Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 15 Oct 2021, 10:47 (Ref:4078565)   #1026
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
We did have them join for a bit, but I think the boom we had a few years ago is probably over for now
Old 9 Nov 2021, 01:57 (Ref:4082288)   #1027
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It does look nice, but I don't understand why the bodywork needs to be composite if it is going to be the same shape as the road car?

...A missed opportunity to add one of these (and the Nissan Z) to the grid as a matter of priority?

Last edited by V8 Fireworks; 9 Nov 2021 at 02:03.
Old 9 Nov 2021, 03:24 (Ref:4082293)   #1028
bloggs
Racer

Australia
Goldcoast
bloggs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder if we will find out when they get a shack down at Qld Raceway. I might have to go and have a look if we get to know.
one hellava life
Old 9 Nov 2021, 13:28 (Ref:4082379)   #1029
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I'm excited to see how they perform. The future of the series is resting on this, so hope it does the job
Old 9 Nov 2021, 14:10 (Ref:4082394)   #1030
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't know if this question belongs here but here goes, how long can they continue to use the name of a defunct brand that no longer exists namely HOLDEN.
Old 9 Nov 2021, 14:20 (Ref:4082399)   #1031
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
I don't know if this question belongs here but here goes, how long can they continue to use the name of a defunct brand that no longer exists namely HOLDEN.
I guess for as long as they continue to enter the Commodore ZB?

"Holden recently re-committed to racing in Supercars through until the end of 2021, and that will happen with the currently homologated ZB Commodore race car," read a Holden statement. "Racing is a strong part of Holden's brand identity and we will assess our options as Supercars continues to evolve its rules for the next generation of cars currently due to be introduced in 2022."
Old 9 Nov 2021, 23:44 (Ref:4082498)   #1032
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
None of that changes the fact that the brand no longer exists as a retailer and manufacturer. I see Walkinshaw's are branching out beyond GM products also and have formed some sort of relationship with VW dressing up Amorak Utes.
Old 10 Nov 2021, 01:10 (Ref:4082500)   #1033
S griffin
Veteran

It’s continuing in some sorts. The name is still very powerful in terms of marketing. Although others can get similar publicity
Old 10 Nov 2021, 04:16 (Ref:4082517)   #1034
Spec83
Rookie

Spec83 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Supercars Gen 3 (2022)

HMS account is still active on social media, but there does seem a push even by them to eradicate the Holden name and replace with AC Delco (I.e. the recent AC Delco Camaro Doorslammer drag racing program announcement).

For the sake of one more year I don’t think it will really matter if they retain the Holden badge on the cars and transition the Social Media and event hospitality under the GMSV account. If done properly this could provide a great way to tie the Holden history more strongly to the new entity - plus a supercar can be considered a Special Vehicle developed by GM can’t it?? (I.e. it is a GMSV)

I am ok with the carbon fibre panels, NASCAR have gone this way also with their Gen6 car , and even more so with the new Gen7 car, so their must be cost savings there.

I am keeping my eye on the QR event calendar over the next few weeks for a ‘private practice’ day event which may signal a shakedown of the Gen3 Supercar, normally Speedcafe etc. get a sniff on these too. In order to get the cars to Bathurst for the showing on the 4+5/12 they’ll need to leave BNE no later 1/12. Free days on the 16+17/11 are too soon, which leaves open dates of 22, 29 and 30th. I do note McElrea Racing have a full-day ‘corporate day’ booked for the 23/11 which would provide a good shakedown date as it would still give time to tweak things and go again early the next week if required - again this is just me hypothesising :-)
- - - - - - - -

[mention]V8 Fireworks [/mention]thanks for pics, new cars look good!! Agree need a couple of more coupes in there, Supercars should grow some gonads and stump up the full panel and aero development $$$ for the manufactures to lessen their cost of entry to marketing / sponsorship costs only.

Last edited by Spec83; 10 Nov 2021 at 04:23.
Old 10 Nov 2021, 05:54 (Ref:4082518)   #1035
Casper
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
It’s continuing in some sorts. The name is still very powerful in terms of marketing. Although others can get similar publicity
That is what I find puzzling, there is nothing to market, short sighted governments and long years of company mismanagement made sure of that.
Old 10 Nov 2021, 18:52 (Ref:4082652)   #1036
Spec83
Rookie

Supercars Gen 3 (2022)

Guess I was wrong, Mustang was out at QR yesterday 10/11(via v8Sleuth):

https://www.v8sleuth.com.au/gen3-mus...s-maiden-test/

Rolland will not like being beaten to the testing track I don't think... 15, 16 and 17th looks like QR is free / no bookings next week - take your pick!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 15 Nov 2021, 03:35 (Ref:4083518)   #1037
Spec83
Rookie

According to Speedcafe, tomorrow (Tuesday) 16/11 is the day for the Camaro...

https://www.speedcafe.com/2021/11/14...ro-on-tuesday/

Might go out and see if I can sneak a peek
Old 15 Nov 2021, 04:52 (Ref:4083522)   #1038
bloggs
Racer

Australia
Goldcoast
"speedcafe.com understands the test day will be held behind closed doors and will be strictly off limits to the public" Did you read the article?
one hellava life
Old 15 Nov 2021, 04:54 (Ref:4083523)   #1039
bloggs
Racer

Australia
Goldcoast
Test now postponed till next week.
one hellava life
Old 3 Dec 2021, 05:35 (Ref:4086396)   #1040
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

The flared arches seem to undo the work to make them look the road cars, which seems odd? They seem to have ended up looking like sports sedans anyway!

The rear view with the smaller rear wing is much better and more touring-car-ish though, so good job on that.
Old 3 Dec 2021, 09:53 (Ref:4086411)   #1041
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They did their best to spoil the unveiling today.

Seamer looked like a kindergarten teacher who can’t control the kids, and telling the media to stop asking curly questions and saying let’s talk about how good the cars sound was ridiculous. Supercars cannot be taken seriously while ever they are unable to handle bad press. Can you imagine Cochrane manning a press conference like that.

And worst of all the only answer anyone got was “wait two weeks”

I think Larko likes these new cars too, did anyone get that impression too?
Old 3 Dec 2021, 10:28 (Ref:4086414)   #1042
Backagain
Racer

Backagain has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post

The flared arches seem to undo the work to make them look the road cars, which seems odd? They seem to have ended up looking like sports sedans anyway!
They look a thousand times better than the tacked on cornflake packet flares on the "road car based" TCRs. Their flares seem to break up if the wind is blowing in the wrong direction.
Old 3 Dec 2021, 18:38 (Ref:4086471)   #1043
Compromised
Veteran

Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
They did their best to spoil the unveiling today.

Seamer looked like a kindergarten teacher who can’t control the kids, and telling the media to stop asking curly questions and saying let’s talk about how good the cars sound was ridiculous.
Strange wasn't it.

Flappy paddles are such a controversial subject, which is natural when only one team wants them. If they really want to go down this path, own it, don't try to weasel out if it. Although, it would be a tough gig trying to spin something 90% of teams/fans don't want
Old 3 Dec 2021, 20:04 (Ref:4086480)   #1044
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was amazed at the lack of forward vision from the in-car shots.
Especially the Camaro.
Long bonnet and big scoops.
Add bars, visors, helmet, number and driver's name and it'll be like looking through a keyhole...
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 3 Dec 2021, 20:19 (Ref:4086482)   #1045
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Glad the Mustang now has a normal rear wing.
Old 6 Dec 2021, 02:48 (Ref:4087099)   #1046
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Punter View Post
I was amazed at the lack of forward vision from the in-car shots.
Especially the Camaro.
Long bonnet and big scoops.
Add bars, visors, helmet, number and driver's name and it'll be like looking through a keyhole...
Giz commented on the visibility issue.
Whincup dismissed that.
Old 6 Dec 2021, 05:00 (Ref:4087111)   #1047
Casper
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71 View Post
Giz commented on the visibility issue.
Whincup dismissed that.
Whincup isn't driving it so why would he give a damn about visibility problems. NIMBYism in motor racing?
Old 7 Dec 2021, 01:05 (Ref:4087391)   #1048
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Whincup isn't driving it so why would he give a damn about visibility problems. NIMBYism in motor racing?
I was talking about Whincups comments after his demo laps.
Old 14 Dec 2021, 20:45 (Ref:4089690)   #1049
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Used to be a Supercars fan until the last couple of years where I just sort of zoned out from it a bit.

Watching the demo runs of the new cars for '23 certainly got me interested again. Great looking cars
Old 1 Feb 2022, 00:57 (Ref:4096924)   #1050
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So... Dunlop is being asked to prepare different tyre compounds for Gen3, to relate to the apparently reported lower downforce for those cars compared to the Gen2 units.

They are still running on 18" wheels... same as F1...

Wonder why they hadnt contemplated a switch to 19" wheels... they are a different design on Gen3 compared to Gen2 anyway, meaning a wholesale cleanout is required by the teams...

Having driven roadcars on 18" wheels since 2008... it is a logical next step to jump them at the next opportunity.. like now
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Closed Thread