Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 25 Sep 2006, 20:49 (Ref:1719720)   #1
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Silverstone F3/GT

Not a mention so far, so I'll start the ball rolling. Some great racing with Ginettas and VW Cup. F/Fords better than usual, as were the Caterhams. The GT's provided some close stuff for the 1st 45 mins, after the safety car it stretched out a bit, although we were busy down at Becketts. F3's usual procession except for car 16 ( he spun off twice at Becketts, and drove like a man possesed to make up places). Overall a good weekend.
Old 25 Sep 2006, 21:33 (Ref:1719760)   #2
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Beckets had a direct line to Control by the sound of it! We got to know the sound of the observer's voice before he even mentioned the corner name.

I was on Bridge, and whether it was the corner, but I found most of the racing fairly dull, although the mid-pack of the Caterhams and no 42 in the Ginettas were pretty entertaining in their second races. The second VW race was a cracker, though.

Having said that, it was still a good day and watching the speed that an F3 can carry up to Priory and then try to sort it all out for the tight left hander was worth the trip on its own. Stunning. I enjoyed working with Simon, too. Good company for the day, which was fortunate, since there were just the two of us on the flag point to talk to each other all day.
Old 25 Sep 2006, 21:46 (Ref:1719772)   #3
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That observer was me! Yes, I've seen better racing but having to flag as well as observer created a interesting two days. Luckily I had a good crew( 5 on Sat, 6 on Sun., including the fire tender).
Old 26 Sep 2006, 00:17 (Ref:1719832)   #4
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Woolley I didn't realise you were at bridge, I'd have had a wander down to the flag point as I kept visiting bridge from Luffield out, as I was the only one there apart from the IO, and he's not a particularly social fellow!

I have to say I didn't think any of the racing was particularly great, and it was a little disppointing to find that despite having the ability to catch up twice, we ran late all day sunday.

Lunch bags were a nice touch, even if we didn't get a lot of time to eat them!
Old 26 Sep 2006, 07:04 (Ref:1719987)   #5
Alan Crook
Veteran

Alan Crook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chezza
Lunch bags were a nice touch, even if we didn't get a lot of time to eat them!
You should of tried delivering over 120 lunch bags in about 10 mins which was the lunch break !!!!
Old 26 Sep 2006, 08:30 (Ref:1720057)   #6
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes you guys did very well to get them all out in that time, but had we have run to time you wouldn't have had that extra pressure.
Old 26 Sep 2006, 12:52 (Ref:1720310)   #7
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A particularly impressive wheel-spinning leave from Bridge, Alan, and Fay didn't so much as drop an apple from what I could see.

Why were we late on Sunday? It seemed to be because the commentators were hogging podium time and holding up the start of the next race. I'm not aware of any trackside delays, but of course, I don't have all of the facts. Well, any on the facts, to be precise! It's unusual for Julian not to have everything spot on, so I assume there were outside influences.

Sorry I missed you, Chezza. Couldn't see Luffield in from where I was, so I had no idea you were there. We kept hearing squealy noises though, and at one point the flaggie seemed to be juggling at least four flags to deal with everything that was happening either side of him while talking on the radio with his spare hand.
Old 26 Sep 2006, 14:34 (Ref:1720391)   #8
Robin_D
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Warwickshire, UK
Robin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks to Alan and Faye for doing the Lunches.

Yet again it seems as though the organisation further up seemed a bit errr relaxed.

Star of the day has to be Numbero 9 in the VW cup. I didn't know that a VW Caddy could drift through Copse.
Old 26 Sep 2006, 22:26 (Ref:1720749)   #9
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
You should have seen it drift through Bridge. Straight up the support race pits and hid behind the wall! Must be the biggest lose I've ever seen that didn't result in contact! Only actually spun through about 90deg, but took 300 yards to do it.
Old 27 Sep 2006, 14:45 (Ref:1721266)   #10
Beeny-like
Rookie

England
Wheatley, Oxfordshire
Beeny-like should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA
That observer was me! Yes, I've seen better racing but having to flag as well as observer created a interesting two days. Luckily I had a good crew( 5 on Sat, 6 on Sun., including the fire tender).
Thanks for the good crew comment - I was there and, whilst we were pretty busy (esp. Sunday ... with the heaviest cars of the weekend!), I thoroughly enjoyed it. Spent time with people I'd met before and also a couple of new faces (new to me anyway) - all very pleasant.

Regards,
Donna