Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 17 Jan 2007, 12:05 (Ref:1817416)   #1
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Monte predictions?

So any predictions for the Monte this weekend? Not sure how the move to Valence will work out. It may cut down on spectator numbers - as its only a flying visit for us we'll probably just do the the superspecial in Monaco. The move might shake things up with lots of new stages giving people like Matt Wilson more of a chance of points.

One thing I don't get: what's the point of these 'parc ferme transfers' - it means that cars can be transported to Monaco from Valence on the back of a trailer. What's the point of that? Isn't the point of a rally that you drive from one place to another...?
Old 17 Jan 2007, 12:49 (Ref:1817468)   #2
Roundy Mooney
Veteran

Ireland
Roundy Mooney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't think you could look any further than loeb for a win, new car or not. Marcus will push hard at the start to see if he can keep him honest but I think by day two you could see him back of and just take the points. Third will definatley be more intresting with Hirvonen, Stohl, Sordo and Lattliva all to close to call. The dark hourse in the pack of course is Solberg if they can shake off the terrible run of luck they have been having.

I think the only reason Wilson will be picking up points is that others don't finish. I think you could say the same for McCale who I think will trading times with Boland at best.
Old 17 Jan 2007, 13:16 (Ref:1817496)   #3
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
I'll go for Gronholm. Purely because Loeb isn't 100% yet and the C4 is new (obviously they've tested it extensively but the Ford has well proven reliability). Hopefully the Subarus will be back on the pace but I can see Solberg crashing out if the Impreza isn't quick enough - he always tries to make up for the cars deficiencies by pushing harder. Lattvala will be the quickest of the Stobart cars.
Old 17 Jan 2007, 23:55 (Ref:1818040)   #4
phunky_monkey
Rookie

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
phunky_monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd like to see Solberg get back up there, but I think I'd be putting my money on Loeb, despite the new car. Gronholm can never be underestimated though, and I'd like to see him get up there too.
Old 17 Jan 2007, 23:58 (Ref:1818046)   #5
M.Lowe
Veteran

M.Lowe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Loeb, Gronholm but not sure about Slowberg :-)
Did Matthew have a crash in the recce car then?
Old 18 Jan 2007, 09:34 (Ref:1818245)   #6
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Regardless if that's Wilson (it's in French!); is it just me or does he seem to have a habit of crashing? Luckily for him we have superrally-rules.
Old 18 Jan 2007, 10:09 (Ref:1818280)   #7
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
It translates (via Babelfish) as:

"Ford of the young English would have taken the too broad turn and thus strikes the coming Fiat opposite"
Old 18 Jan 2007, 14:16 (Ref:1818485)   #8
GolddustMini
Veteran

GolddustMini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
havent they altered the superrally regs this year?
Old 18 Jan 2007, 15:25 (Ref:1818534)   #9
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Lowe
Loeb, Gronholm but not sure about Slowberg :-)
Did Matthew have a crash in the recce car then?
A Ford?
But that car is Volvo S60 AWD, which Ford uses as recce car, because there's no 4WD Fords, except SUVs.
Old 18 Jan 2007, 16:38 (Ref:1818577)   #10
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oops - sorry for cursing Matt by predicting a big weekend for him... Still, if you're going to crash its best to do it on the recce!
Old 19 Jan 2007, 14:19 (Ref:1819393)   #11
Roundy Mooney
Veteran

Ireland
Roundy Mooney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Overall after ss5
1 S. LOEB 1:11:10.7
2 D. SORDO +6.6
3 M. GRÖNHOLM +36.2
4 C. ATKINSON +1:34.1
5 M. STOHL +1:36.8
6 T. GARDEMEISTER +1:38.9
7 M. HIRVONEN +1:51.3
8 P. SOLBERG +2:03.1
9 J. KOPECKY +2:06.9
10 J. CUOQ +2:39.5
11 J. LATVALA +2:44.7
12 G. MAC HALE +4:09.5
13 M. WILSON +5:25.4
14 F. ROMEYER +5:47.4
15 H. SOLBERG +6:33.2
16 E. BOLAND +7:20.2
Old 20 Jan 2007, 10:09 (Ref:1820119)   #12
GolddustMini
Veteran

anyone else noticed that wrc.com now dont let free members read the news reports, dunno if its a glitch in the system because you definetly could yesterday!
Old 20 Jan 2007, 14:49 (Ref:1820340)   #13
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sordo keeping Loeb on his toes is keeping it slightly exciting, since no one else is near him.

Be a shame if team orders turn up already though.

It's also a shame the C4 is so competitive straight away.
Old 20 Jan 2007, 18:53 (Ref:1820433)   #14
HrRACING
Veteran

United Kingdom
Shropshire / Mid Wales
HrRACING should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard
Sordo keeping Loeb on his toes is keeping it slightly exciting, since no one else is near him.

Be a shame if team orders turn up already though.

It's also a shame the C4 is so competitive straight away.
Agree.

Great drive from Atkinson though!
Old 21 Jan 2007, 11:49 (Ref:1820842)   #15
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think form what I have seen on tv that the tyre rules have favoured Citroen a bit.

Marcus was going on about his team thought it was going to me warm yes, but also a lot wetter, so the dry tyres they were allocated were not as good as Loebs.

Nit sure if this is excuse making as surely at least Gronholm would be allowed to say "hey I want the same tyres as Seb", surely??
Old 21 Jan 2007, 13:37 (Ref:1820924)   #16
WJM
Racer

Netherlands
WJM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hoped the tyre nonsense would stop now everybody drives BFGoodrich, but it keeps on going It's irritating to see how much effect tyre choices now have on the outcome of the rallies.

Perhaps they should do like at the superspecial this morning. They forced every driver on gravel tyres because it would look better on tv

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder
I think form what I have seen on tv that the tyre rules have favoured Citroen a bit.

Marcus was going on about his team thought it was going to me warm yes, but also a lot wetter, so the dry tyres they were allocated were not as good as Loebs.

Nit sure if this is excuse making as surely at least Gronholm would be allowed to say "hey I want the same tyres as Seb", surely??
The tyre rules favour Citroen not one bit over the others. The teams/drivers decide a few days before the rally which sets they will bring. For every team this is the same sort of gamble. Citroen got it right, Ford got it wrong.
Old 21 Jan 2007, 15:30 (Ref:1820974)   #17
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, new car and nothing changes. Argh!

Be interesting to see how the Citroen goes on a proper rallying surface though. Will it be so good on loose surfaces? Still, a 1-2 at Monte Carlo is strong stuff.

Watching the special stage this morning on Eurosport.... Wilson's driving style is, err, strange with the result he finished less than three seconds ahead of his stalled opponent who took about half an hour to start his car.
Old 21 Jan 2007, 16:51 (Ref:1821015)   #18
GolddustMini
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder
no because actual tyre choices of compounds/cuts would not be information passed between teams by BFgoodrich, each team will be given a selection of compunds and told to pick the ones they want for the stages. so each team might be able to share info between drivers i.e between seb and dani as to whcih tyres they're using, but this info would not be presented to ford or subaru.
Old 21 Jan 2007, 16:53 (Ref:1821017)   #19
GolddustMini
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
Well, new car and nothing changes. Argh!

Be interesting to see how the Citroen goes on a proper rallying surface though. Will it be so good on loose surfaces? Still, a 1-2 at Monte Carlo is strong stuff.

Watching the special stage this morning on Eurosport.... Wilson's driving style is, err, strange with the result he finished less than three seconds ahead of his stalled opponent who took about half an hour to start his car.

yeh i dont think anyone ever doubted the c4's ability on sealed surfaces, citroen themselves said it was quicker than the xsara on tarmac, and lets face it the xsara was quicker than the foci on the smooth stufflast year!. onwards to sweden, norway and mexico to see how the cars go on snow and gravel!
Old 21 Jan 2007, 22:40 (Ref:1821293)   #20
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
I really hope that the C4 isn't as good once it's off the asphalt - if it performs on other surfaces like it did on tarmac we're in for a very predicatable year.
Old 22 Jan 2007, 08:56 (Ref:1821517)   #21
sihorton
Racer

England
up north, aka lancashire
sihorton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was good to see subaru being more competative against the fords on tarmac, guess the new tyres must be help level the playing field.

The new C4 looks like it's going to take some catching though!

si