Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 6 Jan 2001, 18:03 (Ref:56730)   #1
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Anyone heard anything about TOCA Radio ? Is it likely to be back in 2001 ? Powertour made a real point of pushing the radio coverage last year, and reaped the benefits. TOCA, meanwhile, pulled the plug on their own radio coverage in a cost cutting measure
Old 6 Jan 2001, 19:02 (Ref:56745)   #2
Larsen
Racer

Denmark
Northants, UK
Larsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Obviously TOCA radio is better than Power Tour Radio, what happened to them anyway.
Old 6 Jan 2001, 19:10 (Ref:56750)   #3
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
When Renault quit at the end of Radio TOCA was left without their major sponsor (Blend 37). No sponsor = no money = no radio = lot's of fed up fans.

I've seen in a couple of places that it should return this year, although as I recall a certain well-known radio 'personality' told us last year that he wasn't sure he would be part of the team. Anything but Powertour's Tania Baker, please.
Old 6 Jan 2001, 19:20 (Ref:56760)   #4
Larsen
Racer

Denmark
Northants, UK
That is a shame really
Old 6 Jan 2001, 21:17 (Ref:56809)   #5
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah, I wondered what was happening on the radio front. When radios got mentioned in the topic over in trackside about what you take to the track, it got me thinking about Radio TOCA. At the time I meant to pop in here and start a topic about it, but somehow I forgot all about it. Hope we do have decent radio next year, but please, please, no more freebie Powertour Radios!
Old 6 Jan 2001, 21:27 (Ref:56812)   #6
Larsen
Racer

Denmark
Northants, UK
when they gave away the powertour radios, is it my imagination or has the program got less smaller, i do have prove!
Old 6 Jan 2001, 21:43 (Ref:56819)   #7
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Talked two or three times last year to same celebrity about Radio Toca. He swore that the money was there and that the truck was being repainted in sponsors colours and would be out and about --- but it never appeared.

It is absolutley critical to have it back - the tanoys are C**p and it always seems that the results or times are said just as all the pack come past us.

We ended up last year frequenting race control for the qualifying sheets but of course at Brands you can't get to race control (mind you I did a very passable rush and grab into Renault & Ford hospitalities!!).

Any chance of said celebs link or have you demlished his web site?
Old 6 Jan 2001, 23:25 (Ref:56845)   #8
Invader
Veteran

Invader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
that bloke
Old 7 Jan 2001, 10:35 (Ref:56928)   #9
vauxhall
Veteran

vauxhall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
..well somebody could of told me about it not being there i spent 1 hour tuning my radio trying to find it!

lol