Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 7 Oct 2021, 16:39 (Ref:4077371)   #1
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
2022 FIA World Rallycross Championship

Quote:

Rallycross Promoter, the commercial rights holder for the FIA World Rallycross Championship, announced more details regarding the upcoming 2022 World RX season – the first one run with all-electric RX1e cars – yesterday (September 30).

A 14-car grid has been announced for the 2022 FIA World Rallycross Championship, with all cars developed and produced by Austrian company Kreisel Electric in collaboration with Rallycross Promoter and governing body FIA. Kreisel Electric was selected as exclusive supplier of the electrifying kit in October 2019 following a FIA tender process. The mentioned number of 14 cars have been reserved by new and existing teams, the announcement reads. Further details regarding the new and existing teams were not revealed.

Green energy recharging will be managed by French company GCK Energy, who was also selected back in 2019 as exclusive supplier of charging power and infrastructure to drive the transition to electric racing in the FIA World Rallycross Championship and FIA RX2e Championship from 2021 to 2024. GCK Energy is making use of a solution comprised of containers and mobile charging points. The containers will arrive at each event fully charged, having collected 900kWh back at base in France through a combination of solar panels and the local green energy network.

The new RX1e car delivers 500kW to the twin motors being the equivalent of 680bhp and is complemented by 880Nm of instant torque, while the battery has been specifically designed for optimum weight distribution. All cars will use the same electric powertrain while bodywork designs and liveries will be different. The RX1e car is supposed to sprint from 0-100km/h in just 1.8 seconds.

The 2021 World RX season currently underway is the very last one in the World championship running with ICE (Internal Combustion Engine) cars.

Full article: https://rallycross.com/2021/10/01/th...nd-the-corner/

Is this only a electric powertrain kit built in different chassis' or or electric powertrain kit + OMSE (?) chassis with different bodies?

Is fellow Austrian company STARD also using Kreisel electric powertrain?
Old 7 Oct 2021, 16:42 (Ref:4077372)   #2
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
After the announcement last week by Rallycross Promoter of a 14-car grid for 2022 FIA World Rallycross Championship – the first one run with all-electric RX1e cars – today (October 6) Kristoffersson Motorsport announced a three car team for the 2022 season.

The cars for the 2022 championship are developed and produced by Austrian company Kreisel Electric in collaboration with Rallycross Promoter and governing body FIA with Kristoffersson Motorsport having ordered three kits for next season.

Full article: https://rallycross.com/2021/10/06/a-...sport-in-2022/

This suggests it's an electric powertrain + chassis.
Old 25 Oct 2021, 08:03 (Ref:4079866)   #3
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Rene Münnich announced a 2 car team for next year too
https://www.fia.com/news/two-car-wor...otorsport-2022
Old 23 Nov 2021, 11:08 (Ref:4085084)   #4
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not sure how I feel about this:

World RX - GCK Return in 2022 with Electric Delta Integrale

On the one hand I think it is a really cool homage, but on the other I wonder if it is better to try and give electric cars a new identity rather than copy beloved cars of the past?

Is this more likely to alienate the established fan base or win them over? Answers on a postcard please!
Old 23 Nov 2021, 16:46 (Ref:4085152)   #5
schanche
Veteran

England
5OUTH E4ST
schanche should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Not sure how I feel about this:

World RX - GCK Return in 2022 with Electric Delta Integrale

On the one hand I think it is a really cool homage, but on the other I wonder if it is better to try and give electric cars a new identity rather than copy beloved cars of the past?

Is this more likely to alienate the established fan base or win them over? Answers on a postcard please!
For the life of me I can’t see why they would even contemplate using this, either that have money to waste or just plain stupid. If you was to compete in the inaugural electric series which no doubt will be high profile common sense tells you to use a car from the current crop of manufacturers. This is like turning up at a top 2022 F1 event in a Nigel mansels Williams red 5. What a Farse whoever is there manager advisor must be rubbing his hands together he has conned them has April fools come early?
Old 23 Nov 2021, 16:53 (Ref:4085155)   #6
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by schanche View Post
For the life of me I can’t see why they would even contemplate using this, either that have money to waste or just plain stupid. If you was to compete in the inaugural electric series which no doubt will be high profile common sense tells you to use a car from the current crop of manufacturers. This is like turning up at a top 2022 F1 event in a Nigel mansels Williams red 5. What a Farse whoever is there manager advisor must be rubbing his hands together he has conned them has April fools come early?
I think it is because the entry comes from GCK - and they also produce this car (and others) as a resto-mod for general sale.

Also remember that an all-new electric Delta is coming from Lancia in the near future.

New Lancia Delta EV confirmed as brand goes all-electric

'Lancia boss Luca Napolitano said that a new Ypsilon will arrive in 2024 - and confirmed that the fabled Delta will return.
“Everyone wants the Delta, and it can’t be missing from our plans,” Napolitano said. “It will return and it will be a true Delta: an exciting car, a manifesto of progress and technology. And obviously it will be electric.”'
Old 23 Nov 2021, 12:37 (Ref:4085098)   #7
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think it'll add a few more to the anti-EV lot and have a few that really like it. I mean, it's a good looking car IMO but does feel like maybe they should go their own way.
Old 23 Nov 2021, 17:08 (Ref:4085158)   #8
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
And now also electric versions of Ford RS200 and MG Metro 6R4?
IMO this is not the way to go for WRX.
Old 23 Nov 2021, 18:38 (Ref:4085172)   #9
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
I'm in
Old 23 Nov 2021, 23:39 (Ref:4085203)   #10
MissClarrpz
Racer

MissClarrpz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
World RX just feels like a brand new championship thanks to COVID, a new promoter and going electric. 2021 has been a write off but I'm not over it yet for WRX. I think electric can be a lot of fun especially as the cars with be more powerful next year

I'm always interested in new series and rallycross so I'm looking forward to seeing what happens. Though I'm still against how much is hidden away behind a paywall. Just release old event highlights again and I'll be happy!
Old 24 Nov 2021, 15:24 (Ref:4085311)   #11
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissClarrpz View Post
World RX just feels like a brand new championship thanks to COVID, a new promoter and going electric. 2021 has been a write off but I'm not over it yet for WRX. I think electric can be a lot of fun especially as the cars with be more powerful next year

I'm always interested in new series and rallycross so I'm looking forward to seeing what happens. Though I'm still against how much is hidden away behind a paywall. Just release old event highlights again and I'll be happy!
Agree, especially about the paywall.

And having seen coverage of several Nitro events I am convinced it will not replace WRX or European style RX in general.
Old 24 Nov 2021, 17:55 (Ref:4085335)   #12
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissClarrpz View Post
World RX just feels like a brand new championship thanks to COVID, a new promoter and going electric.
I think this is a very fair comment, as so many aspects of it have felt quite different this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
And having seen coverage of several Nitro events I am convinced it will not replace WRX or European style RX in general.
Full agree. I don't think it is has delivered on the hype and, although I am tuning in to NRX, my preference is still WRX (even with the lesser grids this year).
Old 16 Dec 2021, 17:22 (Ref:4090138)   #13
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
2022 World RX calendar (with one TBC) revealed.

Also announced are new format changes for 2022:

World RX - 2022 Format Changes

The Superpole idea sounds like it might be fun, but I am really not sure on the other format changes. Reduction in the number of heat races isn't so good, and the changes to the latter stages of the event seem to be vastly complicating things? (or perhaps that is just how I am reading the press release?).

I liked how straight forward the general format of a World RX event was, not too sure on this.
Old 24 Dec 2021, 12:06 (Ref:4091194)   #14
CS1
Racer

CS1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone know if Lydden are pushing for the TBC slot in June?
Old 24 Dec 2021, 13:19 (Ref:4091199)   #15
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by CS1 View Post
Anyone know if Lydden are pushing for the TBC slot in June?
I doubt they will be able to host until they have carried out the improvements to the circuit facilities (given that was the reason they lost the World round).

(Would be happy to be proven wrong on that point though!)
Old 24 Dec 2021, 15:13 (Ref:4091213)   #16
CS1
Racer

CS1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
I doubt they will be able to host until they have carried out the improvements to the circuit facilities (given that was the reason they lost the World round).

(Would be happy to be proven wrong on that point though!)
Wouldn’t it just be an ERC equivalent round though?
Old 17 Dec 2021, 16:13 (Ref:4090317)   #17
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
So if I understand correctly:

Single header events: 3 heats
Double header events: 2 heats
Every heat and (semi) final over 5 laps and maximum 5 cars.

1. Superpole: For starting position first heat. One car, 1 lap.

2. Heats: Starting position first heat based on Superpole. Other heats based on finishing order previous heat. Total ranking is still on time.

3. Progession race: This is not clear to me. Sort of 4th or 3rd heat depending if it's a single or double header event?

4. Semi-final: First two of each race go to final. Fastest number 3 also.

5. Final

Sounds complicated...
Old 17 Dec 2021, 20:13 (Ref:4090360)   #18
chasing cars
Racer

chasing cars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All sounds ok, particually like the idea of 5 abreast finals, and a return to the points only given on final positions.

The progression race gives those that have had a bad day in the heats a chance to still make the finals but on the other hand a driver could dominate the heats but then have an issue in the progression race and be out of the finals.
This is how I understand it and the format in recent years hasnt felt quite right to me,still i'd like to go back to the a,b,c final format from pre IMG days.
Old 10 Feb 2022, 16:54 (Ref:4098108)   #19
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Hansen have committed to a 'multi year' program in WRX:

https://www.fiaworldrallycross.com/w...i-year-future/

Not a huge shock really is it? Unsurprisingly the driver lineup is unchanged.

Has anyone seen anything about any other entries?
Old 10 Feb 2022, 17:28 (Ref:4098114)   #20
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Hansen have committed to a 'multi year' program in WRX:

https://www.fiaworldrallycross.com/w...i-year-future/

Not a huge shock really is it? Unsurprisingly the driver lineup is unchanged.

Has anyone seen anything about any other entries?
Where else could they race?

Disappointing they still use the old 208.
Does someone know if there's a new 208 model in supercar spec?
Old 10 Feb 2022, 17:30 (Ref:4098115)   #21
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Kristoffersson Motorsport returns with Volkswagen Dealerteam BAUHAUS
Four-time FIA World Rallycross Champion Johan Kristoffersson has set his sights upon a fifth Drivers’ crown at the pinnacle of the sport this year, following the confirmation that he will return to the fray in a Kristoffersson Motorsport (KMS)-run Volkswagen.

KMS will field three electric VWs during the World Championship’s inaugural electric campaign in 2022, with the precise model and Kristoffersson’s team-mates to be unveiled in due course.
Source: https://rallycross.com/2022/01/14/kr...rteam-bauhaus/
Old 16 Feb 2022, 11:34 (Ref:4098924)   #22
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Although the delivery schedule for the electric components concerns me, I am cautiously optimistic that the World Championship will have a respectable entry this year.

Hansen Motorsport had a live chat last week where they dropped a few snippets of info about the program this year. Be cool to see other teams do this before the start of the season.
Old 22 Mar 2022, 09:37 (Ref:4103799)   #23
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Updated 2022 calendar announced.

Old 22 Mar 2022, 09:54 (Ref:4103802)   #24
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
Welcome to our World Championship....which is currently running exclusively in Europe
Old 11 Apr 2022, 10:32 (Ref:4106284)   #25
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Enzo Ide confirms a full Euro (and select RallyX Nordic) campaign:

EKSRX.com - Enzo Ide Commits to 2022 Euro RX

Plus a new livery for his Audi:

Love these 2018+ Audis, really hope this isn't the only one that will be getting some regular use this year.

Interesting (or not) detail, but the article mentions that the car will be "serviced by former FIA World Rallycross Championship winning team EKS".