Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 19 Jun 2019, 10:08 (Ref:3912839)   #26
TR4racer
Racer

United Kingdom
London
TR4racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
I don't think Mark is enjoying his time in Btcc, look how he was at the first round compared to any time you see him on TV now, he was like the excited kid before reality bit him. I think he is going to see the year out for his sponsors but if he has any sense as a driver manager, he would now be pushing HP to look at Jake Hill for 2020
Is he Hill's manager?
Old 19 Jun 2019, 10:53 (Ref:3912843)   #27
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR4racer View Post
Is he Hill's manager?
I think Jake is represented by his father Simon - however if an opportunity arose with MB Partnerships to secure more stable funding, it would not be a surprise at all to see a link developed.

MBPartners: 'We can negotiate and execute contracts, provide insight into all aspects of their sport, and take care of all duties from administrative to PR to commercial, so all they need to focus on is their talent. We focus on creating and maximising every opportunity.'
Old 19 Jun 2019, 11:14 (Ref:3912850)   #28
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR4racer View Post
Is he Hill's manager?
No but I strongly suspect part of his racing return was to do some prospecting among the crop of young drivers on the grid to tie deals up if he can and offer experience to.
I think Jakes dad manages him but I'm sure for a talent like that to have Mark offer to take under his wing with a global brand to back him could please all parties.

Im sure Simon knows his stuff, but I'm not sure Jake would have got into the mess he did leaving Team Hard with proper management and guidence
Old 19 Jun 2019, 14:38 (Ref:3912888)   #29
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
The fact that HMS were in the paddock at Thruxton and are to take part in the mid season test suggests they are going to try and make a comeback in 2020. I guess they feel there is more to come from that Alfa if they plan to continue using it
Old 19 Jun 2019, 17:38 (Ref:3912933)   #30
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
The fact that HMS were in the paddock at Thruxton and are to take part in the mid season test suggests they are going to try and make a comeback in 2020. I guess they feel there is more to come from that Alfa if they plan to continue using it
Ah yes I forgot that, I do wonder if the test goes really well and they are top 10 Alan Gow will grant a guest entry to them for the last half of the year.
Tho I'm expecting Stewart Lines to offer the same for his TCT/Tcr thing to get the numbers up
Old 19 Jun 2019, 19:57 (Ref:3912965)   #31
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
No but I strongly suspect part of his racing return was to do some prospecting among the crop of young drivers on the grid to tie deals up if he can and offer experience to.
I think Jakes dad manages him but I'm sure for a talent like that to have Mark offer to take under his wing with a global brand to back him could please all parties.

Im sure Simon knows his stuff, but I'm not sure Jake would have got into the mess he did leaving Team Hard with proper management and guidence
Simon looks after the commercial side of things for Jake & Jake looks after his own interests in the other areas. I’m sure they’d be happy to see what MB Partners might have to offer. Mark has been very complimentary about Jake, not only his natural talent but his professionalism and sponsor/pr abilities.
Old 19 Jun 2019, 20:56 (Ref:3912973)   #32
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiiiiiiim View Post
Simon looks after the commercial side of things for Jake & Jake looks after his own interests in the other areas. I’m sure they’d be happy to see what MB Partners might have to offer. Mark has been very complimentary about Jake, not only his natural talent but his professionalism and sponsor/pr abilities.
But equally MB Partners will be very keen to take 15% too...
Old 19 Jun 2019, 21:34 (Ref:3912978)   #33
Overboost
Racer

Overboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOverboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
But equally MB Partners will be very keen to take 15% too...
But if they bring in more backers for Jake I'm are they'd be happy to let MB Partners take their cut, instead of having to work their backsides off finding the budget throughout the year.
Old 20 Jun 2019, 10:02 (Ref:3913046)   #34
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Ah yes I forgot that, I do wonder if the test goes really well and they are top 10 Alan Gow will grant a guest entry to them for the last half of the year.

Tho I'm expecting Stewart Lines to offer the same for his TCT/Tcr thing to get the numbers up

That would be awesome if they were given an entry after the summer break, would be great to have them back. Although I’m not sure how keen Gow would be on that. We can hope, I see no harm in it
Old 20 Jun 2019, 10:26 (Ref:3913051)   #35
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
That would be awesome if they were given an entry after the summer break, would be great to have them back. Although I’m not sure how keen Gow would be on that. We can hope, I see no harm in it
He wants full season, professional, well-run outfits. How would they fit into that?
Old 20 Jun 2019, 10:34 (Ref:3913055)   #36
S griffin
Veteran

Well Handy have won in the championship, as has Rob Austin, so that shouldn’t be too much of a problem if that was the case
Old 20 Jun 2019, 11:00 (Ref:3913059)   #37
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Remember that HMS still hold a TBL, so if they want back in for 2020 and have everything in place their entry is secured.
Old 20 Jun 2019, 11:06 (Ref:3913060)   #38
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
HMS already have one entry in the TCT, and have their Avensis lined up for a second driver if someone comes forward. I wouldn't have thought they intend to run the Alfa there as well.
Old 20 Jun 2019, 12:54 (Ref:3913082)   #39
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Remember that HMS still hold a TBL, so if they want back in for 2020 and have everything in place their entry is secured.
Not so sure it is so guaranteed as that. Maybe so, but non-participation means it could be taken back. Up to AG.
Old 20 Jun 2019, 12:59 (Ref:3913084)   #40
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Not so sure it is so guaranteed as that. Maybe so, but non-participation means it could be taken back. Up to AG.
Mr Gow approved the season-long loan to Motorbase. If he was going to view the non-participation as a reason to take it back, why allow the loan?

The official BTCC publications state:
'The TOCA BTCC Licence (TBL) forms part of the entry requirement process. It is a tangible asset that may – with TOCA approval – be sold, gifted, leased, assigned or loaned between teams. The concept recognises the commitment of existing teams with security of participation and manages the championship’s high popularity.'

Maybe guarantee is considered too strong a word - but holding a TBL gives a security of participation.
Old 20 Jun 2019, 14:37 (Ref:3913107)   #41
peebee2
Veteran

Thanks, good points.
Old 20 Jun 2019, 15:11 (Ref:3913119)   #42
S griffin
Veteran

I think there is a fair chance they will be back in the non too distance future then
Old 20 Jun 2019, 16:15 (Ref:3913136)   #43
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Official btcc forum which is still broken shows an article where HMS want to return with 2 cars
Old 20 Jun 2019, 16:24 (Ref:3913141)   #44
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
He wants full season, professional, well-run outfits. How would they fit into that?
Tbh it was a bit tongue in cheek but I suppose a guest entry non points scoring for a team which has run mid grid many years with a fan favorite race winning driver and a TBL to be on the grid next season already might not be the hardest sell in the world. He's allowed them to the mid season test and they had massive presence at Thruxton already, they did him av favor at the test last year letting AG sample the car and it might be a way to help them get sponsors to ensure they meet TBL requirement in 2020
This isn't some chancer arriving with an old avensis, no real credentials or plan.

I'm intreagued tho as I think there's something else that stopped them turning out in 2019, the story on them wanting to be running 2 cars is not what I was expecting even if an early day rumor... It will be even stranger if they now have nothing

Last edited by btccbloke; 20 Jun 2019 at 16:30.
Old 20 Jun 2019, 17:01 (Ref:3913145)   #45
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Official btcc forum which is still broken shows an article where HMS want to return with 2 cars
Not really an article, just some random poster making claims with no source to back them up. This link is to an image - https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1...922/AYh15c.jpg

The car on the left is clearly a show car
Old 20 Jun 2019, 17:29 (Ref:3913149)   #46
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Not really an article, just some random poster making claims with no source to back them up. This link is to an image - https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1...922/AYh15c.jpg

Oh lord, some of the posters on there!

Definitely only one race-ready car in that picture. Would love to see a 2 car team, but can't see it happening if they couldn't make it this year with 1 - especially as all Northgate branding has gone which was a major sponsor last year.

Last edited by Evantra; 20 Jun 2019 at 17:35.
Old 20 Jun 2019, 20:10 (Ref:3913172)   #47
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post

Your right no source mentioned and looking closer than I had, there is no spoiler on the left and certain differences in the body
Old 20 Jun 2019, 20:58 (Ref:3913182)   #48
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Your right no source mentioned and looking closer than I had, there is no spoiler on the left and certain differences in the body
The one on the left is the demo car that HMS used when they announced they were running an Alfa. The one on the right is the full build that they raced.

Another view of the left car (from the announcement) shows the lack of holes cut into the bumper for towing points, and a lack of bonnet vents. There are a few other more discrete differences too if you look close enough.

Old 28 Jun 2019, 07:06 (Ref:3914560)   #49
mattcanary
Racer

mattcanary should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Marriott View Post
Rounds 1-3 28/29 March Donington Park (National)
Rounds 4-6 11/12 April Brands Hatch (Indy)
Rounds 7-9 25/26 April Silverstone (National)
Rounds 10-12 16/17 May Thruxton
Rounds 13-15 13/14 June Oulton Park (Island)
Rounds 16-18 25/26 July Snetterton (300)
Rounds 19-21 15/16 August Croft
Rounds 22-24 29/30 August Knockhill
Rounds 25-27 26/27 September Silverstone (International)
Rounds 28-30 10/11 October Brands Hatch (Grand Prix)

That’s more like it. Big changes from this year, I think Donington will be a better first round, I’m not a fan of Brands Indy anyway.

Glad there’s not two Thruxton rounds and I’m very happy it’s Silverstone joining the calendar as it’s a totally different circuit.
Too many rounds in the spring for my liking when it is likely to be cold. Not enough in the summer.

Donington in March promises to be cold, cold, cold.
Donington always seems to be cold even in the middle of April.

Why only one round in May and June, whilst there are three mettings in March/APril? Doesn;t make sense to me.

I assume it is because next year there are the Euros in the summer, and Alan Gow thinks that will put people off attending/watching the BTCC in the middle of summer. However, I have said it many times and I will say it again - circuit racing to me is a summer sport.

Last edited by mattcanary; 28 Jun 2019 at 07:12.
Old 28 Jun 2019, 08:04 (Ref:3914567)   #50
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattcanary View Post
I assume it is because next year there are the Euros in the summer, and Alan Gow thinks that will put people off attending/watching the BTCC in the middle of summer. However, I have said it many times and I will say it again - circuit racing to me is a summer sport.
no. he explained that itv have commitments for euros and tour de france in June and July and dont have enough broadcasting time available in those months

no point putting btcc events on that cant be televised live!