Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 8 Nov 2004, 09:08 (Ref:1147258)   #1
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
graeme should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stowe races, 28th Nov

Entry form for sports/saloons, Caterham & single seater race at Stowe is at http://www.graduates.org.uk/2004/Ent...28_Nov_04.pdf. £110 for 2 races!
Old 10 Nov 2004, 12:36 (Ref:1149415)   #2
haggispeed
Racer

United Kingdom
near Oulton Park
haggispeed has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Graham - just to let you know that the above link does not work, but you can get it off the BARC SE site.
Old 10 Nov 2004, 12:55 (Ref:1149432)   #3
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
Doh - if you take the dot off the end of the URL it works: http://www.graduates.org.uk/2004/Ent..._28_Nov_04.pdf Are some of you Mallock types coiming out?
Old 10 Nov 2004, 19:19 (Ref:1149754)   #4
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Eric Falce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
haggispeed, one of my friends has purchased a haggispeed in the States and has raced it for this season. He cannot find any history on the car,any ideas where to look!:confused:

Eric Falce.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 22 Nov 2004, 19:55 (Ref:1161106)   #5
haggispeed
Racer

United Kingdom
near Oulton Park
Hi Graeme - yep there will be some "Clubmans" cars there too, one of them might just be the Haggispeed - they're not all Mallock's y'know Since I've only managed one race this season due to work thought I might get a bit more value out of my licence
Are you out in the Caterham's ?

Hi Eric - I think I probably know the car you mean, I saw it race at Laguna last year, it was knocking round for sale on the web for a couple of years, think it may now belong to Don Crawford ?, he did a lovely restoration job on it, unfortunately if it is the same one it's not a Haggispeed, Haggis never built cars in 1967, I did get him to verify a picture of it a few years back before he sadly passed away, I now own the marque, we're happy for him to enter it as a Haggispeed if he wishes but cannot provide provenance. When Haggis originally started he entered Mallock's after he had worked on them as "Haggispeed Mallock", his first outright Clubmans car was 1971
If of course it's not that car get him to get in touch with me and I'll see if we can help with the history, I would love to know of any other Haggispeed's to my knowledge there's 3 in UK, 1 in Sweden and that's it.

Last edited by haggispeed; 22 Nov 2004 at 19:59.
Old 22 Nov 2004, 21:01 (Ref:1161171)   #6
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
Not sure Caterhams are happening - not such a great turnout at the moment - perhaps we could have a space-framed front-engined challenge...? Will be out sports & saloons at least.

Will get out in Clubman's one of these days - know any cars for hire? (Although I quiet fancy sticking some aerofoils on a Caterham and giving it a bash!).
Old 23 Nov 2004, 09:18 (Ref:1161550)   #7
haggispeed
Racer

United Kingdom
near Oulton Park
Space-Framed front-engined challenge mmm that'll be Clubmans racing then As you probably know 7's is where Clubman's came from anyway. But a handicap race between the two types sounds like fun. If you stick wings on a seven it turns into a ModSports doesn't it... I still remember the famous "Black Brick" from Modsports in the 80's.
Seriously though if you fancy a run in a proper Clubmans car you should get along to our test day at Mallory next March, we organise rental cars for prospective new drivers to try the formula, Nick frost has been at the last few, have a chat with him. And yes there are cars for hire, Mallock have one so does Vegantune. Make sure you drop by to say hello at the weekend, the Haggispeed is Red - No8.

Last edited by haggispeed; 23 Nov 2004 at 09:26.
Old 23 Nov 2004, 10:00 (Ref:1161601)   #8
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
I came along to the Clubman's day a couple of years ago, which was excellent (51 seconds round Mallory, which would have put me on the penultimate row of the grid for the previous race - just couldn't overcome not braking for Gerrards), but Marcus said there wasn't space this year. Will try and get out on next years.
Old 23 Nov 2004, 10:06 (Ref:1161603)   #9
haggispeed
Racer

United Kingdom
near Oulton Park
Better get in early then ! - I know Marcus is organising the track day at the moment - it is provisionally booked for March 25 I think. Don't worry I still can't get to not braking for Gerrards ! I presume you had a run in an MG X Power type ?
Old 23 Nov 2004, 12:03 (Ref:1161677)   #10
haggispeed
Racer

United Kingdom
near Oulton Park
Graeme - have you received your finals yet ? - I only put my entry in on Friday, just wondered when they normally send out final info for BARC SE

Last edited by haggispeed; 23 Nov 2004 at 12:04.
Old 23 Nov 2004, 13:04 (Ref:1161713)   #11
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
No finals yet - my acknowledgement came last week, saying finals would be sent out a week before by first class post.
Old 25 Nov 2004, 13:48 (Ref:1163829)   #12
haggispeed
Racer

United Kingdom
near Oulton Park
Got finals this morning. 17 cars on the grid (with me) so almost full, not a bad entry. So no other 10/10ths people there then ? - not even any marshals ??
Old 25 Nov 2004, 13:55 (Ref:1163844)   #13
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
18 cars IS a full grid at Stowe. Well done to the s/s guys - its often a poor turnout at Stowe (I think I saw it down to one car at one race!), but much better than Caterhams or sports/saloons this time.

I'll try and come and badger you all with entry forms for Boxing Day...

Last edited by graeme; 25 Nov 2004 at 13:56.
Old 25 Nov 2004, 14:03 (Ref:1163856)   #14
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good on you Graeme - any FF1600s in the entry?
Old 25 Nov 2004, 14:14 (Ref:1163880)   #15
haggispeed
Racer

United Kingdom
near Oulton Park
Just one - Richard Hypher, ex Classic Clubmans driver who is running in his RF86 that's he's running in 750m/c F4 next year. Also Jan Langdon out in his FF2000
Old 25 Nov 2004, 15:30 (Ref:1163963)   #16
Fay
Veteran

England
Silverstone
Fay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There are a few of us marshalling. See the marshals forum.

Alan and I will be there gridding you up. I will probably also be doing the flag from the pit wall during the races. Alan may be on post 5 as well, but we will see on the day.

As we finish early, any of you are welcome down The White Horse afterwards!!! No I am not buying the drinks!!

See you on Sunday.
Old 25 Nov 2004, 15:43 (Ref:1163968)   #17
haggispeed
Racer

United Kingdom
near Oulton Park
Ah great look forward to meeting you - hopefully at gridding and not at Post 5 though .....
All the years I've been going to Silverstone and never gone to the pub, you know how it is though, after a days racing all the "team manager" wants to do is get home !
Old 25 Nov 2004, 15:48 (Ref:1163972)   #18
Fay
Veteran

England
Silverstone
Fay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It helps when you only have a mile to go home!!!
Old 25 Nov 2004, 18:03 (Ref:1164145)   #19
haggispeed
Racer

United Kingdom
near Oulton Park
Ah ! well that is handy then
Old 26 Nov 2004, 08:23 (Ref:1164593)   #20
haggispeed
Racer

United Kingdom
near Oulton Park
Well just checked the weather; Met Ofice say partly sunny, BBC say cloudy, UK Weather says rain, so take your pick... (and your wets !)
Old 26 Nov 2004, 10:10 (Ref:1164681)   #21
haggispeed
Racer

United Kingdom
near Oulton Park
I see they didn't can the Caterham race Graeme, even though there's only 6 entries, so you're going to have a busy day !
Old 26 Nov 2004, 10:32 (Ref:1164701)   #22
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
I think we're up to at least 7 (woo!). Should be some panicky tyre and winscreen changes for me between the two different races...
Old 26 Nov 2004, 10:42 (Ref:1164710)   #23
haggispeed
Racer

United Kingdom
near Oulton Park
I presume you put on slicks, but what about the windscreen ?, do you have to black it out or something so you reach the same driving standard as some of these hot hatch types..... that might get a few contributions to this thread
Old 26 Nov 2004, 11:01 (Ref:1164723)   #24
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
but Sir Bashalot isn't allowed out any more!
Old 29 Nov 2004, 10:16 (Ref:1166894)   #25
haggispeed
Racer

United Kingdom
near Oulton Park
Well what a wet slippery day ! hope everyone had fun, sorry didn't get to meet you Fay, hope you had a good day. How was your day Graeme ? I managed to spin at turn 1 in every race, usually avoiding other spinners, then the clutch failed on warm up in race 2, thought I could race with no clutch until I spun again in turn 1 and couldn't restart, so spent the rest of the race having a nice chat with the guys on post one ! - hello you lot - thanks for the push back, always said I wanted to spend a day on post - but not when I was supposed to be racing !!!