Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Kart Racing

Old 19 Aug 2003, 18:20 (Ref:692460)   #1
Mazuly
Rookie

Mazuly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Your Karting Pictures

Hi guys,

I thought it would be fun to see people's karting pictures, specially the weekend racers like me. So I start by posting mine and hopefully you guys will follow (or lead since I am not that fast )
Attached Thumbnails
sh-2003-1.jpg  

Last edited by Mazuly; 19 Aug 2003 at 18:21.
Old 20 Aug 2003, 04:59 (Ref:692829)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
great pic

ok heres one of mine from a few years back though.

Here I am taking a friends kart for a test drive , and testing the limits well and truly
Attached Thumbnails
marcus3.jpg  
Old 20 Aug 2003, 05:09 (Ref:692835)   #3
Mazuly
Rookie

Nice picture as well marcus

Isn't going sideways more fun than going strait I hope someone get a sideways picture of me one of these days.
Old 21 Aug 2003, 17:35 (Ref:694582)   #4
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully this will upload - me at Forest Edge going thru the last corner in my Sodi Rotax Max
Attached Thumbnails
kartshot.gif  
Old 21 Aug 2003, 17:58 (Ref:694610)   #5
speedy king
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
speedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridspeedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Here's my Gillard Junior Max at Ellough, Sorry about the quality, it had to come down a lot of KB which made it blury, i'm 26, if you can make it out
Attached Thumbnails
k2reduced[2].jpg  

Last edited by speedy king; 21 Aug 2003 at 18:04.
Old 22 Aug 2003, 03:53 (Ref:695075)   #6
Mazuly
Rookie

This is nice guys. Keep them coming. I am also glad to see so many people racing Rotax. I was actually at SRA track today (near Montreal, Canada, www.srakarting.com), lapping and had a lot of fun. Next week I will be racing at Grand-Mère track. I heard it is one of the nicest tracks in Canada and I am really looking forward to it.

By the way, driving back from Montreal to Ottawa (about 2 hours drive), I almost hit a deer. I must have passed by a foot. I don’t think I have ever been that scarred driving, even on the track, as I was after I passed that deer. Man that was close.

Speedy King, I can not make out the number of your kart from the picture. Maybe you can let us know position and/or color of the kart you are driving (first kart on the right or something)

Happy Kartin,
Maziar

Last edited by Mazuly; 22 Aug 2003 at 03:57.
Old 22 Aug 2003, 19:10 (Ref:695901)   #7
speedy king
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
speedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridspeedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
2nd kart on the right
Old 22 Aug 2003, 19:13 (Ref:695906)   #8
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
shiny side up! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That totally didn't help!
Old 22 Aug 2003, 19:21 (Ref:695911)   #9
Gore
Racer

United Kingdom
London
Gore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't have a kart of my own to show you guys (and won't 'til I've paid off some of my student debts!), but here's a picture of me driving one of Club100's TKM engined karts at Buckmore Park last week for "Ten-Tenths Racing," a team made up of members of this forum. If anyone who knows Buckmore can work out where the picture was taken I'd be grateful--my best guess is on the way into turn 1 but I'm not sure. The illegible sticker on my visor is advertising for my mate's band--they buy me a beer everytime I display their logo in public and I'm hoping this counts...

(In case anyone's interested, we finished 18th out of 36 teams at Buckmore after losing a chain early on while lying 2nd. We'll be trying to do our name justice at the next round in Birmingham on September 13).
Attached Thumbnails
buckmore_aug_16.jpg  

Last edited by Gore; 22 Aug 2003 at 19:22.
Old 22 Aug 2003, 19:29 (Ref:695922)   #10
speedy king
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
I think thats the last bend? Youc ans ee the club house in that picture
Old 22 Aug 2003, 19:39 (Ref:695931)   #11
Gore
Racer

United Kingdom
London
Just worked it out--it's the exit of turn two. That explains how I'm turning right but have the new club house on my left.

It took me two days to work that out...
Old 22 Aug 2003, 20:04 (Ref:695963)   #12
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Was that the race after I was there?

On the hottest dayu of the year, I really struggled that day, just me and my dad did the 3 hour race and after every stint I did I felt like collapsing but had to get my breath back knowing i had to go out again. The hardest thing i've ever done in my life! Though at least I know i'm more competitive than i was last year, lopped over 3 seconds off my time from Buckmore in November, though part of that was down to higher temperatures and more grip it was pleasing nonetheless!
Old 22 Aug 2003, 20:30 (Ref:696001)   #13
Gore
Racer

United Kingdom
London
No, the picture's from the weekend after that. As it happens though, I also raced with Club100 at Buckmore on the day you did (the day the hottest temperature ever recorded in the UK was registered a few miles up the road in Gravesend...). I did the afternoon race, were you running in the morning? Doing a three hour race with only two drivers is impressive in that heat; I only did one, 25 minute stint that day, but I sweat more than I ever have done in my life. I was so hot I was walking around the paddock shirtless, which with my scrawny body, isn't something I do too often!

Was it just me (or our kart) or were the brakes pretty poor that day? I was having to brake so early for the second corner (just before the surface change on the left), and wondered if that was a result of the heat.

Last edited by Gore; 22 Aug 2003 at 20:33.
Old 23 Aug 2003, 00:29 (Ref:696121)   #14
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah me and my dad ran in the morning, Dad got taken out at the start which put as at the back but I managed to get us to 9th before dad bent the axle and we ended up 26thish. I had a couple of offs later on, twice taken out by spinners not braking and a couple on my own when I had lapses of concentration.

Inclusive of practice I did 4 stints of around 20-25 minutes each (practice was 15), basically ran until I physically couldn't hack it anymore. In my final race stint I was feeling terrible, covered in huge bruises and a huge scab on my back (still got bruises and scabs nearly 2 weeks on!), because of that and the stiffness of my arms and dehydration I really strugged and was losing time like anything, running off the course, etc. Couldn't really comment on changes in the brakes because I was having to concentrate so hard on driving the thingin a stable way. In the end I did a couple of laps where I gritted my teeth and just took the pain, didnt last very long though!

Managed to impress Dad with an overtaking move, round the outside of carfe corner running along the edge of the track! Just had to be forceful!
Old 26 Aug 2003, 20:46 (Ref:699999)   #15
Tom Horley
Racer

Tom Horley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
this is me at clay pigeon earlier this year. Sorry if it has gone funny its a huge photo.
Attached Thumbnails
tomclay22.jpg  
Old 27 Aug 2003, 06:41 (Ref:700305)   #16
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Horley
this is me at clay pigeon earlier this year. Sorry if it has gone funny its a huge photo.
Nice pic Tom. Clays a great circuit is'nt it? I might race there next year if Forest and Matchams close, I've only tested there so far but loved every corner. And its so smoothe....
Old 27 Aug 2003, 10:55 (Ref:700498)   #17
Tom Horley
Racer

Tom Horley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey Ghinzani, I used to love clay but when we went for the british champs earlier in the year, they had resurfaced the bends and done a pretty poor job. Grip levels changing as you enter the bends. I thought they had ruined a great track.
Old 27 Aug 2003, 12:41 (Ref:700610)   #18
Lee Yue Yang
Racer

Singapore
Singapore
Lee Yue Yang should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've got some pics but how do I attach them?Do they have to be in a webpage somewhere or can I upload directly from my desktop?Thanks.
Old 27 Aug 2003, 23:13 (Ref:701264)   #19
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
ok Lee , in the box you type your reply you will see in brackets (click here for full topic reply features) above it , click on that and a new page will appear.

you dont need to post a topic (you can if you want it will appear next to the date in your reply)

simply then type the text you want in the box below and down the bottom you will see something like attach file or something like that or maybe a browse button , click on that and find the picture on your hard drive and simply double click it to attach it and your away , press post reply after that.

this may take a bit of time as the picture needs to be uploaded but it should work.

Also the ppicture should be no more than 400 x 400 pixels , I use my scanner software to shrink some pics down if they are too big.

gee I hope this makes sense ,

anyway give it a go its not as hard as I think im making it sound
Old 28 Aug 2003, 18:35 (Ref:702088)   #20
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is a pic of the the first corner of the first lap of the "Old Buck" race during Buckmores Elite Night last friday. My team mate's in there somewhere but I can't see him! I was pleased to get a comfortable second place in the Young Buck race and my team mates eventual 5th was enough to give us a team third.
Attached Thumbnails
turn 1 lap one old buck race small.jpg  
Old 15 Sep 2003, 14:24 (Ref:719574)   #21
Lee Yue Yang
Racer

Singapore
Singapore
Lee Yue Yang should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ok.Thanks alot Marcus.I'll upload some pictures once I have the time.They are quite blur though...
Old 17 Sep 2003, 16:24 (Ref:722038)   #22
sf2001
Rookie

United Kingdom
Northern Ireland
sf2001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.worldkartracing.co.uk/ni/.../nika52003.htm
Old 17 Sep 2003, 20:28 (Ref:722329)   #23
AndyM
Racer

AndyM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Heres me, on a rolling up lap @ Whilton Mill in March.
Attached Thumbnails
103-0331_img.jpg  
Old 17 Sep 2003, 20:39 (Ref:722344)   #24
Mazuly
Rookie

Nice pictures. Keep them coming guys
Old 18 Sep 2003, 16:11 (Ref:723175)   #25
#15 tkm 4/
Racer

#15 tkm 4/ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ok i got some good pics but i cant transfer it otha to this, it says stuff which i dnt got a clue about