Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One > Predictions Contest & Fun

View Poll Results: Round One - Ferrari F2004 vs Cooper T86
Ferrari F2004 5 55.56%
Cooper T86 4 44.44%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 28 Apr 2021, 16:04 (Ref:4048310)   #1
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The COAT - Round One - Ferrari F2004 vs Cooper T86

For the seventeenth match in Round One, we have another battle of results vs looks. The Ferrari F2004 vs The Cooper T86.

Ferrari F2004 (drivetribe.com):
How do you follow up a car as successful as the F2002? Pretty simple really, the F2004. Excluding a retirement at Monaco, Schumacher was able to win 12 of the first 13 races of the season. Barrichello supported him in the best way possible, he only achieved 2 wins in the year, but got 14 podiums.

The F2004's legacy in the sport continues to live on as it still [as of 2018] holds numerous records at current circuits. Albert Park, Hungaroring and Monza are just a few of the circuits where the car still holds the fastest lap.

Cooper T86 (formula1.com):
Cooper were constructors who ripped up the rulebook, sparking a rear-engined revolution in 1958 – but by 1967 they were no longer the same force.

Derrick White’s Cooper T86 was menacing, with exposed tailpipes emanating from its screaming V12 Maserati, a monstrous scoop at the front and massive wheels from which its chassis hung low, like a venomous beast. The space-age-alloyed monocoque immediately proved to be lighter and faster than the T81's.

Yet all blame for this car's poor reliability and pace went to the ageing Maserati tipo. Jochen Rindt was reportedly so fed up with the lumbering engine that he deliberately over-revved it at the United States Grand Prix, just to blow it up. The story goes that team manager Roy Salvadori overheard his guilty admission and immediately showed Rindt the door.

That season signalled the beginning of the end for one of F1’s most storied teams. While the T86 looked the part, it couldn’t live up to its predecessors.

Old 28 Apr 2021, 16:12 (Ref:4048314)   #2
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Of interest - in comparison with the GOAT debate. Many times it has been said that Schumacher was only as successful as he was because of the car and his unchallenged #1 status. Is the F2004 the epitome of that?

15 of 18 wins, 29 podiums in 18 races. Only two retirements, both from collisions. This was also the car driven by Mick Schumacher at the Tuscan GP 2020.
Old 28 Apr 2021, 18:20 (Ref:4048342)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
On looks, for me, the Cooper has it easily (as a one time simracer weaned on GPL that would be the case for any car of that time), but the Ferrari has to get the vote.
Old 28 Apr 2021, 18:38 (Ref:4048351)   #4
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
The Coop' for inspiration, almost an icon. My vote wont change the result but happy to cooperate!
Old 1 May 2021, 10:48 (Ref:4048907)   #5
merak1974
Racer

Norway
Oslo
merak1974 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why was the Cooper-Maserati T86 picked instead of the similarly looking, but much more successful T81 it succeeded?
Old 1 May 2021, 11:05 (Ref:4048912)   #6
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by merak1974 View Post
Why was the Cooper-Maserati T86 picked instead of the similarly looking, but much more successful T81 it succeeded?
Results are not the only factor that could be used to decide what is the best car.
I took nine different sources to determine the bracket, one of these was an article titled '10 F1 cars we wish were as quick as they looked' which included the T86 in their list.

I will ensure the T81 is included later in Round One as an alternative to vote for.
Old 1 May 2021, 12:08 (Ref:4048952)   #7
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
The F2004 obviously
Old 1 May 2021, 14:37 (Ref:4049016)   #8
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
The F2004 obviously
For what reason?
The voting is close between these two - and the Cooper would get my vote on looks.....
Old 1 May 2021, 15:16 (Ref:4049025)   #9
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Um, it was more successful? Isn’t that obvious enough?
Old 1 May 2021, 18:24 (Ref:4049065)   #10
merak1974
Racer

Norway
Oslo
merak1974 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Results are not the only factor that could be used to decide what is the best car.
I took nine different sources to determine the bracket, one of these was an article titled '10 F1 cars we wish were as quick as they looked' which included the T86 in their list.

I will ensure the T81 is included later in Round One as an alternative to vote for.
Fair enough
Thanks.