Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 8 Sep 2013, 17:45 (Ref:3300601)   #1
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Who Will Drive For Ferrari in 2014?

Now that the second Red Bull seat is settled, this becomes the centrepiece of the Silly Season.

Everyone (except Eddie Jordan) assumes that Alonso is staying and that it is the second seat that's up for grabs. Of course Alonso has a long-term contract so that is the most likely course of events so what about the contenders for No 2?

Massa? Has been Alonso's most loyal lackey for a number of years, having perfected his brown-nose skills in partnership with Schumacher. For sure, Massa will want him to stay, even if he does occasionally exhibit slightly more wilful tendencies than in the past ("Felipe is too fast"). And having got over his 2012 woes he is fast, and scores good points for Ferrari. Why wouldn't they keep him. Logically he's my favourite for the seat, though I'd love to see a shake-up.

Raikkonen? There's not a snowball in hell's chance that he will come in as a No 2 to Alonso. And no better chance that Alonso will accept him as an equal.

Hulkenberg? A good driver who just seriously upped his reputation in Monza. If Ferrari are looking to the future he is just the driver they need. However he probably has more ambition than to follow in Massa's footsteps, so .......?

Di Resta? He has good days and bad days. Personally, if I were Luca di Gorgonzola I wouldn't be falling over myself to sign him. Sorry, Paul.

EJ thinks that Alonso may be taking a sabbatical in 2014. Disregarding the strong possibility that the BBC is encouraging Eddie to come out with ever more outrageous ideas, because too many of his predictions are coming true, I think there's some mileage in this. Alonso obviously arrived at Ferrari expecting to take over where Schumacher left off. He must be feeling mighty frustrated by now, so perhaps a year off would be a good idea while waiting to see how the new rules pan out.

Perhaps Alonso would also be inclined to drop out of F1 if he knew that Ferrari had disregarded his wishes and signed Raikkonen. A season alongside the Iceman would be as bad or worse than his season alongside Hamilton.

He might also feel the same if Massa has decided to leave in order to be given the chance to fight on equal terms with his teammate. (About time too.) And if that were to happen, he knows that there is no other F1 driver with such an under-developed sense of his own worth. So he would have to face the prospect racing in 2014 without a second driver to prop him up.

So I'm sticking my neck out and predicting that Ferrari will have two new drivers in 2014. If I'm right, remember you heard it here first. If not, blame EJ.
Old 8 Sep 2013, 17:50 (Ref:3300605)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I go with Rossi and Parfitt.
Old 8 Sep 2013, 19:25 (Ref:3300636)   #3
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
If it was down to Alonso, I reckon it would be Alonso/Massa

I think that Ferrari will go for Alonso/Raikkonen

If it was down to me i'd go for Alonso/Hulkenberg
Old 8 Sep 2013, 19:31 (Ref:3300637)   #4
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post

I agree Alonso/Hulkenberg would be great , I so want to see the Hulk in a better car .
Old 8 Sep 2013, 19:50 (Ref:3300642)   #5
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:

+1
Old 8 Sep 2013, 20:48 (Ref:3300656)   #6
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Raikkonen Alonso (in that order).
Old 8 Sep 2013, 22:16 (Ref:3300686)   #7
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
All the possibilities are open, from Felipe Massa to Kevin Felippo.
Old 8 Sep 2013, 22:48 (Ref:3300700)   #8
Peralta
Veteran

Mexico
Guadalajara Jalisco
Peralta is a back marker
It seems Raikonen has signed for Ferrari! Where does that leave Hulkenberg? Lotus? Where does Massa go or does he quit?
Old 9 Sep 2013, 00:37 (Ref:3300744)   #9
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Alonso wants anyone who can't make him look bad, in previous years he's been the one pull the lame horse around, but this year Massa has been getting some performance out it as well. As a results Alonso doesn't look quite so good.
I don't see Alonso taking a sabbatical.

Raikkonen, a number 2 - can't see it myself. We know that he can a good result out of a middling car, and when Lotus actually manage to work the spanners in the right order can win in the car.
Does he want to give up on a number 1 drive with a Renault Donkey in the back?

Hulkenburg moving to Ferrari would make sense of what some have described as a sideways step from Force India to Sauber - I see it more as 3 steps to the side with one 1 back the way. It broke any ties that he had with Mercedes (driver program or engines) and brought him into the Ferrari engine fold.
Realistically Hulkenburg isn't a World Champion in the making, and the best he might ever be is 2nd in the best car ... he'd have to pin his hopes on future Ferrari's being the best car - Which I personally can't see with Adrian Newey designing Red Bulls.

Massa, I think he has a lot of good steady driving in him yet, rumours of a LeMans prototype program for 2015 might interest him if he was lead driver? Would Ferrari pay Sauber to have him lead the team for 2014 only to get extra Engine feedback. It would make an interesting win-win-win situation for Massa, Ferrari and Sauber, who of course have this young Russian moneybags that doesn't even have a super licence yet.
Old 9 Sep 2013, 01:32 (Ref:3300752)   #10
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:

If it was me I'd agree with your selection....
And if EJ's idea of Alonso on a sabbatical would see me selecting Kimi and Hulkenberg....

Just what Ferrari needs to redefine who they are and provide some real impetus for 2014 if Alonso leaves...
Old 9 Sep 2013, 01:52 (Ref:3300758)   #11
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After weeks of hearing these rumours, they are getting closer to be reality....

http://www.f1reader.com/#/news/ferra...ednesday-81989
Old 9 Sep 2013, 17:21 (Ref:3301080)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
Realistically Hulkenburg isn't a World Champion in the making, and the best he might ever be is 2nd in the best car ... he'd have to pin his hopes on future Ferrari's being the best car - Which I personally can't see with Adrian Newey designing Red Bulls.
I'm not convinced you can say that. Put him in a Red Bull and who knows.....
Old 9 Sep 2013, 18:14 (Ref:3301098)   #13
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
I really thought it'd be Hulk. I wonder where he slots in next season?

Very much doubt he'll want to stick with that dog of a Sauber.

Selby
Old 9 Sep 2013, 19:03 (Ref:3301123)   #14
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wednesday and all hell breaks loose.
Old 9 Sep 2013, 19:04 (Ref:3301124)   #15
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Yep, one way or another, someone's going to be very unhappy...

Selby
Old 9 Sep 2013, 19:05 (Ref:3301125)   #16
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
So if Nando goes back to Lotus/Renault, and Kimi/Hulk are at Ferrari, does Felipe go back to Sauber..?

Selby
Old 9 Sep 2013, 19:17 (Ref:3301129)   #17
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
So if Nando goes back to Lotus/Renault, and Kimi/Hulk are at Ferrari, does Felipe go back to Sauber..?

Selby
Uhn... I guess Alonso will stay and Massa goes down like his football team... to second division.
Old 9 Sep 2013, 19:28 (Ref:3301139)   #18
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I can't see the logic of Räikkönen if Alonso stays. Montezemolo has already said he doesn't want two roosters in one hen house, and I can't see Räikkönen just accepting a number-two position.
Old 9 Sep 2013, 19:41 (Ref:3301145)   #19
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post

Selby
I don't think Massa is what Sauber need. If they get Sirotkin then they need someone like Hulkenberg in the other car or they will have no benchmark to evaluate the car, no one to evaluate Sirotkin, no one to develop the car.

While Massa may be a person to act as a support foil to an Alonso, I don't think he is the inspirational leader a midfield team need to develop a team around.
Old 9 Sep 2013, 19:42 (Ref:3301146)   #20
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I can hear it now.

'Kimi, Fernando is faster than you'.

'Well let him try and ******* overtake me, then........'
Old 9 Sep 2013, 19:44 (Ref:3301151)   #21
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I can hear it now.

'Kimi, Fernando is faster than you'.

'Well let him try and ******** overtake me, then........'
haha Too many words... I reckon it'd just be '... ok...', then proceeding to ignore the coded message completely haha

And actually, I could see Smedley following Massa to a team like Sauber and Felipe actually doing ok. He'd be a decent benchmark. I think having the pressure off of him might do him good.

Selby
Old 9 Sep 2013, 19:59 (Ref:3301157)   #22
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

I might be totally wrong but if Massa doesn't stay at Ferrari and no top team (I take Lotus as one at this time) is interested in him, he will retire... that's what he already said. So, I don't believe Sauber is an option.
Old 9 Sep 2013, 20:15 (Ref:3301171)   #23
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I would certainly expect Massa to call it a day if he leaves Ferrari. He could always go and race in sportscars like Mark.......
Old 9 Sep 2013, 23:09 (Ref:3301241)   #24
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sports report during BBC news have just reported that Kimi's deal with Ferrari is done and will be announced "imminently" (apparently alongside Fernando). Lets wait and see .
Old 9 Sep 2013, 23:22 (Ref:3301244)   #25
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy666 View Post
Sports report during BBC news have just reported that Kimi's deal with Ferrari is done and will be announced "imminently" (apparently alongside Fernando). Lets wait and see .

That will teach Alonso to whinge!
Closed Thread