Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 3 Apr 2020, 00:07 (Ref:3968331)   #1101
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Many thanks for your wishes guys.
Good news re my internet is that a courier arrived this morning with a new modem for me.... I have installed it and although I still only have the emergency back up wi-fi service it is now a mighty 3mb/s so I can actually watch videos albeit with a bit of buffering. Still no landline but two weeks time I should be back to 50mb/s and have a landline, so I can be back to as good as it gets here for internet speed. (we still languish behind Azerbaijan and obscure places in terms of internet speed, not making the top 60 in the world.
Any way, back to unpacking boxes, hanging pictures and other post moving stuff.
Old 3 Apr 2020, 01:03 (Ref:3968333)   #1102
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Many thanks for your wishes guys.
Good news re my internet is that a courier arrived this morning with a new modem for me.... I have installed it and although I still only have the emergency back up wi-fi service it is now a mighty 3mb/s so I can actually watch videos albeit with a bit of buffering. Still no landline but two weeks time I should be back to 50mb/s and have a landline, so I can be back to as good as it gets here for internet speed. (we still languish behind Azerbaijan and obscure places in terms of internet speed, not making the top 60 in the world.
Any way, back to unpacking boxes, hanging pictures and other post moving stuff.

If you are struggling, try my mates at https://marchnet.com.au/leadership-team/ - Mike the CEO is a guy I competed with on Le Jog, and a seriously good chap!
Old 3 Apr 2020, 05:43 (Ref:3968348)   #1103
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
If you are struggling, try my mates at https://marchnet.com.au/leadership-team/ - Mike the CEO is a guy I competed with on Le Jog, and a seriously good chap!
Crumbs Lanky what you doing up at 2 am .
Old 3 Apr 2020, 10:05 (Ref:3968363)   #1104
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Lovely shot, Gordon. Snetterton?
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 3 Apr 2020, 14:16 (Ref:3968411)   #1105
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Lovely shot, Gordon. Snetterton?
If you go to bauble's thread, page 126 post #1882 pic 5 I think its the same car and driver flying…
Old 3 Apr 2020, 14:38 (Ref:3968416)   #1106
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, they said locking us all up would lead to a baby boom, but who would have thought that Bernie would be leading the way at the age of 89!
Old 3 Apr 2020, 14:41 (Ref:3968419)   #1107
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Well, they said locking us all up would lead to a baby boom, but who would have thought that Bernie would be leading the way at the age of 89!
Jeepers, That must be a record.
Old 3 Apr 2020, 15:40 (Ref:3968435)   #1108
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Crumbs Lanky what you doing up at 2 am .

Never been one for early mornings, Iain.....much more of a night owl - very rare we retire much earlier than 1-2am.....

Getting up for signing on at race meetings for 7.30am can be a bit difficult
Old 3 Apr 2020, 15:50 (Ref:3968438)   #1109
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I publish this from the F1 forum within these pages in case you don't get there. Credit to Sizzle

Reminds me of that joke:

An 89 year old man was having his annual checkup and the doctor asked him how he was feeling. "I've never been better!" he boasted. "I've got an eighteen year old bride who's pregnant and having my child! What do you think about that?"

The doctor considered this for a moment, then said, "Let me tell you a story. I knew a guy who was an avid hunter. He never missed a season.

But one day went out in a bit of a hurry and he accidentally grabbed his umbrella instead of his gun."

The doctor continued, "So he was in the woods and suddenly a grizzly bear appeared in front of him! He raised up his umbrella, pointed it at the bear and squeezed the handle." "And do you know what happened?" the doctor queried.

Dumbfounded, the old man replied "No."

The doctor continued, "The bear dropped dead in front of him!"

"That's impossible!" exclaimed the old man. "Someone else must have shot that bear."

"That's kind of what I'm getting at..." replied the doctor.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 3 Apr 2020, 16:33 (Ref:3968446)   #1110
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Old 3 Apr 2020, 18:30 (Ref:3968468)   #1111
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
An old man (not me) went to se the doctor.

"What can I do for you? asked the doc.

The man replied; "Me and the wife we don't enjoy sex anymore."

The Doc looked rather surprised and asked; "Well how old are you.?"

"I'm 89 and the wife is 84." He said.

"And when did yo first notice this?"

"Well twice last night, and than again this morning!"

Credit Ronnie Barker.
Old 4 Apr 2020, 05:12 (Ref:3968524)   #1112
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
My point. Exactly…
Old 4 Apr 2020, 08:18 (Ref:3968534)   #1113
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Gone off on your hols yet, Gerard??
Old 4 Apr 2020, 08:53 (Ref:3968536)   #1114
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Yes. Its the weekend gov' spokesman seems nervous, police too and my two dogs really need to go out and play in the woods. So the sooner the better. They are fining as many people as possible, event the périphérique is half closed… I drive to and back, meet nobody but some rabbits and ducks.
Old 4 Apr 2020, 09:52 (Ref:3968540)   #1115
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Yes. Its the weekend gov' spokesman seems nervous, police too and my two dogs really need to go out and play in the woods. So the sooner the better. They are fining as many people as possible, event the périphérique is half closed… I drive to and back, meet nobody but some rabbits and ducks.
DJ Invicta (Dave Pollard) has to fill out a Attestation Déplacement Dérogatoire (I think) every time he goes out and is only allowed out for an hour, is it the same where you are?
Old 4 Apr 2020, 10:14 (Ref:3968542)   #1116
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
DJ Invicta (Dave Pollard) has to fill out a Attestation Déplacement Dérogatoire (I think) every time he goes out and is only allowed out for an hour, is it the same where you are?
It's the same wherever you are - well, that's the theory! Certain Parisiens have managed to sneak off to their second homes in Brittany which hasn't gone down very well with the locals.

The one hour limit is for exercise, obviously that's not practical for shopping etc. For instance, I'm a 20-minute drive from the nearest shops. Having said that, in three weeks I've yet to see a gendarme. One of the joys of living in a small farming village is that life within the village pretty well goes on as normal.
Old 4 Apr 2020, 10:18 (Ref:3968546)   #1117
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Yes Tim, its the same everywhere you are in France, official name is Attestation de Déplacement Dérogatoire. You can download and print it or write one by hand of download it via a smartphone. Seven reasons why you could go out, including for work if can't be done via internet. In principle, jogging or walking a dog is only one hour per day and you have to stay within one kilometer from your home. Some areas are not checked while many others see a lot of police. Living in a large town doesn't help though…

Sorry, John has been faster!
Old 4 Apr 2020, 10:26 (Ref:3968551)   #1118
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
They try to avoid people jogging in tight groups. With a sunny day there are too many imo. Walking my Yorkies in the woods this morning, I almost met nobody and avoided any contact.
They are talking about a better lock down situation mid April. When the word "war" was launched all of a sudden many though about grey market! In some areas you can buy efficient health masks… When our doctors and nurses miss them so much.
Old 4 Apr 2020, 11:08 (Ref:3968563)   #1119
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:

The one hour limit is for exercise, obviously that's not practical for shopping etc. For instance, I'm a 20-minute drive from the nearest shops. Having said that, in three weeks I've yet to see a gendarme. One of the joys of living in a small farming village is that life within the village pretty well goes on as normal.
Dave said it's for driving as well and he is a bit worried as he has to drive 45 minutes to a hospital appointment in a week or so and won't be doing the round trip in an hour. I suggested two forms, one for each direction.
Old 4 Apr 2020, 12:10 (Ref:3968569)   #1120
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Tim, I dont think Dave has to be worried about the one hour only thing. The two limits, one kilometer from home and one hour max per day are for sport and dog walks.
Your friend is in case #3, "Consultations et soins ne pouvant être assurés Ã* distance et ne pouvant être différés, consultations et soins des patients atteints d'une affection de longue durée". In this case at least, absolutely no limit neither in time nor in mileage.
It can be done on the same form one per visit, one per week in this case. If your friend Dave needs help in french, dont hesitate a single second. Me or, better, John will help in comprehension. Please feel free.
Old 4 Apr 2020, 12:12 (Ref:3968572)   #1121
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
What Dave can do is to fill another form for other "activities". They are not recorded, unless you use a smartphone. I use the same one for food and dog walk, put the purpose, date and hour each time using it like a hand Kienzle used in the trucks. Hope I'm clear here…
Old 4 Apr 2020, 12:21 (Ref:3968574)   #1122
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Tim, I dont think Dave has to be worried about the one hour only thing. The two limits, one kilometer from home and one hour max per day are for sport and dog walks.
Your friend is in case #3, "Consultations et soins ne pouvant être assurés Ã* distance et ne pouvant être différés, consultations et soins des patients atteints d'une affection de longue durée". In this case at least, absolutely no limit neither in time nor in mileage.
It can be done on the same form one per visit, one per week in this case. If your friend Dave needs help in french, dont hesitate a single second. Me or, better, John will help in comprehension. Please feel free.
Many thanks for that Gerard, he's lived in france for a while now so think his French is getting there, he watches a lot of Allo Allo But seriously his wife is fluent now and he can get by OK.
He'll probably see this anyway and comment, or tell me to mind my own business.
Old 4 Apr 2020, 12:22 (Ref:3968575)   #1123
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Spare a thought for our Dr Bob, " he got hit by a kangaroo yesterday."
Old 4 Apr 2020, 12:25 (Ref:3968576)   #1124
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

Was the Kangaroo annoyed about something?

Could be worse perhaps?

Best to avoid queues for bread in France. Allegedly.
Old 4 Apr 2020, 12:26 (Ref:3968578)   #1125
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Ouch!