Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 17 Jul 2020, 23:10 (Ref:3989138)   #2201
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Sliced licence now sat ready to be posted back to Swansea......
You cut up an historic document?

I have all of mine going back to the first, why would Swansea want a cut up licence?
Old 18 Jul 2020, 03:26 (Ref:3989164)   #2202
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post

I have all of mine going back to the first, why would Swansea want a cut up licence?
Was the first hand written with a quill, on parchment, Bob?
Old 18 Jul 2020, 07:18 (Ref:3989173)   #2203
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post

Surely you did not have take a test Bob .I sent my HGV renewal way back in March .The medical now is blooming tough far more than race licence . I was a little worried as the nice lady doc even picked up my hard of hearing these days . No sign of licence by the end of April so a few e mails later I get a call from DVLA telling me not to worry and just carry on driving the Delta truck .Still little bit worried and then middle of last month new licence and it’s dated from June as well .You know what I’m going to say . “Yes happy days “.
Old 18 Jul 2020, 07:38 (Ref:3989178)   #2204
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Was the first hand written with a quill, on parchment, Bob?
Thee are some extremely rude people posing here, but I will ignore the insults and point that my first licence was carved on a block of stone, and as long as you knew how many wheels a chariot had - Bingo!
Old 18 Jul 2020, 07:48 (Ref:3989179)   #2205
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Posers on here? Thee must be wary
Old 18 Jul 2020, 08:23 (Ref:3989182)   #2206
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
At last we know bauble's family name: Flintstone!
Old 18 Jul 2020, 08:24 (Ref:3989183)   #2207
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He obviously missed his early morning tea.
Old 18 Jul 2020, 10:11 (Ref:3989191)   #2208
bauble
Veteran

England
Rotten lot
Old 18 Jul 2020, 11:19 (Ref:3989210)   #2209
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Hooat? You mean a lot of routine? Et ta soeur, elle habite toujours Pékin?
Old 18 Jul 2020, 14:05 (Ref:3989246)   #2210
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Don't you just hate it when your carefully pre-concieved prejudices get shot out of the water?

I'm approaching that birthday in a couple of months when I shuffle from being merely "old" to "vulnerable", and so I have to renew my driving licence.....so I thought I'd better get my application in early - because DVLA take forever....

So, with just over two months before the expiry of my licence, on Monday this week I submitted my online application - and the confirmation of it included the instruction that I should cut up my existing licence and return it to DVLA.....like heck, I thought......it'll be weeks before I get the new one - what if I want to hire a car or whatever.......

And on Wednesday the *******s delivered my new licence through the post - just like that! You just can't trust anyone these days!

Sliced licence now sat ready to be posted back to Swansea......
Did you get to keep all your old categories such BE and C1 and C1E?
Old 18 Jul 2020, 14:16 (Ref:3989250)   #2211
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
Did you get to keep all your old categories such BE and C1 and C1E?

I've got BE - which is important as I tow quite a lot....but they actually took my C1 and CE off me 10 years ago, after I'd had my licence suspended on medical grounds after I had a brain op to remove a menangioma......Licence was returned to me minus those, and I believe I could have applied for them to be re-instated after six months or a year, but never bothered as I no longer had a need to drive anything over 3.5 tonne.
Old 18 Jul 2020, 17:20 (Ref:3989272)   #2212
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
I've got BE - which is important as I tow quite a lot....but they actually took my C1 and CE off me 10 years ago, after I'd had my licence suspended on medical grounds after I had a brain op to remove a menangioma......Licence was returned to me minus those, and I believe I could have applied for them to be re-instated after six months or a year, but never bothered as I no longer had a need to drive anything over 3.5 tonne.
Thanks, I've heard a lot of stories of people losing their C1 and C1E entitlement after 70 although I think some people don't realise they need the D4 medical cert to retain it. I was wondering what happens with the BE, as I probably wont bother renewing my HGV licence once I retire as I believe the medical is yearly after 65
Old 18 Jul 2020, 20:36 (Ref:3989294)   #2213
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Thanks, I've heard a lot of stories of people losing their C1 and C1E entitlement after 70 although I think some people don't realise they need the D4 medical cert to retain it. I was wondering what happens with the BE, as I probably wont bother renewing my HGV licence once I retire as I believe the medical is yearly after 65

When I did my online application it did say if I wanted C1 and CE it couldn't be done online. I haven't got a bike licence but I understand they are quite prone to wiping those off, too.....
Old 18 Jul 2020, 21:08 (Ref:3989303)   #2214
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The real pain of keeping your licence is maintaining the Driver CPC. Last year I spent 5 of the most boring days of my life in a classroom with a dozen others none of whom had any interest in the subject, and so long as you log the 35 hours you get the card, even if you slept all the way through - which a couple of them did! What a lot of nonsense, not cheap either. Now we've got the Covid risk I'm unlikely to want to use it again anyway. Grrrr....
Old 19 Jul 2020, 09:08 (Ref:3989402)   #2215
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

You can keep your BE with the online renewal at 70 . But keep an eye on what your licence has on it when it comes back as they do sometimes try to take things off it which you are still entitled to .

The C1, C1E, etc can only be renewed with medical certificates & not online .
Old 21 Jul 2020, 13:19 (Ref:3989968)   #2216
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel 911S View Post
You can keep your BE with the online renewal at 70 . But keep an eye on what your licence has on it when it comes back as they do sometimes try to take things off it which you are still entitled to .

The C1, C1E, etc can only be renewed with medical certificates & not online .
I dont have BE. Whats that for.
Old 21 Jul 2020, 13:37 (Ref:3989973)   #2217
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Category BE
You can drive a vehicle with a MAM of 3,500kg with a trailer.

The size of the trailer depends on the BE ‘valid from’ date shown on your licence. If the date is:

before 19 January 2013, you can tow any size trailer
on or after 19 January 2013, you can tow a trailer with a MAM of up to 3,500kg
Old 21 Jul 2020, 14:30 (Ref:3989990)   #2218
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Category BE
You can drive a vehicle with a MAM of 3,500kg with a trailer.

The size of the trailer depends on the BE ‘valid from’ date shown on your licence. If the date is:

before 19 January 2013, you can tow any size trailer
on or after 19 January 2013, you can tow a trailer with a MAM of up to 3,500kg
Thanks, guess as I have HGV I dont need a BE.Hey what do i know..
Old 21 Jul 2020, 17:20 (Ref:3990020)   #2219
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
I think you will have BE category Iain, I assume you passed your test before 1997, the only reason you wouldn't have BE is if you have an old paper licence in which case you'd have category A although you must have a photo card as you have the HGV entitlement on it, C or CE.
Old 21 Jul 2020, 17:31 (Ref:3990025)   #2220
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
On the back of my licence it has a chart on what vehicles I can use, I don't know how long that has been on driver's licence? It is fascinating all these different categories on what you can and can't drive
Old 21 Jul 2020, 17:39 (Ref:3990031)   #2221
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
On the back of my licence it has a chart on what vehicles I can use, I don't know how long that has been on driver's licence? It is fascinating all these different categories on what you can and can't drive
fascinating? really?
Old 21 Jul 2020, 18:05 (Ref:3990038)   #2222
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To me it just adds to the confusion along with the ones from MUK and the ACU.
Old 21 Jul 2020, 18:34 (Ref:3990043)   #2223
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
On my new driving licence, credit card format, there are a lot of mentions I can't read! Neither understand I must admit…
Old 21 Jul 2020, 21:04 (Ref:3990072)   #2224
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
On the back of my licence it has a chart on what vehicles I can use, I don't know how long that has been on driver's licence?
It became an EU requirement on the 19th January 2013, so all licences from late 2012.
Old 22 Jul 2020, 10:13 (Ref:3990139)   #2225
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
fascinating? really?
Some people are easy to keep amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
It became an EU requirement on the 19th January 2013, so all licences from late 2012.
I'm sure I had my plastic licence a long time before then, some time in the early 1990s I think.
Closed Thread