Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 15 Aug 2021, 22:43 (Ref:4066952)   #26
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Some very strong drives and a few desperate performances I felt?

Power had one of his truly 'on' races. If he could do that all the time he'd probably be untouchable! However every other race he seems to get into some drama or another. He reminds me a bit of Vettel like that.

Lundgaard was mega in qualy but perhaps the race was a very useful learning exercise. He did pull some decent overtakes in the last stint.

Scotty Mac's season has gone backwards after a pretty strong start. I hope he puts together a decent run next weekend at St.Louis.

Pato did all he could with the strategy not working out.

Good to see Grosjean and Herta having a joke after the race. Wonder what Romain said to him?
Old 16 Aug 2021, 03:25 (Ref:4066966)   #27
mstets
Racer

mstets should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Some very strong drives and a few desperate performances I felt?

Power had one of his truly 'on' races. If he could do that all the time he'd probably be untouchable! However every other race he seems to get into some drama or another. He reminds me a bit of Vettel like that.

Lundgaard was mega in qualy but perhaps the race was a very useful learning exercise. He did pull some decent overtakes in the last stint.

I don't know if it's an accurate analysis but Indycar radio mentioned that Lundgaard lost positions on in/out portions of pit stops. I'd guess that was due to lack of experience.

Power again *****ing about the rules. I don't agree in this case. It's perfectly acceptable for a driver who is about to be lapped to do everything he can to stay on the lead lap, without blatant blocking.

I would like to see a return to CART/USAC era rules under yellow. Do away with NASCAR styled yellows, closed pit lanes, giving laps back. That includes dealing with lapped cars that may be interspersed with the front runners.

https://racer.com/2021/08/15/power-b...-indy-victory/
Old 18 Aug 2021, 21:43 (Ref:4067611)   #28
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ouch, the ratings weren't good for all but for Indy a serious kick in the teeth. A .3 rating and 500k compared to Nashville 2.1 million ain't a good look. But Sunday afternoon vs Saturday midday has be to worth a decent chunk of viewers.

Cup plummeted from the last Indy race BUT 2020 Brickyard was the first race of NBC coverage, pretty much the only show in town. 1.8 rating with 2.83 million vs cable audience of 2.12 million at Watkins, seems like a down week like to like for all