Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 30 Jul 2013, 10:47 (Ref:3283731)   #26
Robin_D
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Warwickshire, UK
Robin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd just like to say a big thank you to the teams at Aintree on Friday, Copse Inside on Saturday (told you that cars aim for that barrier!), and Aintree again on Sunday.

You all worked really hard in sometimes difficult conditions but the job was always done brilliantly.
Old 30 Jul 2013, 12:13 (Ref:3283759)   #27
Croft Marshal
Rookie

England
Washington Tyne & Wear
Croft Marshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fay View Post
On behalf of myself, HSCC and Goose, I would like to thank all marshals for the weekend. Some days were long and wet, but everyone seemed to enjoy themselves.

I think most posts had some sort of incident over the weekend and everything was dealt with efficiently.

Marshals at the posts where the parades were entering/exiting the circuit also helped out getting the cars on and off the circuit and this was of much help to ensure the smooth running of the meeting. For those of you who want to know, there were 1208 Porsche 911 cars which came on and off within 50 minutes.

If anyone has any comments for improvements then please let me know and we will see if there is anything that can be done.

Once again my thanks to all marshals at The Silverstone Classic.

Fay Crook
Chief Marshal
Silverstone Classic
one change I would make is the teams wrist bands. a green one for the pit wall and a red one for the pit lane, it would make our like in the pit lane a whole lot easier than the ten different coloured bands we had to keep checking
Old 30 Jul 2013, 20:28 (Ref:3283934)   #28
Pitsmarion
Rookie

Guernsey
Huntingdon
Pitsmarion should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I completely agree. We were asked not to check if people were wearing wristbands, not to check if they were wearing the right colour wrist band, but to check if the right colour wrist band had the right race written on it....all when hordes of excited team members are crossing the pit lane at a run! On more than one occasion, when asking to see what was on the wristband, I was asked if I was serious, and I was forced to admit that I was. Needless to say we were on the sharp end of some comments, some of them not pleasant, and it took the shine off what should have been an excellent weekend. It was much better later in the weekend when we just had to check that people were wearing wristbands at all, as that can mostly be done without stopping people (at least in good weather!) and so is not such an obvious "heavy presence".
Fay, it would be helpful if you get a chance to comment on these sorts of things on behalf of the marshals before the rules are finally laid down and set in stone.

Marion
Old 31 Jul 2013, 12:58 (Ref:3284219)   #29
TerryD
Racer

United Kingdom
Suffolk
TerryD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with you Marion!