Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Jan 2019, 22:13 (Ref:3876166)   #16
SnoodyMcFlude
Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
United Kingdom
Posts: 87
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pozi View Post
I think it is just their website being rubbish because it is mentioned on their Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pg/LyddenHi...ircuit/events/
And have also reposted Oliver Bennett:

"ĎIfí I was to race in the Lydden Hill Race Circuit Global Rallycross Europe event which car would you want to see me in...

MINI vs Fiesta "
SnoodyMcFlude is offline  
Quote
Old 14 Jan 2019, 22:17 (Ref:3876171)   #17
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran
 
FIRE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Netherlands
Posts: 16,836
FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!
Round 1&2 Dreux
Round 3&4 Lydden Hill
Round 5&6 Montalegre
Round 7&8 Fuglau, MJP Arena
Round 9&10 Nyiard
Grand Final Estering
Every round will be broadcasted on Eurosport
FIRE is offline  
Quote
Old 21 Jan 2019, 11:15 (Ref:3877494)   #18
tbtstt
Veteran
 
tbtstt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Posts: 3,166
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dates for the full calendar:

tbtstt is offline  
Quote
Old 21 Jan 2019, 12:37 (Ref:3877513)   #19
SnoodyMcFlude
Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
United Kingdom
Posts: 87
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Didn't realise Pucher had his own track. By the looks of google maps it'll need some work to take many spectators though.

Interesting (although not surprising) that he's picked up on the venues that have been dropped by the FIA championship.
SnoodyMcFlude is offline  
Quote
Old 21 Jan 2019, 13:43 (Ref:3877520)   #20
crossfades
Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Sweden
Posts: 797
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoodyMcFlude View Post
Didn't realise Pucher had his own track. By the looks of google maps it'll need some work to take many spectators though.

Interesting (although not surprising) that he's picked up on the venues that have been dropped by the FIA championship.
Fuglau, been around for many years and Pucher bought it. It's a very small track.

https://www.facebook.com/globalrally...5689639355641/

Pucher wants to build the series on the things WRX has lost or doesn't have and he has an own vision of how he thinks rallycross should be.

Low costs, traditional tracks and equal terms for all the drivers is kinda the base mark. For example; instead of time, points will be awarded based on position and Supercars will have a weight distribution system similar to that in TCR or other racing championships.
crossfades is online now  
Quote
Old 22 Jan 2019, 08:38 (Ref:3877643)   #21
silver bullet
Race Official
RallyCross Legend and Scourge of Top Gear Presenters
Veteran
 
silver bullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
United Kingdom
Posts: 1,853
silver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfades View Post
Pucher wants to build the series on the things WRX has lost or doesn't have and he has an own vision of how he thinks rallycross should be.

Low costs, traditional tracks and equal terms for all the drivers is kinda the base mark. For example; instead of time, points will be awarded based on position and Supercars will have a weight distribution system similar to that in TCR or other racing championships.
Surely he can't alter the time thing. Rallycross is a speed event and timing is and has been the core of qualifying since the beginning. Moving from overall times to points for race position would change the classification of the sport from 'Speed' to 'Race'
silver bullet is offline  
__________________
Rallycross - The Best Motorsport In The World.
Quote
Old 22 Jan 2019, 10:36 (Ref:3877658)   #22
crossfades
Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Sweden
Posts: 797
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver bullet View Post
Surely he can't alter the time thing. Rallycross is a speed event and timing is and has been the core of qualifying since the beginning. Moving from overall times to points for race position would change the classification of the sport from 'Speed' to 'Race'
I was somewhat wrong, I went back and checked the press conference from the launch of the series.

"You get more points for winning the race than just having the fastest time ... The main reason we do that is because of the lottery going on with the weather, with the race track changing, with the watering and other issues. Here, we believe that the most important thing is that you win the race ... There is some points for time also but this is really the key element and one of the most important changes."

About 33:00 min in. https://www.facebook.com/globalrally...6180917033612/

Last edited by crossfades; 22 Jan 2019 at 10:46.
crossfades is online now  
Quote
Old 22 Jan 2019, 14:12 (Ref:3877702)   #23
SnoodyMcFlude
Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
United Kingdom
Posts: 87
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfades View Post
"You get more points for winning the race than just having the fastest time ... The main reason we do that is because of the lottery going on with the weather, with the race track changing, with the watering and other issues. Here, we believe that the most important thing is that you win the race ... There is some points for time also but this is really the key element and one of the most important changes."
This seems sensible to me, to a degree. A 'bonus point' type option for winning the heat helps to negate those times that we see tracks get faster as they dry out, which means that those who go quick in Q1 benefit throughout the event. They need to get the balance right though.
SnoodyMcFlude is offline  
Quote
Old 31 Jan 2019, 11:25 (Ref:3880857)   #24
crossfades
Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Sweden
Posts: 797
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hayden Paddon (!) will do the entire series in the Pantera class.

https://www.facebook.com/haydenpaddo...type=3&theater
crossfades is online now  
Quote
Old 6 Mar 2019, 13:10 (Ref:3888641)   #25
schanche
Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 949
schanche should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfades View Post
The Hansens will compete in GRC Europe this season.

https://parcferme.no/rallycross/hans...m7ll0LIg_1ZiuI
Right so whatís happening now?
Potentially a bloody big let down and false hope if this isnít to happen and why would you state you are to compete and then switch Bloody Crazy not a good start!
schanche is offline  
Quote
Old 6 Mar 2019, 13:20 (Ref:3888644)   #26
crossfades
Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Sweden
Posts: 797
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by schanche View Post
Right so whatís happening now?
Potentially a bloody big let down and false hope if this isnít to happen and why would you state you are to compete and then switch Bloody Crazy not a good start!
No races clash so they can compete in both championships, they haven't switched. Besides, MJP is also a part of their WRX assault.
crossfades is online now  
Quote
Old 6 Mar 2019, 14:00 (Ref:3888662)   #27
mivec
Racer
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Belgium
Belgium
Posts: 369
mivec should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They drive the 2 series!
mivec is online now  
Quote
Old 6 Mar 2019, 15:12 (Ref:3888690)   #28
schanche
Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 949
schanche should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mivec View Post
They drive the 2 series!
According to Pucher,I asked the question yes two series for Hansen's
Although if they explained that there would be less confusion to normal folk like me and others.
schanche is offline  
Quote
Reply

Bookmarks




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Global Rallycross? tbtstt Rallying & Rallycross 63 13 Aug 2011 17:54
Global rallycross on espn Stephen H Rallying & Rallycross 54 6 Jul 2011 23:58
Does this mean Rallycross just went truly global? I Rosputnik Rallying & Rallycross 4 19 May 2011 15:46


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT. The time now is 21:37.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Original Website Copyright © 1998-2003 Craig Antil. All Rights Reserved.
Ten-Tenths Motorsport Forums Copyright © 2004-2018 Royalridge Computing. All Rights Reserved.