Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 13 Jun 2005, 14:53 (Ref:1327379)   #26
RTH
Racer

RTH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ferrington
Richard,

RT3-470 was delivered to Docking/Spitzley on 16/2/84. No driver is mentioned on Ralt's list, but as Eric Lang seems to have been their only driver in 1984, it must have been used by Lang.
The tub no. is 84-33 and the gearbox number was 4704. It was painted white on delivery.
Unfortunately I don't have any contemporary race meeting notes for 84 and Godfrey Hall didn't appear at the one F3 event I attended in 85.

Hope this is of use.
Very helpful Adam , thank you, that all seems correct with what I know as well.

Well done.
Old 17 Jun 2005, 01:19 (Ref:1331203)   #27
jebracing
Rookie

United States
USA
jebracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any History on Ralt RT32 chassis 744

Do you have any history on chassis 744? This car races here locally in the states.

I would also like to ask if you have RT33/34 records? I have just purchased what I am told is an RT34 but I think it is a 33 and will want to find its history when it arrives.

Thanks,

Jeff
Old 17 Jun 2005, 08:40 (Ref:1331331)   #28
Adam Ferrington
Racer

Adam Ferrington should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jeff,

RT32-744 was delivered on 19/2/88 via Italian agent Weevil to a customer shown as BVM, which I assume was an Italian F3 team. (They had two RT32s) It was built for an Alfa engine and was painted red. The tub no. should be AM88-08 and the original gearbox no. was F3-010.

I have some records for RT33s, but none for RT34s. Send me a PM when you have the details on your car.
Old 17 Jun 2005, 08:54 (Ref:1331341)   #29
driftwood
Veteran

driftwood has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
BVM build engines in italy most cars in italy raced fiat or alfa motors
Old 17 Jun 2005, 11:31 (Ref:1331431)   #30
jebracing
Rookie

United States
USA
jebracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Adam,
Many thanks and I'll send you mail when it arrives. Here is chassis 744 from a weekend ago or so. Still red and still has the Alfa engine.

http://www.waterfordhills.com/gallery/jgr2y055.jpg

http://www.waterfordhills.com/gallery/rlr2y054.jpg

http://www.waterfordhills.com/gallery/jwr2y055.jpg

Thanks again.

Jeff B
Old 18 Jun 2005, 00:57 (Ref:1331938)   #31
RAY DACKOMBE
Rookie

RAY DACKOMBE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgit
A guy called Martin Ennis had it before me. He made it suitable for monoposto, only did one or two races, and then a few hill climbs. He didn't use the car that much as far as i know. He has got a jedi now.

Gadgit.
IT'S ALL BECOME CLEAR,KNOW LAST TWO DRIVERS AND CAR,HOW ARE YOU SIR?
Old 21 Jun 2005, 07:58 (Ref:1335534)   #32
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gadgit

I hope that things are going well with the re-build/ testing. I'd really encourage you to bring the car out to race, though - there's nothing like it! I understand your concerns about bent cars etc (I was one of the cars at Mallory on Boxing Day, but unscathed) but Monoposto is a great championship with a mixture of very experienced & talented drivers along with novices. The novices are made to feel welcome and the driving standards are pretty good - there's rarely any contact (Mallory was very unusual, not helped by grids positions drawn out of a hat) and I would really recommend it. In contrast, one Monoposto 1600 driver at a recent Silverstone test was taken off by a current F3 driver - the F3 driver overtook him on the outside of a bend but got it wrong & clipped a front left wheel - the Dallara was pretty badly damaged!

The BARC-SEC races on the Silverstone Stowe circuit are also a great place to cut your teeth. Stowe is very safe with nothing to hit & wide straights. The atmosphere is very friendly & there's no pressure. The races are great value too - £110 for a practice, an 8 min race and a 15 min race & you don't have to be a member of the BARC either. The next race is on July 17th & I am pretty certain to take part. E-mail claire@gfwilliams.co.uk for an entry form.

Rgds

Andy
Old 23 Aug 2021, 09:48 (Ref:4069940)   #33
Euromontagna
Rookie

Euromontagna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ferrington View Post
Gadgit,

I don't know much more.
Maxted and Hill both appeared in the car in the "Class B" section of 1989 British F3 races, which was for non-current cars.

My sources are contemporary observation, plus Ralt's RT30 build list.
BTW according to the list your car's gearbox serial No. was 5356 - is it still there?
You have got precise information! I am looking for info about Ralt RT32... Do you think, you have also such info please? The subject is RT32 car chassis number 742. I believe it was second car of Jo Zeller F3 1988 campaign. Later sold to Wäfler who changed the engin from Toyota to VW. Any idea how to prove or correct the original history of 742? Is there a list of original owners?