Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 24 Nov 2012, 10:38 (Ref:3170499)   #26
flyingduck
Veteran

flyingduck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So jmac is out arm is not broken I read I'm sorry but can someone tell me about the other 2 will they make it Sunday?
Old 24 Nov 2012, 18:35 (Ref:3170642)   #27
flyingduck
Veteran

Also how do we get sector times?
Old 24 Nov 2012, 20:43 (Ref:3170673)   #28
socram
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
socram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsocram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Needless to say, absolutely zero ST news in the Auckland Sunday Star Times...
Old 24 Nov 2012, 21:16 (Ref:3170681)   #29
flyingduck
Veteran

The herald has a piece on the Korea round and that's it
Old 24 Nov 2012, 21:27 (Ref:3170689)   #30
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
whoa lotta drama for the st boys this week. strange... none of this was mentioned in the 3 news item i saw last nite?

hope john is ok
Old 24 Nov 2012, 23:24 (Ref:3170725)   #31
Sommersby
Racer

Sommersby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
whoa lotta drama for the st boys this week. strange... none of this was mentioned in the 3 news item i saw last nite?

hope john is ok
Hi

The footage of the crash wasn't released until today. With out pictures it's called radio.

Now I have it, and I've talked to John, It will be in the news tonight.

I hope this clarifies things for you.

Shaun

Last edited by Sommersby; 24 Nov 2012 at 23:26. Reason: spelling
Old 24 Nov 2012, 23:25 (Ref:3170726)   #32
flyingduck
Veteran

Anyone know what happened on the first lap???
Old 24 Nov 2012, 23:28 (Ref:3170727)   #33
Sommersby
Racer

Sommersby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingduck View Post
Anyone know what happened on the first lap???
madness....it be on at 1.15pm
Old 25 Nov 2012, 00:45 (Ref:3170734)   #34
socram
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
socram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsocram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
When I see this sort of carnage at a top level, I am reminded of the major differences between driving a fairly rare classic, for fun, on a miniscule budget and having ready access to a pile of spare parts, mechanical and bodywork - and the budget to deal with the problems!
Old 25 Nov 2012, 05:53 (Ref:3170774)   #35
flyingduck
Veteran

A few quick things I saw

Paul Morris what a goose enough said.

Owen Kelly see above.

Thought young Scotty did so well up to murph and good to see he owned up to the error.

Edgell seemed to be trying to make a move on murph not blocking thought it was harsh call.
Old 25 Nov 2012, 07:42 (Ref:3170794)   #36
Biggy G
Veteran

Biggy G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.v8st.co.nz/results/points.html

M3 Racing #10, Team # 51, M3 Motorsport #15 deducted 100 points from round 3 for technical infringement..
Wonder what it was? All 3 of the M3 cars hit with the penalty.
Old 25 Nov 2012, 09:53 (Ref:3170822)   #37
flyingduck
Veteran

Something with the rear bumper I believe.
Old 25 Nov 2012, 11:37 (Ref:3170863)   #38
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mr Perkins mentioned the nerfing on twitter, and Russell Ingall has likened Mr MacG to his boss in the V8SC enduros. Said boss then has a go at Russell who returns serve. More fireworks than the NZ Summer series thread! lol
Old 25 Nov 2012, 21:03 (Ref:3171308)   #39
flyingduck
Veteran

Have to say after watching the Johnny Mac crash and reading his concerns after the accident will we the Ruapuna track up there safety as I have already heard rumors the South Island round of next years series may be at the new Queenstown track?
Old 25 Nov 2012, 21:35 (Ref:3171332)   #40
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingduck View Post
Have to say after watching the Johnny Mac crash and reading his concerns after the accident will we the Ruapuna track up there safety as I have already heard rumors the South Island round of next years series may be at the new Queenstown track?
I think that would be a great place to have it, very high quality venue. Once the Nelson circuit is built and running that would be a good option too I would think.

Don't think you would ever see them at Levels though, or maybe not at Ruapuna either now.
Old 25 Nov 2012, 21:38 (Ref:3171337)   #41
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Man that was chaos! the Johnny Mac crash made my stomach turn and the interview with him was awful to watch...feel really sorry for JM.

But congrats to Scott, but also Tasman with their first win in the series.

Seems to me that this was an all-out, oh-well, we'll get new cars next year, kinda race. That first lap in race one was like nothing i've seen before.

Last edited by NZSTfan; 25 Nov 2012 at 21:39. Reason: .
Old 25 Nov 2012, 21:39 (Ref:3171338)   #42
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
Don't think you would ever see them at Levels though, or maybe not at Ruapuna either now.
Not a chance for Levels or Teretonga for that matter IMHO.
Old 25 Nov 2012, 21:52 (Ref:3171360)   #43
Club racer
Racer

Club racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=NZSTfan;3171337]Man that was chaos! the Johnny Mac crash made my stomach turn and the interview with him was awful to watch...feel really sorry for JM.

Yep couldn't agree more. The circuit is not safe enough for those cars or for those faster enduro cars that raced there. It has a safety license, but it's obvious that the tyre barriers don't work. Not enough of them, not tethered and in some places buried into the bank itself and so full of dirt that effectively you are hitting the bank directly anyway.

Complacency in my opinion, because you can get endless old tyres for free, Manfeild have a tethering machine which I am sure they would be happy to loan out and the CCC guys could crack it over a few days of working bees. No excuses realy.
Old 25 Nov 2012, 23:11 (Ref:3171423)   #44
flyingduck
Veteran

I thought in such a high speed area the tyres would be 3 or 4 deep.

I rewatched the coverage last night and in race one did no one get a penalty for the turn 1 accident?
I don't know how Edgell was done for blocking going into the Hairpin. It didn't look like Gaunt had a chance to pass and Edgell was looking to make a move on Murphy I don't think he would have even looked in the Mirror.

Also thought that the Accident on the first lap must have been a scary ride for Canto,

Also can any one confirm the reason for points docking for the M3 team?
Old 25 Nov 2012, 23:36 (Ref:3171429)   #45
Bill Brown
Racer

Bill Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=Club racer;3171360]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
Man that was chaos! the Johnny Mac crash made my stomach turn and the interview with him was awful to watch...feel really sorry for JM.

Yep couldn't agree more. The circuit is not safe enough for those cars or for those faster enduro cars that raced there. It has a safety license, but it's obvious that the tyre barriers don't work. Not enough of them, not tethered and in some places buried into the bank itself and so full of dirt that effectively you are hitting the bank directly anyway.

Complacency in my opinion, because you can get endless old tyres for free, Manfeild have a tethering machine which I am sure they would be happy to loan out and the CCC guys could crack it over a few days of working bees. No excuses realy.
I thought our tracks were inspected annually by MSNZ Track Inspectors??
Old 25 Nov 2012, 23:51 (Ref:3171436)   #46
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Brown View Post
I thought our tracks were inspected annually by MSNZ Track Inspectors??
They may well be, but inspected for what exactly? When safety should be paramount, either the criteria for approval is pretty low, or they aren't doing a great job. All those South Island tracks are dangerous; we've raced at them all and have seen the results of a minor tap that puts a car off the track. Heaven forbid if the grass is wet (as it frequently is at Teretonga) because you will likely wreck your car on the "tyres" (they are so old and full of stuff, they're as hard as concrete).
Old 26 Nov 2012, 00:14 (Ref:3171446)   #47
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Doesn't that remind you of the 'other' Johnny Mac crash in the NZV8's (was it teretonga or levels??), but anyway it was very wet and he lost the back end and went into that bank of tyres/dirt on the left hand side. And then from memory a few more cars piled in over the top....

I guess hindsight is a major here as well. You probably dont really know the safety levels of a circuit until it gets proved by a real life crash
Old 26 Nov 2012, 00:21 (Ref:3171449)   #48
harcey
Racer

harcey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by on_to_it View Post
They may well be, but inspected for what exactly? When safety should be paramount, either the criteria for approval is pretty low, or they aren't doing a great job. All those South Island tracks are dangerous; we've raced at them all and have seen the results of a minor tap that puts a car off the track. Heaven forbid if the grass is wet (as it frequently is at Teretonga) because you will likely wreck your car on the "tyres" (they are so old and full of stuff, they're as hard as concrete).
because they are low category rated circuits they have minimal safety requirements thrust on the operators....
this is where common sense comes into play as far as extra work being carried out...
but i guess the dollars will always intervene.....
old tyres are free and old conveyer belt rubber is very cheap and sometimes free....and the three tracks down south are club/owned run so you would think they would be more likely to have access to club volunteers to help.
Old 26 Nov 2012, 00:21 (Ref:3171450)   #49
Club racer
Racer

Club racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by on_to_it View Post

My guess is that the criteria must be low. Just because it's a 'pass' doesn't mean it's as good as it could or should be. Lessons should ALWAYS be learned from accidents like this - they are 'big ones' where the only control in the outcome anyone has is in the quality and effectiveness of the safety infrastructure they put in place.

I hope they do go back to Ruapuna but I also hope they make some cursory effort to put more tyres where John crashed and at a couple of other points on the track. It's a really fabulous track with fabulous people but I really, really hope they don't put their heads in the sand and say safety is all good because they have an MSNZ track license. That would be a real shame, because these are not criticisms. And John's crash presents a big opportunity for them to say 'yep, we can improve that and make it safer' -
Old 26 Nov 2012, 00:22 (Ref:3171451)   #50
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
I started off watching the races....but found myself drifting back to watch the Aussie cricket.
Maybe they need some more cars,or a shorter sprint race?.