Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 Mar 2014, 01:06 (Ref:3376359)   #326
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
The concern about Webber's view on Vettel seams to be more our problem than his.
He's cool with it, it's others who can't cope with it. People with no lives.
You put it better than I did

Selby
Old 8 Mar 2014, 07:03 (Ref:3376399)   #327
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
The concern about Webber's view on Vettel seams to be more our problem than his.
+1
Old 9 Mar 2014, 13:37 (Ref:3376702)   #328
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Once free from the maelstrom and committed to other projects, it's not that difficult to be objective really and I'm sure Webber will manage it.

Although I'd be disappointed if there wasn't plenty of banter mind you.
Old 9 Mar 2014, 18:58 (Ref:3376790)   #329
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post

It worked on Top Gear for a while I suppose. In 2002.
It still works on Top Gear, but thats about the only show it does work on.
Old 9 Mar 2014, 19:45 (Ref:3376806)   #330
henners88
Veteran

Wales
henners88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
uk f1 tv coverage - sky & bbc

Top Gear hasn't worked as a concept for years IMO. It's hugely popular abroad but sadly stale as a once popular show here. It's on tonight, and I fallen out of love with it and only usually watch it if something else isn't worth watching. It doesn't get the discussion it once had either which is why Clarkson has to be controversial every now and then to get the show in the papers. There's nothing wrong with banter between presenters and it worked well with Jake, DC, EJ and Brundle, however people get quickly fed up of it and the perfect example of that is Top Gear. Lazenby has always struck me as a fan of Richard Hammond with his presenting style too.
Old 9 Mar 2014, 20:09 (Ref:3376811)   #331
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
My expectations obviously aren't as high

Family of the fella i work with were in the audience for one of the shows this season after being on the waiting list for 5 years, but maybe it is losing its popularity as there used to be a 14 year list.
Old 9 Mar 2014, 21:17 (Ref:3376829)   #332
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Does anyone know whether the Australian GP will be shown on BBC online?
The BBC site says:
Melbourne, 14-16 March, live on BBC Radio 5 live and online. Highlights on BBC TV

I assume that means it's commentary only online and Sky for the race itself?
Old 9 Mar 2014, 21:54 (Ref:3376839)   #333
Mr V
Veteran

England
Yep, Australia is one of the races that nasty Sky F1 is showing exclusively live.
Old 10 Mar 2014, 00:04 (Ref:3376880)   #334
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
Yep, Australia is one of the races that nasty Sky F1 is showing exclusively live.
There's nothing like home, is there Rupert.
Old 10 Mar 2014, 08:02 (Ref:3376972)   #335
henners88
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
I can handle nasty Sky having this one as I have no intention of getting up that early anyway. The BBC will have highlights by lunch time so it'll be as good as live due to the time of day for me. It'll probably be one of the only races this season I will watch during the day so I'll try and enjoy it as a live event.
Old 10 Mar 2014, 12:03 (Ref:3377047)   #336
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
It still works on Top Gear, but thats about the only show it does work on.
It used to work as they did actually interact with the crowd. Not in a matey 'banter' way but actually bullying them.

Now they are just a background to the show, standing there clapping and cheering when instructed to by the floor manager.

Off topic, but I can't help but notice a worrying obsession with the armed forces ("our brave boys" as they are increasingly known) creeping into Top Gear as well. It is literally every episode these days. I sincerely hope Sky F1 doesn't attempt to copy that as well...
Old 10 Mar 2014, 20:36 (Ref:3377182)   #337
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
He'd be pretty sad if he resorted to that in public...
Only for people with absolutely no sense of humour.

(Edit... how many pages ago was that? Er... carry on. )
Old 10 Mar 2014, 21:37 (Ref:3377220)   #338
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There will be new F1 world Feed graphics this season,

What new info do you want to see, what should have been on last years

I'd Like the Timing Tower to show current Tyres all the time, expanding every now and again to show the tyre usage through the race.
Likewise on picking out a driver, I'd like the graphics to show as standard the Tyre progression including what laps he changed on.
Old 10 Mar 2014, 21:45 (Ref:3377225)   #339
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'd like them to be by the side not in the middle of the screen. Surely we've moved on from 4:3 now.
Old 10 Mar 2014, 22:22 (Ref:3377235)   #340
Tucky
Racer

United Kingdom
Brighton
Tucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Surely we've moved on from 4:3 now.
You're assuming that FOM work on logic
Old 10 Mar 2014, 22:44 (Ref:3377242)   #341
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I'd like them to be by the side not in the middle of the screen. Surely we've moved on from 4:3 now.
They also don't like new fangled stuff like You Tube either.
Old 10 Mar 2014, 22:49 (Ref:3377245)   #342
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
FOM produce a 4:3 and a 16:9 feed with differently placed graphics overlay, it's your local broadcaster that picks it.

Both BBC and Sky take the 16:9 feed.

I'd like to see FOM use picture in picture or some form of split screen in Qually or to cover pitstops in the race... the trouble with those is that they have to be kept 4:3 safe
Old 11 Mar 2014, 00:06 (Ref:3377262)   #343
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This is FOM we are talking about here. Any 'innovations' they introduce this year will already have been used by every other series since 2004.
Old 11 Mar 2014, 00:59 (Ref:3377274)   #344
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
FOM produce a 4:3 and a 16:9 feed with differently placed graphics overlay, it's your local broadcaster that picks it.

Both BBC and Sky take the 16:9 feed.

I'd like to see FOM use picture in picture or some form of split screen in Qually or to cover pitstops in the race... the trouble with those is that they have to be kept 4:3 safe
Why are the graphics not placed at the edge? This would minimise the impact on the actual footage. The 16:9 feed looks 4:3 friendly.
Other than that I like the data that is shown.
Old 11 Mar 2014, 08:04 (Ref:3377337)   #345
henners88
Veteran

Wales
A less cluttered screen would be better IMO. Half the stuff I don't look at anyway.
Old 11 Mar 2014, 12:42 (Ref:3377402)   #346
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
The absolute state of that F1 show then.

A live studio audience with Lazenby and Pinkham, with added laughter at JPM. It was my worst nightmare really.
Yeah what the hell was all that about?
Brundle and Impey were trying to follow up on their joke about him with something serious about his talent etc but got shouted down by the 2 sets of expensive teeth and the Joe Soap brigade!!

"Wur not really a legend then hu hu' Oh no, not on your levels Ponsonby and Pinky!

Brundle was curious. He's often said in the past that he admired Montoya and felt he would be missed yet the other day he laid into him. He is right though, he can get a tad surly!!
Old 11 Mar 2014, 13:25 (Ref:3377412)   #347
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
Quote:
Originally Posted by henners88 View Post
A less cluttered screen would be better IMO. Half the stuff I don't look at anyway.
Less cluttered in what way, for most of the race it's the F1 Dog bottom left with a crawler along the bottom or a tower above the dog.
Old 11 Mar 2014, 13:29 (Ref:3377413)   #348
henners88
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
Less cluttered in what way, for most of the race it's the F1 Dog bottom left with a crawler along the bottom or a tower above the dog.

I can handle the way it is now, I just don't want to see more information creeping in as I find it distracting. We don't need constant live timing, twitter hashtags, and say viewer texts across the bottom of the screen for example. I think as viewers we have the right mix of information on screen, that's all.
Old 11 Mar 2014, 14:26 (Ref:3377424)   #349
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i sort of agree with that but probably for different reasons as an avid sports fan when im watching at home i have access to all that information via my mobile, tablet , and laptop so having it on the screen is redundant. actually following along on twitter, particularly the team feeds, is a great way to enhance enjoyment imo.

if im at the pub for the race (which because of my time zone is only 2-3 races a year) they never play the sound so the more graphics/on screen info the better.

as viewers we all have very different needs so who is to say what the best format is?

personally i would prefer more options like multiple feeds and am fine with having to pay for that choice...which is probably where we differ.
Old 11 Mar 2014, 14:40 (Ref:3377427)   #350
henners88
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
i sort of agree with that but probably for different reasons as an avid sports fan when im watching at home i have access to all that information via my mobile, tablet , and laptop so having it on the screen is redundant. actually following along on twitter, particularly the team feeds, is a great way to enhance enjoyment imo.

if im at the pub for the race (which because of my time zone is only 2-3 races a year) they never play the sound so the more graphics/on screen info the better.

as viewers we all have very different needs so who is to say what the best format is?

personally i would prefer more options like multiple feeds and am fine with having to pay for that choice...which is probably where we differ.
I'm a bit of a lazy fan in comparison and don't need some of the geeky stuff to enjoy the race.

I'm usually in and out of the room trying to do things and keep an eye on races if I'm watching live. I much prefer watching delayed when I have more time to enjoy it properly and by then all the twitter feeds are several hours old and timing screens are useless anyway. It doesn't mean I am any less of a fan, but we have to watch in our own ways. I get all the news I need off the net during the week so the build up program is a skip through job mostly, and I feel if I had my iPad by the side of me I would just be looking at that too often. I stopped using live chat during races because I was getting into discussions instead of seeing the important feature, the race.

Looking forward to 2pm on Sunday now though, bring on the first race

Tags
pinks