us. People getting drunk and not even watching the race. Would you sink your money into this type of sport? I know it is all true e.g Larry is a bit past it and wants to run everything. Mork is a "backmarker" and Melinda who I previously had a lot of respect for came across as a real bimbo. I love motorsport but if we are to continue to raise sponsorship dollars to keep doing what we love I think we need to raise a more positive side of motorsport. We should see more professional teams at work. The real professional teams wouldn't have been seen dead on that doco. The less professional teams should aspire to be like them, I'm not saying be dead serious and not have any fun but at least act professional when a camera is on you. Don't carry on like fools. I recently saw a doco on the Gibbs Nascar team, that was impressive!