Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 25 Dec 2020, 06:42 (Ref:4025156)   #3351
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
How was it EB?
A mad panic! (Gerry, email sent explaining!)
But the sun is shining, its 28C and Im in shorts and t-shirt with a glass of red.
Happy days.

Will raise a glass to absent friends above. And you lot as well

Have to say thanks to you all in this difficult year for a great stress free, friendly and respectful environment to come and discuss our passions (and grievances).

My pleasure to class you all as friends even if I have never met most of you (Actually none of you other than Dr Bob and Delta. Oh and HRSTR5.)

Best wishes to all for a Merry Christmas and a Safe Happy and Healthy 2021. Hopefully with a bit of normality (even a new normal) thrown in.

Last edited by E.B; 25 Dec 2020 at 06:49.
Old 25 Dec 2020, 09:14 (Ref:4025164)   #3352
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
We should have a special thought for all. Including the turkeys…*Dindes du monde libre, nous pensons Ã* vous en ce jour de Noël, nous ne vous oublions pas. You, big and fat turkey, won't be let alone and if you're looking for a quite and warm place, please come in my place and make yourself at home… in the owen! Bon appétit…
Old 25 Dec 2020, 09:18 (Ref:4025166)   #3353
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Merry christmas everyone, we all need a bit of goodwill right now
Old 25 Dec 2020, 09:19 (Ref:4025167)   #3354
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A very different Christmas with no family coming to stay. Absolute bliss!

Merry Christmas everyone!
Old 25 Dec 2020, 09:21 (Ref:4025168)   #3355
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Happy Christmas to all Tenthers especially those on HRT.

Glad to see Peter is starting to fill Mike’s shoes, correcting Delta, posting calendar dates over Christmas & even getting an electric car - big shoes to fill.

Here’s to absent friends, stay safe everyone!
Old 25 Dec 2020, 09:42 (Ref:4025170)   #3356
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Ryan View Post

Glad to see Peter is starting to fill Mike’s shoes, correcting Delta, posting calendar dates over Christmas & even getting an electric car - big shoes to fill.

Here’s to absent friends, stay safe everyone!
Yes absent friends, a fitting toast for the festive season.

Merry Christmas all.
Old 25 Dec 2020, 09:55 (Ref:4025174)   #3357
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Have a great Christmas, everyone.

Many thanks for your support and messages during this very trying year. With luck, and possibly the help of a good surgeon, next year will be see an improvement!
Old 25 Dec 2020, 10:44 (Ref:4025181)   #3358
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Ryan View Post

I thought "ooh that's a bit personal" then realised that the acronym HRT may have two meanings.....

Merry Christmas one and all!

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 25 Dec 2020, 11:20 (Ref:4025184)   #3359
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Merry christmas to all on here. It has been such a strange year and 2021 can only get better.
I did at least manage to get to Cadwell in September and the local dragstrip behind my house so not a totally barren year.
Old 25 Dec 2020, 11:26 (Ref:4025187)   #3360
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
I thought "ooh that's a bit personal" then realised that the acronym HRT may have two meanings.....

Merry Christmas one and all!

I wondered how long it would take
Old 25 Dec 2020, 11:57 (Ref:4025191)   #3361
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I would like to wish aa Happy Christmas to so many of my friends on the HRT pill,

Dave Mallet, Dave Ryan, Dave Falce, Dave Harte, DaveGT, Davemdget. Dave Ruston, Dave369, Dave Grant, EDaveB, Dave Gerard, RBSDave, Dave Streeter,
BreakerDave, Dave Elwin, MorningDave, Dave911s, Dave D, Dave97, Fat Dave Clerk, and MGFred. Oh! and Davelta.
Old 25 Dec 2020, 12:19 (Ref:4025194)   #3362
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Happy Christmas , I have just undone my favourite present
Click image for larger version

Name:	PRESENT.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	2.80 MB
ID:	65887
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 25 Dec 2020, 12:20 (Ref:4025195)   #3363
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
I would like to wish aa Happy Christmas to so many of my friends on the HRT pill,

Dave Mallet, Dave Ryan, Dave Falce, Dave Harte, DaveGT, Davemdget. Dave Ruston, Dave369, Dave Grant, EDaveB, Dave Gerard, RBSDave, Dave Streeter,
BreakerDave, Dave Elwin, MorningDave, Dave911s, Dave D, Dave97, Fat Dave Clerk, and MGFred. Oh! and Davelta.
OK, thanks Rodney...
Old 25 Dec 2020, 12:29 (Ref:4025196)   #3364
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
OK, thanks Rodney...
That's nice, seasons greetings to one and all.

Just about to sit down for our first Christmas dinner @ home for at least a decade, .could be interesting
Old 25 Dec 2020, 12:50 (Ref:4025197)   #3365
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

Thanks Dave .And now for the “ great escape “.
Old 25 Dec 2020, 12:50 (Ref:4025198)   #3366
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I would like to wish a Happy Christmas to so many of my friends on the HRT pill,

Dave Mallett, Dave Ryan, Dave Falce, Dave Harte, DaveGT, Davemdget. Dave Ruston, Dave369, Dave Grant, EDaveB, Dave Gerard, RBSDave, Dave Streeter,
Old 25 Dec 2020, 13:20 (Ref:4025201)   #3367
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

...........and in memory of Dave Bell.
Old 25 Dec 2020, 15:49 (Ref:4025207)   #3368
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Quote:

Thanks Dave ....& of course in memory of Dave Bell 🙏

Christmas champagne breakfast & present opening sorted, settled down with a nice glass🍷 to watch The Italian Job whilst Mrs R makes Christmas dinner Buon Natale
Old 25 Dec 2020, 19:23 (Ref:4025217)   #3369
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Just seen my Co driver "MG Fred". Very good Bob.
So, I have had enough of Christmas now, can I go motor racing. I was lucky enough to be around in the 70's and raced a couple of times at the Brands Hatch Boxing day meetings. Happy days. I remember being called up after qualy " nothing has changed there ".I asked what the problem was and C of the C said he had had reports of things falling off my car. . I told him it was mud from an earlier off. We had a good look round and all was fine. Made Autosport in the 79 meeting. They had a shot of all the cars on the grid. I remember being well chuffed.
Old 25 Dec 2020, 19:28 (Ref:4025218)   #3370
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Just seen my Co driver "MG Fred". Very good Bob.
So, I have had enough of Christmas now, can I go motor racing. I was lucky enough to be around in the 70's and raced a couple of times at the Brands Hatch Boxing day meetings. Happy days. I remember being called up after qualy " nothing has changed there ".I asked what the problem was and C of the C said he had had reports of things falling off my car. . I told him it was mud from an earlier off. We had a good look round and all was fine. Made Autosport in the 79 meeting. They had a shot of all the cars on the grid. I remember being well chuffed.
My first-ever trip to Brands was Boxing Day 1969 when I travelled down from Norfolk with some friends on a cold & dank morning, only for a thick fog to envelop the place & racing was abandoned, so we queued up at the gate to get our money back & returned home.

Last edited by John Elwin; 25 Dec 2020 at 19:28. Reason: Spelling check!!
Old 25 Dec 2020, 19:38 (Ref:4025219)   #3371
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
My first-ever trip to Brands was Boxing Day 1969 when I travelled down from Norfolk with some friends on a cold & dank morning, only for a thick fog to envelop the place & racing was abandoned, so we queued up at the gate to get our money back & returned home.

The only Boxing Day meeting that I went to was, I believe, the 1969 or 70 Plum Pudding at Mallory. All I can remember is that it was absolutely freezing, and the whole track was blanketed in snow.

After hanging around for a while, the organisers provided the competitors with petrol so that we could gently drive round the circuit to clear the surface off. Having found virtually no traction during qualification, I scratched from the race, and that was the very last time that I comp0eted in the Anglia. About a year later, it was stolen from my factory, and I have often wondered what happened to it after that.
Old 25 Dec 2020, 22:07 (Ref:4025224)   #3372
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
10 years or so ago it was snowing quite heavily on Christmas day so a group of us spent the afternoon driving round the circuit to clear it. I had a very unsuitable 911 at the time so was given the circuits Renault Traffic. The meeting next day went ahead for the cars but the bikes declined.

I was the Clerk and had the pleasure of starting the races dressed as Santa.
Attached Thumbnails
720212888.jpg  

Last edited by The Fat Clerk; 25 Dec 2020 at 22:16.
Old 25 Dec 2020, 23:12 (Ref:4025229)   #3373
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You young chaps! I was there in 1954.55.56. Tremendous meetings with top line drivers, Scott-Brown, Brooks, etc. They were a welcome break in the off-season.
Old 25 Dec 2020, 23:28 (Ref:4025230)   #3374
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
10 years or so ago it was snowing quite heavily on Christmas day so a group of us spent the afternoon driving round the circuit to clear it. I had a very unsuitable 911 at the time so was given the circuits Renault Traffic. The meeting next day went ahead for the cars but the bikes declined.

I was the Clerk and had the pleasure of starting the races dressed as Santa.
I am sure I was there that day in Vauxhall Junior in the single seater race. Istsr the marshals driving round then circuit all morning in their road cars to thaw out the frost. I spent the morning with my wife standing on a wooden board for insulation and she has banned me from considering the Plum Pudding meeting ever since!
Old 26 Dec 2020, 09:32 (Ref:4025243)   #3375
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's a regular sight at kart tracks, seeing cars drive round to clear snow/frost. There's even a video out there of one young superstar burying his road car into the tyre barrier at Shenington