Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 2 Jul 2020, 11:59 (Ref:3985090)   #6551
Redshift
Rookie

Redshift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
For those 11 and 12 laps he was under no pressure. It’s when the drivers behind started to catch he made the mistake. He’s not a bad driver, but nowhere near a top driver unfortunately
Any driver, even a top one, can make a mistake when under pressure, case in point Sebastian Vettel in the 2011 Canadian GP.
Old 2 Jul 2020, 12:07 (Ref:3985092)   #6552
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshift View Post
Any driver, even a top one, can make a mistake when under pressure, case in point Sebastian Vettel in the 2011 Canadian GP.

Comparing apples and oranges. Neate isn’t a champion, his best finish is sixth and he’s thrown away a good few results elsewhere too. Are you seriously suggesting Neate is better than his results show?
Old 2 Jul 2020, 12:20 (Ref:3985095)   #6553
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I think Neate can be quick, he outqualified Plato in the MG at least once, but he's erratic. I think his massive shunt at Brands Hatch exiting Graham Hill when he collected I think two other cars kinda showed that maybe the BTCC isn't quite "his" level.
Matt Jackson caused an accident at Brands Hatch that resulted in wiping out considerably more than just 2 cars, yet I wouldn't say BTCC wasn't his level. I would rate him as one of the best not to have won the overall championship.
Any driver can have a moment and take out other cars.
Thankfully Simpson has hung up his helmet. I have always felt sorry for any driver who is sat near him on the grid, you can almost guarantee they are going off trying to avoid his moments which can occur at any point during each race, sometimes more than once.
This year is the first that I am aware of that Neate has got any real testing done. He solidly worked his way through with the RS and now with his new car. As far as I am aware all good solid test sessions with no mishaps. He may not be up the speed of his team mates who have more recent experience, but I don't see his average current finishing place slipping.
Old 2 Jul 2020, 12:27 (Ref:3985096)   #6554
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJones View Post
Bert's certainly been smashing out those sponsorship request emails (grammatical errors inclusive), one BTC driver down...
Well maybe, maybe, we'll see the available BTC TBL loaned to the Neale's for a canny Scot. All comes down to money.
Old 2 Jul 2020, 12:38 (Ref:3985098)   #6555
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS67 View Post
Matt Jackson caused an accident at Brands Hatch that resulted in wiping out considerably more than just 2 cars, yet I wouldn't say BTCC wasn't his level. I would rate him as one of the best not to have won the overall championship.
Any driver can have a moment and take out other cars.
Thankfully Simpson has hung up his helmet. I have always felt sorry for any driver who is sat near him on the grid, you can almost guarantee they are going off trying to avoid his moments which can occur at any point during each race, sometimes more than once.
This year is the first that I am aware of that Neate has got any real testing done. He solidly worked his way through with the RS and now with his new car. As far as I am aware all good solid test sessions with no mishaps. He may not be up the speed of his team mates who have more recent experience, but I don't see his average current finishing place slipping.
I think it one were to find video footage of the incident, it would be more telling. It wasnt the fact he had a crash, any driver can crash, but it was more the way he tried to recover it just looked a bit amateurish.
Old 2 Jul 2020, 12:40 (Ref:3985099)   #6556
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
The first race meeting can't come soon enough for me. Then at last we should have something proper to discuss instead of all this driver handbagging!
Old 2 Jul 2020, 13:01 (Ref:3985104)   #6557
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS67 View Post
Only once could he be termed flaky under pressure. .
he is so without pressure too

confortable 3rd place in the Arena Ford and threw it away on his own
Old 2 Jul 2020, 13:23 (Ref:3985106)   #6558
HarryBrown
Rookie

HarryBrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
he is so without pressure too

confortable 3rd place in the Arena Ford and threw it away on his own
Apart from the fact that he's much higher up the order than would usually be, we saw it with Jake hill when he almost threw his first win away at knockhill on the last lap.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Old 2 Jul 2020, 15:58 (Ref:3985135)   #6559
porsche962fan
Veteran

meanwhile any real rumors on Jordan replacement ? maybe Collard back ?
Old 2 Jul 2020, 16:03 (Ref:3985137)   #6560
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
What about James Cole? He normally had some decent backing, won in RWD but would Ticketmaster of been hit too badly in the pandemic too?
Old 2 Jul 2020, 16:18 (Ref:3985139)   #6561
Overboost
Racer

Overboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOverboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Really hope it's not Cook, not sure he's ever had the best of budgets. Don't think we need to worry about Chilton!
Sadly I believe it is Josh who's struggling. Bert has been pushing out the whole sponsorship package options to anyone and everyone.

As mentioned elsewhere in the thread, he's not the only one, someone's much anticipated return to the series is possibly in doubt. Already lost a sponsor pre-season, so is facing a battle now.

I know of a couple of others who've lost deals but have either been able to re-work other deals or are on a wing and a prayer, sadly.
Old 2 Jul 2020, 16:39 (Ref:3985140)   #6562
HarryBrown
Rookie

HarryBrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like the hybrid Corolla was out doing a bit of testing today

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Old 2 Jul 2020, 17:43 (Ref:3985146)   #6563
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote from Alan Gow in Autosport today - "I would expect by the time we go racing in August we will see three or four cars drop off out of the field."

Last edited by redshoes; 2 Jul 2020 at 17:50.
Old 2 Jul 2020, 18:00 (Ref:3985147)   #6564
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well if we start with 20 plus cars they will be doing well, hope it will be more but fear the worse.
Old 2 Jul 2020, 18:31 (Ref:3985161)   #6565
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overboost View Post
Sadly I believe it is Josh who's struggling. Bert has been pushing out the whole sponsorship package options to anyone and everyone.

As mentioned elsewhere in the thread, he's not the only one, someone's much anticipated return to the series is possibly in doubt. Already lost a sponsor pre-season, so is facing a battle now.

I know of a couple of others who've lost deals but have either been able to re-work other deals or are on a wing and a prayer, sadly.
Damn, losing half of last year's top 4 would be a big blow.

Guess that's Mat then.
Old 2 Jul 2020, 19:01 (Ref:3985167)   #6566
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Quote from Alan Gow in Autosport today - "I would expect by the time we go racing in August we will see three or four cars drop off out of the field."
will Lord Gow be mercyful or wil he ruthlessly strip all TBLs back
Old 2 Jul 2020, 19:02 (Ref:3985168)   #6567
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Reminds me too much of 09-10 when many top drivers were struggling for deals. Then again we had a great season in 2009 and some close action in both, so all is not lost
Old 2 Jul 2020, 19:09 (Ref:3985169)   #6568
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
Reminds me too much of 09-10 when many top drivers were struggling for deals. Then again we had a great season in 2009 and some close action in both, so all is not lost

Old 2 Jul 2020, 19:49 (Ref:3985173)   #6569
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overboost View Post
noooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooo not the fastest ginger

worst racing news of the wint... off sea.... break.
Old 2 Jul 2020, 19:54 (Ref:3985175)   #6570
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
No one. Two car team.
Old 2 Jul 2020, 19:56 (Ref:3985177)   #6571
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJones View Post
No one. Two car team.
then Turkington will be uncontested no 1 WSR driver (again)
Old 2 Jul 2020, 20:35 (Ref:3985185)   #6572
Redshift
Rookie

Redshift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Comparing apples and oranges. Neate isn’t a champion, his best finish is sixth and he’s thrown away a good few results elsewhere too. Are you seriously suggesting Neate is better than his results show?
Obviously I need to spell it out for you in simpler terms.
A four time world champion can make a mistake when under pressure which proves it can happen to anyone.
Old 3 Jul 2020, 08:10 (Ref:3985235)   #6573
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
then Turkington will be uncontested no 1 WSR driver (again)
And I'd say Turkington-Oliphant duo seems rather underwhelming given how good the car is. Lack of AJ will be very much discernible.
Old 3 Jul 2020, 08:21 (Ref:3985236)   #6574
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
And I'd say Turkington-Oliphant duo seems rather underwhelming given how good the car is. Lack of AJ will be very much discernible.
A 4-time and reigning champion, in a car that took the constructors' title in it's first season winning 11 races is an underwhelming prospect?
Old 3 Jul 2020, 08:52 (Ref:3985246)   #6575
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshift View Post
Obviously I need to spell it out for you in simpler terms.
A four time world champion can make a mistake when under pressure which proves it can happen to anyone.
And let me spell this out. You can't compare a four time champion making one mistake under pressure compared to someone who hasn't even stood on a BTCC podium makeing several mistakes under pressure