Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 24 Feb 2020, 16:04 (Ref:3959590)   #571
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, that was the point.
In the current circumstances, we need to do all we can to help local businesses. With this in mind I suggest we all schedule our visits to the pub so we can keep the 2m social distancing and whilst there get completely slamied for two hours before handing over to the next shift.

It probably won't stop the virus but nobody would care.
Old 24 Feb 2020, 19:01 (Ref:3959614)   #572
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Yes, that was the point.
?? Sorry you've lost me ! They don't use animals.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 24 Feb 2020, 19:29 (Ref:3959620)   #573
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Indeed they don't.
Old 24 Feb 2020, 19:39 (Ref:3959621)   #574
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Sorry Gordon. My sense of humour sometimes confuses people. The point being there are no animals so you can't complain at the way they treat the elephants.
Old 24 Feb 2020, 20:27 (Ref:3959630)   #575
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Sorry Gordon. My sense of humour sometimes confuses people. The point being there are no animals so you can't complain at the way they treat the elephants.
Ok mate, however would you go on the trains and buses and into the Albert Hall in the next few days ?
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 24 Feb 2020, 20:45 (Ref:3959633)   #576
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Well, as long as you're healthy it sounds to be relatively low risk. But that said, you can always see them another time.
Old 24 Feb 2020, 21:24 (Ref:3959652)   #577
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Well, as long as you're healthy it sounds to be relatively low risk. But that said, you can always see them another time.
The main problem is that Sue caught flu at the end of January in Spain and was in bed for 4 days, we then flew home and she was in bed for more days and still isn't at her best at the moment. None of us are getting any younger and it makes you think what can happen.
Old 24 Feb 2020, 21:52 (Ref:3959659)   #578
Gerard C
Veteran

Wallis & Futuna
Paris area
Gerard C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
May be you should stay away from living animals -elephants, koalas, etc…- and, important too, away from other people… Well, that's what we do here. Wish you a prompt recovery.
Old 24 Feb 2020, 23:57 (Ref:3959678)   #579
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
The main problem is that Sue caught flu at the end of January in Spain and was in bed for 4 days, we then flew home and she was in bed for more days and still isn't at her best at the moment. None of us are getting any younger and it makes you think what can happen.

On that basis I would be disinclined to go anywhere near London unless unavoidable with or without the current concerns about COVID-19.
Old 25 Feb 2020, 06:08 (Ref:3959704)   #580
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
I escaped hospital last Friday just as the place was virtually locked down due to Norovirus. Only way to be completely safe is to find a desert island somewhere....

Mate sent me this ad for a ‘Lotus 20’ coming up for auction. https://www.classiccarsforsale.co.uk/lotus/20/333259

Not like any of that type I’ve seen before!
Old 25 Feb 2020, 08:09 (Ref:3959713)   #581
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What's the engine in it? Looks like an Offenhauser.
Old 25 Feb 2020, 08:35 (Ref:3959717)   #582
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
I escaped hospital last Friday just as the place was virtually locked down due to Norovirus. Only way to be completely safe is to find a desert island somewhere....

Click image for larger version

Name:	Gordon Cave.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	198.4 KB
ID:	57614
I think I'll stop indoors for the next month !
Old 25 Feb 2020, 09:29 (Ref:3959723)   #583
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post

Mate sent me this ad for a ‘Lotus 20’ coming up for auction. https://www.classiccarsforsale.co.uk/lotus/20/333259

Not like any of that type I’ve seen before!

RM's own pre-auction info lists it as a 1961 Epperly Indy car.
Old 25 Feb 2020, 10:28 (Ref:3959735)   #584
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
More like it, and yes- looks like Offy engine.....
Old 25 Feb 2020, 10:31 (Ref:3959736)   #585
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
It ran in this guise at indy in 1962, in 1961 Bobby Marshman ran as 31, not sure if that was the same car though.