Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 11 Sep 2019, 22:44 (Ref:3927492)   #1026
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
It kind of feels like "We're going to be last regardless, why bother spending more money in 2019 to be slightly less last"
Old 12 Sep 2019, 00:26 (Ref:3927504)   #1027
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Are the Williams new parts meant as upgrades, or replacement of parts beyond their useful lives?

The reported loss just recently suggests money may not be abundant at Grove..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 12 Sep 2019, 03:05 (Ref:3927515)   #1028
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The loss mentioned above...

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14...wing-poor-2018

Are they hanging on until 2021 with the expectations that the new financial structure will greatly benefit them? Anyone expect them to move up the grid at all in 2020? Sadly, I just dont see that happening.

Richard
Old 12 Sep 2019, 06:31 (Ref:3927518)   #1029
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
The loss mentioned above...

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14...wing-poor-2018

Are they hanging on until 2021 with the expectations that the new financial structure will greatly benefit them? Anyone expect them to move up the grid at all in 2020? Sadly, I just dont see that happening.

Richard
Accounting losses actually dont mean a lot to anyone except people who lend money.. and of course the sharemarkets... cashflow is more important but it doesnt seem to be being shared..
Old 12 Sep 2019, 10:55 (Ref:3927536)   #1030
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Accounting losses actually dont mean a lot to anyone except people who lend money.. and of course the sharemarkets... cashflow is more important but it doesnt seem to be being shared..
This isn't my area of expertise, and understand your comment about cash flow. But they are bringing in less money compared to this time last year. They are likely feeling the pinch.

Richard
Old 12 Sep 2019, 19:35 (Ref:3927612)   #1031
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
This isn't my area of expertise, and understand your comment about cash flow. But they are bringing in less money compared to this time last year. They are likely feeling the pinch.

Richard
Yes Richard, but looking at ALL Williams Companies/Holdings etc etc.. they are very solvent. Yes.. in the UK, money gets "moved" to accounts for tax not payable etc. They're fine..
I find it weird that people some quote on here about stuff financially they no nothing about.. or even remark "he can't afford that". How do they know? Perhaps I'm missing something..the UK is unique in its profit/loss system of shifting money around. Ask Jacob Rees Mogg!!
Old 13 Sep 2019, 19:42 (Ref:3927778)   #1032
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Williams and Mercedes have agreed to an extension on the engine deal, until 2025. That's got to be good news.

http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/145961
Old 14 Sep 2019, 01:44 (Ref:3927828)   #1033
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd suggest that they realise they aren't going to do much this year and might as well just focus on next year. Russell is in his rookie year and Kubica is not the old Kubica. Next year they'll have a better car and a different teammate for George.
Old 14 Sep 2019, 08:28 (Ref:3927863)   #1034
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Glad to see Merc giving them an extension. Just what they need if they are to have any chance of survival.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Latifi replace Kubica for 2020
Old 14 Sep 2019, 08:31 (Ref:3927865)   #1035
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Williams and Mercedes have agreed to an extension on the engine deal, until 2025. That's got to be good news.

http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/145961
...and WilliamsF1 will continue to build their own transmissions Here

Old 14 Sep 2019, 11:59 (Ref:3927898)   #1036
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
...and WilliamsF1 will continue to build their own transmissions Here

Based on the original blueprints drawn by Ettore Bugatti on which the copyright has expired no doubt. Why why why????
Old 14 Sep 2019, 13:47 (Ref:3927911)   #1037
Richard C
Veteran

I agree it doesn't make sense, but I expect the argument is that the proposal to move to a standard gearbox cassette was ditched earlier this year. So while they struggle to produce aero bits, they feel the need to devote budget on design, testing and construction of gearboxes.

I expect the the standard cassette idea was ditched as some teams feel they have some serious secret sauce stuff going on that differentiates them from their peers. Or are doing something different in the gearbox (that wouldn't be replicated in a standard unit) that works in conjunction with the engine in a unique way.

Do I think Williams is in this category? I doubt it. So like others, it continues to look dumb to me. Clearly Williams are great at making technical decisions! The proof is in the pudding!

Richard
Old 14 Sep 2019, 20:35 (Ref:3927975)   #1038
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
The proof is in the pudding!

Richard
No it's not. It's in the eating.

The phrase is "the proof of the pudding is in the eating," meaning that no matter how good something looks it's the taste that decides whether it's good or not.

Sorry. Hobby horse of mine. Back to Williams's plans

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 14 Sep 2019, 20:42 (Ref:3927977)   #1039
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
As I said earlier.. dig deep into the accounts. Williams are great as a Group financially.... Paddy did not help.. nor Mr Smedley...Both overgrown their tenure in F!..
Old 14 Sep 2019, 22:53 (Ref:3927995)   #1040
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
No it's not. It's in the eating.
Well, that is what I get for trying to use what I believe is a predominately UK idiom. I will try again, but this time using something a bit more natural for me...

Williams is still doing their own gearbox? Well bless their heart!

Richard
Old 15 Sep 2019, 00:01 (Ref:3928008)   #1041
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Well, that is what I get for trying to use what I believe is a predominately UK idiom. I will try again, but this time using something a bit more natural for me...

Williams is still doing their own gearbox? Well bless their heart!

Richard
Or perhaps another:

"None so blind as those who will not see!"
Old 15 Sep 2019, 00:04 (Ref:3928009)   #1042
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
As I said earlier.. dig deep into the accounts. Williams are great as a Group financially.... Paddy did not help.. nor Mr Smedley...Both overgrown their tenure in F!..
I am sure that neither Paddy or Rob helped Williams' financial position, both were trying to build better racing cars whilst the rest of the management group was apparently trying to spend as little as possible on F1.
Old 16 Sep 2019, 19:09 (Ref:3928390)   #1043
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
They were hired for their skills, but now they have to find others to help them. But the financial situation of the team isn’t all Williams’ fault
Old 20 Sep 2019, 00:00 (Ref:3928994)   #1044
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Kubica will quit Williams at the end of the season, so who will get the seat in 2020?

https://racer.com/2019/09/19/kubica-...eave-williams/
Old 20 Sep 2019, 02:43 (Ref:3929011)   #1045
djr81
Racer

djr81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Kubica will quit Williams at the end of the season, so who will get the seat in 2020?

https://racer.com/2019/09/19/kubica-...eave-williams/
You would hope Hulkenberg, but probably will be a pay driver you've not yet heard of.
Old 20 Sep 2019, 07:20 (Ref:3929025)   #1046
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by djr81 View Post
You would hope Hulkenberg, but probably will be a pay driver you've not yet heard of.
I think we’ve known all year that 2020 would be Latifi - the Canadian richer than Stroll and with about the same level of talent.
Old 20 Sep 2019, 07:56 (Ref:3929028)   #1047
S griffin
Veteran

Shame for Kubica that it has to end this way, but he just doesn't seem to have the physical capability anymore. At least he got a point though. I can see Latifi getting his big chance now
Old 20 Sep 2019, 08:47 (Ref:3929040)   #1048
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:

Richard
Financial Report

Interesting to crank up the borrowings to keep the dream alive..
Old 23 Sep 2019, 15:07 (Ref:3929667)   #1049
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Shame for Kubica that it has to end this way, but he just doesn't seem to have the physical capability anymore. At least he got a point though. I can see Latifi getting his big chance now
I read an article somewhere that if Kubica returned to F1 he would have to forgo a massive insurance payout. Clearly the desire burnt inside him, what a shame he got a Lowe Sh*tbox
Old 23 Sep 2019, 16:04 (Ref:3929684)   #1050
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Be honest, if the car hadn't been a shitbox he'd have been a long way down the queue of drivers.

They needed each other.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk