Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 20 Jun 2004, 19:19 (Ref:1009815)   #1
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Congrats Taku

As i can't see another thread about it, would just like to congratulae Taku on his first F1 podium, the first of many imo.

Old 20 Jun 2004, 19:21 (Ref:1009816)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yep. About bloody time too.

He ran well and the on board shots showed him to be making moves. Good job he wasn't in the second Ferrari. Ooops! Politically incorrect I think.
Old 20 Jun 2004, 19:23 (Ref:1009825)   #3
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Mallett
Good job he wasn't in the second Ferrari. Ooops! Politically incorrect I think.
I think you make an extremely fair point Peter, but thats proberbly for another topic
Old 20 Jun 2004, 19:24 (Ref:1009830)   #4
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This result has been building throughout the year for Sato & now he's got one & got the monkey off his back there could well be a few more for him before the season is over.
Old 20 Jun 2004, 19:25 (Ref:1009833)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
*snigger*
Old 20 Jun 2004, 19:26 (Ref:1009838)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Apologies. I was responding to Mr V. No offence meant there. Bugger. Can't get it right even when I'm trying to be nice!!!
Old 20 Jun 2004, 19:27 (Ref:1009842)   #7
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Good drive by Sato.. kept his head and finished it off. Congratulations!
Old 20 Jun 2004, 19:28 (Ref:1009844)   #8
elspethhardie
Racer

Wales
South Wales
elspethhardie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelspethhardie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Indeed Well done Sato!
Old 20 Jun 2004, 19:30 (Ref:1009850)   #9
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
congrats . good job today ..

Ciao Marco
Old 20 Jun 2004, 19:32 (Ref:1009855)   #10
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Well at least it diverts us from making Rubens driver of the d............... er sorry. No really. I'm so sorry I mentioned it, I really don't know what I was thinking.
Old 20 Jun 2004, 19:33 (Ref:1009858)   #11
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
But not without contact... again. Was I the only one holding my breath when he and JB were going through traffic together?
Old 20 Jun 2004, 19:38 (Ref:1009879)   #12
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sato was the most impressive driver out there today. Well deserved his trophy today.
Old 20 Jun 2004, 19:39 (Ref:1009881)   #13
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quite possibly. Sadly for you JV wasn't out there holding everyone up.
Old 20 Jun 2004, 19:40 (Ref:1009887)   #14
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Old 20 Jun 2004, 19:41 (Ref:1009889)   #15
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Fantastic race from Sato, certainly driver of the day. But I think he was screwed by team tactics. I reckon he could have won that race.
Old 20 Jun 2004, 19:47 (Ref:1009904)   #16
300kph
Racer

300kph should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by f1manoz
Fantastic race from Sato, certainly driver of the day. But I think he was screwed by team tactics. I reckon he could have won that race.
Same thoughts here...I really enjoyed his charge up the field...
Old 20 Jun 2004, 20:26 (Ref:1009979)   #17
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Congrats to Taku. Really showed the doubters what he can do today!

Here's to many future successes for this humble man!
Old 20 Jun 2004, 20:34 (Ref:1009997)   #18
NiceGuyEddie
Veteran

NiceGuyEddie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Absolutly amazing stuff. When he and Button got up to traffic, Sato was already passed Webber and Coulthard before Button could even think of pressuring Webber (which wasn't necessary since Webber got on to the gras). Sato was passed Webber within four corners after he left the pits. He didn't even seem to lose time when he got by Fisichella and Heidfeld. He passed Fisichella simply by taking a narrower line through the corner, but he did it while carrying more speed. Amazing. His racepace wasn't too bad either. Of course the Ferrari's were beyond his reach (which could've had something to do with tactics), but he closed a gap of almost 10 seconds to Panis in about 5 or 6 laps, and didn't spoil more than two laps in overtaking him.

Surely, Taku-san is the man of the match. If this is what he can do when his brain is in the correct mode, than there is indeed no stopping him.

Today, Sato reminded me of why I enjoy watching Formula 1.
Old 20 Jun 2004, 20:42 (Ref:1010012)   #19
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes, it's truly impressive at the ease Sato made it look when he flew pass his competitors.

You'd wonder how do cars get stuck for laps and laps without a move, when one could do so many guys in just a couple of laps.

Sato had been performing quite impressively in the recent races...Button must be feeling the heat.

I wonder if anybody still doubt BAR made a wrong choice in letting JV go and taking on Sato.

BAR never looked in better shape than now. And Sato is one exciting prospect it seems!
Old 20 Jun 2004, 20:45 (Ref:1010021)   #20
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Surely has to be considered the most exciting driver on the grid. Forza Taku!
Old 20 Jun 2004, 20:56 (Ref:1010046)   #21
NiceGuyEddie
Veteran

NiceGuyEddie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I believe Button and Sato are quite evenly matched. Its funny to see though that Button is without a doubt the more mature driver. Quite the opposite from the Button that went crazy with his newly obtained F1-lifestyle. So hats off for Button for that. On pace, both tend to swap the benefit. This weekend it was Sato who had the better, and he had more of those weekends. Like Bahrain, Spain and the Nurburgring.

Sato must keep his brain in the correct mode (which is not saying he has to settle down. Taku must do anything but settle down) and than BAR has one of the best driverlineups on the grid. And if we take a look at the future, perhaps the best.
Old 20 Jun 2004, 23:47 (Ref:1010248)   #22
f1_smiley
Rookie

f1_smiley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hats off to taku-san! (with an extremly low bow to go with it... hai!)
an excellent drive charging up the field, extremely fast pace. a bit sad to say that it could've been better. here's hoping he gets his first win!
well he be able to do it this season? i fairly hope so!!!
Old 21 Jun 2004, 07:10 (Ref:1010367)   #23
Redlake27
Racer

Redlake27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know that Taku had the second best car on the grid, but I don't think I have seen a driver pull off so many overtaking moves in unlikely places in one race. The BAR seemed to have a lot of wing, as it couldn't pass the likes of Fisichella and Webber on the straight, but his moves on both of them on the infield were inspired.

I don't mind if Taku has the odd scrape, I think we have the next Alesi or Villeneuve*.

* = That's G.Villeneuve, not the lite version.
Old 21 Jun 2004, 07:26 (Ref:1010373)   #24
golem
Veteran

golem should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And people wondered why sato-san and I liked him.

I hope BAR has the cars to match the reds for a while. Michael will most probably win more because he's consistant and Button will get more points. But I'm looking forward to seeing Schuey and Sato. Schu will know Sato will go him at any moment. Sato will know there's no way in hell that red car will leave him anything other than the narrowist of gaps.

Could be fun watching.
Gawky supermodels may look stunning in the right clothes, on the right catwalk, in the right city, but in an M&S jumper, on a crowded street, on a wet Wednesday afternoon, only classic good looks will catch the eye. - Ian Eveleigh.
Old 21 Jun 2004, 07:34 (Ref:1010380)   #25
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Just remember. One Swallow does not a summer make.