Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 1 Feb 2023, 18:49 (Ref:4142434)   #176
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Is GT4 practical non-existent in Australia?
Can you qualify for invitational class or is it really on invitation?
Old 2 Feb 2023, 00:31 (Ref:4142469)   #177
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Is GT4 practical non-existent in Australia?
Pretty much. It has been moved to be the top class of the Production Car Championship from this year, so they can actually win a race outright. So GT4 will be the top class at the Bathurst 6hr at Easter.

Quote:
Can you qualify for invitational class or is it really on invitation?
If you think you have something interesting, you can enter invitational class and hope you get accepted. It is usually made up of mostly MARC cars, with some other random entries. There were a couple of ex-GrandAm RX8's racing in it a few years back now.
Old 2 Feb 2023, 09:59 (Ref:4142492)   #178
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Disappointing numbers, I do remember the pre-COVID years being a little too crowded, but this is a touch too thin. I forget the year but the race had 34 entries one year and it just seemed to be the right number for the track.

When was the last time Audi entered a single PRO entry in an IGTC race.

Sad to see this be such a Audi vs AMG fest like quite a few other series now, luckily WRT are now BMW to slightly diversify, but I do miss the days of Nissan and Bentley being in GT3 and tackling the mountain.

Even a PRO Aston, or Mclaren, or Ferrari, or Lamborghini would give us a bit more spice. SOMETHING! that isnt a AMG or Audi
Old 2 Feb 2023, 13:10 (Ref:4142508)   #179
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Agreed, it does look weak, especially at the bottom end. I count 22 Class As (early in the day for me); assuming the cars are the same, the classes are based on driver levels. 22 is an F1 event. There's always attrition at The Mountain but maybe these numbers will work for long green runs? I'll always look forward to the pre dawn start, no matter the numbers!

And I've not witnessed Valentino Rossi on four wheels so I'm looking forward to that.

Practice starts later today (tomorrow for me, I think). No rain in the forecast. Practice days look pleasant - Mid 70s / Mid 40s (23 / 8 C) but jumps to 85 / 55 (29 / 12 C) race day.
Old 2 Feb 2023, 13:25 (Ref:4142509)   #180
PhilipR
Racer

Romania
London
PhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Entry list is small compared to pre covid. I wonder how much of this is hampered by timing of race - in between D24 and Asian Le Mans series(auto invite to le mans if you win) , cost to travel to Australia, potential cost of repair considering the crashes that happen at the Mountain. - I wonder if all of this compounds the European, US and teams from Asia to prioritise other series/races?

Also on the German manufactures, I believe the Germans along with Ferrari and Lambo are very good at supporting customer teams world wide and help them enter events. They also seem to have a large customer base all over the world

Compare that with Mclaren or Aston that have less customers and most based in Europe or the US. Nissan has no interest in gt3 atm, Lexus only US and Super Gt(very small numbers) , Bentley non existent, Honda only US and Super gt. If I were a team considering what is on offer, I would probably opt for one of the Germans or Lambo/Ferrari given the current situation.

Hopefully once Ford and Corvette are set up they can make up for the disappearance of the the other manufacturers
Old 2 Feb 2023, 14:00 (Ref:4142513)   #181
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipR View Post
Entry list is small compared to pre covid. I wonder how much of this is hampered by timing of race - in between D24 and Asian Le Mans series(auto invite to le mans if you win) , cost to travel to Australia, potential cost of repair considering the crashes that happen at the Mountain. - I wonder if all of this compounds the European, US and teams from Asia to prioritise other series/races?

Also on the German manufactures, I believe the Germans along with Ferrari and Lambo are very good at supporting customer teams world wide and help them enter events. They also seem to have a large customer base all over the world

Compare that with Mclaren or Aston that have less customers and most based in Europe or the US. Nissan has no interest in gt3 atm, Lexus only US and Super Gt(very small numbers) , Bentley non existent, Honda only US and Super gt. If I were a team considering what is on offer, I would probably opt for one of the Germans or Lambo/Ferrari given the current situation.

Hopefully once Ford and Corvette are set up they can make up for the disappearance of the the other manufacturers
Think its very clear by now Audi, AMG and to a slightly lesser extent Lambo, Ferrari, BMW & Porsche offer a more thorough package of support than the smaller guys, but still, its a shame to see the lack of diversity
Old 3 Feb 2023, 03:18 (Ref:4142575)   #182
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Was hoping to be watching a little of practice for the Bathurst 12 right now, but looks like the YouTube streams won't start until Ps 5 & 6?? Bogus, man!
Old 4 Feb 2023, 12:09 (Ref:4142633)   #183
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So we have a Merc AMG front row lockout with Engel on pole in the Gruppe M car and Feeney alongside in the T888 car......

But now after qualy Mercedes AMG have been BoP'd with extra weight

They have had 10kg added to their BoP ballast, while the Manthey Porsche, which Matt Campbell put third on the grid, has copped an extra 5kg.

Audis, BMW, and Lamborghini, have had 10kg removed from their BoP ballast.

Pretty harsh but should liven things up a bit.

Top 10 on the Grid after the 'Shootout'

Pos Num Team/Sponsor Driver(s) Car Cls Fastest lap Split
1 999 GruppeM Racing Maro Engel Mercedes-AMG GT3 EVO PRO 2:00.8819
2 888 Supercheap Auto Racing Broc Feeney Mercedes Benz AMG GT PRO 2:01.0983 0:00.2164
3 912 Manthey EMA Matt Campbell Porsche GT3 R Spec 2 PRO 2:01.1730 0:00.2911
4 75 Sun Energy 1 Jules Gounon Mercedes Benz AMG GT PRO 2:01.2916 0:00.4097
5 32 Team WRT Dries Vanthoor BMW M4GT3 PRO 2:01.7241 0:00.8422
6 65 Sportsbet Team MPC Chaz Mostert Audi R8 LMS Evo 2 PAM 2:01.8694 0:00.9875
7 74 The Bend Motorsport Park / MPC Mattia Drudi Audi R8 LMS Evo 2 PRO 2:02.2197 0:01.3378
8 46 Team WRT Maxime Martin BMW M4GT3 PRO 2:02.5083 0:01.6264
9 44 Valmont Racing Aaron Cameron Mercedes Benz AMG GT SIL 2:02.5482 0:01.6663
10 77 Mercedes-AMG Craft-Bamboo Daniel Juncadella Mercedes-AMG GT3 PRO 2:03.0311 0:02.1492
Old 4 Feb 2023, 16:06 (Ref:4142655)   #184
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That top ten shootout session was fantastic, amazing how fast Engel was able to go and under such pressure too. Mies did a 1:59.3 in an unrestricted Audi R8 4 and a bit years ago and here we are seeing 2:00.8 in a "GT3 Spec" Mercedes. Its quite something.

As for the Mercedes i cant see them not winning the race. They seem to be an almost unstoppable car in GT3 races. Still, we thought this in the Gulf 12 hours and both Gruppe M cars retired early with mechanical problems.
Old 4 Feb 2023, 18:37 (Ref:4142673)   #185
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
anyone got links for live stream and also live timing please?
(The Aussie event site says RLM should have audio and video but it's audio only at present.)

EDIT - livestream on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfS3OXbrpdU

still need timing screen TIA.
Old 4 Feb 2023, 18:44 (Ref:4142674)   #186
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
timing
https://www.bathurst12hour.com.au/live-timing/

Live stream video is on bathurst12hour and gtworld YT pages
Old 4 Feb 2023, 18:53 (Ref:4142676)   #187
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
6C at the moment but will warm up as the sun comes up and 26 forecast by lunchtime. A bit chilly at the moment.
Old 4 Feb 2023, 18:54 (Ref:4142677)   #188
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spotter guide
https://spotters.guide/
Old 4 Feb 2023, 18:55 (Ref:4142678)   #189
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Green, green, green!
Old 4 Feb 2023, 18:58 (Ref:4142680)   #190
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWRv12 View Post
timing
https://www.bathurst12hour.com.au/live-timing/

Live stream video is on bathurst12hour and gtworld YT pages
THANKS !
Old 4 Feb 2023, 19:00 (Ref:4142681)   #191
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
What are the green dots behind driver name?
Old 4 Feb 2023, 19:15 (Ref:4142682)   #192
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Those dots don't appear on the full live timing screen, not sure of their significance. Huge gap developing behind Farfus in P5.
Old 4 Feb 2023, 19:18 (Ref:4142683)   #193
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Those dots don't appear on the full live timing screen, not sure of their significance. Huge gap developing behind Farfus in P5.
Talbot train choo-chooing down the track.

Haas punted into T3.
Old 4 Feb 2023, 19:18 (Ref:4142684)   #194
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
#74 in the wall after contact
Old 4 Feb 2023, 19:26 (Ref:4142685)   #195
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
Talbot train choo-chooing down the track.
I'm guessing that Mostert will jump in soon, Talbot is a bronze.
Old 4 Feb 2023, 19:27 (Ref:4142686)   #196
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
#74 in the wall after contact
Padayachee in the Valmont #44 was on the inside and the #74 turned in on him.
Old 4 Feb 2023, 19:36 (Ref:4142688)   #197
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
The #74 Pro entry Audi car is out for the day after the contact. Too much damage after a fair hit with the wall.
The only full Pro Audi gone.
Old 4 Feb 2023, 19:40 (Ref:4142689)   #198
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
I'm guessing that Mostert will jump in soon, Talbot is a bronze.

Chaz has the helmet on getting ready. I think Talbot just dropped it off the track at the Chase but continued, dropping a spot in the process.
Old 4 Feb 2023, 19:40 (Ref:4142690)   #199
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
What are the green dots behind driver name?
They mean the car has crossed the control line since the leader last came past.
Old 4 Feb 2023, 19:43 (Ref:4142691)   #200
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm a bit surprised this race has such a following. Considering how extremely tight it is up on the mountain (looks fun to drive, but impossible to pass), and you loose so much going off line, all the passing I've seen is when they're not uphill.

Also, this is the first time I've caught the start, and I think I've seen more passing in the first 30 minutes than I've ever seen in earlier years when I've checked in later. I wonder if that's because they had no marbles on the off line yet?