Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 2 May 2021, 11:21 (Ref:4049176)   #2476
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Link to todays Shelsley action

https://youtu.be/Q3xbSyily58

First runs for Graham's class have been run, but start about 1hr 10 minutes in from the start of the stream link,
Looks like a beautiful day at Shelsley
Old 2 May 2021, 19:14 (Ref:4049263)   #2477
911thillclimber
Veteran

911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great day today, car was fab, the hill was fab, the weather? Fab, Driver nearly fab!
a pair of 32.4's and over the line at 101 mph, car rock steady.
Back home in one iece, knackered but a wonderful weekend for us at 'Team Lola'.
Next race is at my favorite hill, Loton Park on May 15/16th so time for my 2nd jab, the dentist, the car washing and hacking down the lawn.
First though will be cleaning this wonderful little Lola.

https://youtu.be/Q3xbSyily58?t=17473
Old 4 May 2021, 06:53 (Ref:4049539)   #2478
911thillclimber
Veteran

911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
In conjunction with Live Stream there is a really good site called Resultsman available on google etc.
It is put together real time by Roger Warren who does all the hillclimb meetings in the Midlands.
Shelsley has a lot of measurements on the hill, speeds obviously, and you can readily see where you are to your classmates.

My starts were weak, I was @ 2.2 secs, should be close to 2.
Speed into the Esses and the time through them are a real measure how you are doing. The Skoda was miles faster than everyone!
I was a second slower through there, but I was second fastest across the finish line, 101 mph, the Metro 116, others slower.

Food for thought.
Conclusion?
Still 'must try harder at all subjects'!
Old 14 May 2021, 15:05 (Ref:4051671)   #2479
911thillclimber
Veteran

Loton Park this weekend in a class of 5.
Going to be murder!
The Skoda, the Fiesta, The MiniEvo, the V8 NG and me.
Fat chance of me getting above 4th unless someone doesn't turn up or breaks.
Took the car up to the hill today, warm and sunny, weekend weather is the opposite, so rain to be added to the mix.

Still, we are there even if the meeting is very much under the cosh of Covid.
Terrible parking position in the paddock, the worst spot in the place..typical!
Old 14 May 2021, 16:07 (Ref:4051679)   #2480
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Yes light rain and showers announced Sat and Sun, rather cold too c14° C.
Old 15 May 2021, 16:33 (Ref:4051807)   #2481
911thillclimber
Veteran

Saturday practice at Loton was simply wet, wet, WET and raining.
Drowned all day, sunny driving home...
Crept up the hill very very slippy, dirty, muddy and just ...wet.

Tomorrow promises to be the same.
Skoda no show due to a sick engine so 4 in the class. Fiesta driver is a National Rally Cross champion and he loved it.

But, so far, all in one piece.
Old 15 May 2021, 16:46 (Ref:4051809)   #2482
911thillclimber
Veteran

Old 16 May 2021, 11:14 (Ref:4051891)   #2483
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Live stream (sic!) for todays action at Loton Park: (Having made that comment re the live stream and the weather it appears to be mainly dry today.)

https://youtu.be/v2Cpfel2gx8
Old 16 May 2021, 12:58 (Ref:4051902)   #2484
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hope it goes ahead. Wiscombe has been cancelled.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 16 May 2021, 15:22 (Ref:4051919)   #2485
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Hope it goes ahead. Wiscombe has been cancelled.
Yes I heard about Wiscombe. Loton is definitely going ahead.... I have been watching the live stream.

It was dryish in the morning but in relation to this thread there is currently a red flag, as one of Graham's class competitors, the NG V8 has had a spin on the hill and brought out a red flag. To coincide I saw the Lola sat on the line waiting to go next with an umbrella overhead as the rains started. There is discussion going on about oil on the track which caused the NG to spin.

Red flag still out as the track is cleared and looks like cement dust going down.

Just what Mr 911 HC will want to know as he is sat waiting to run next!
Old 16 May 2021, 15:27 (Ref:4051923)   #2486
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yes a caption is on screen of the live stream saying a short delay whilst an oil spillage is cleaned up.

The rain looks to have eased a bit but the Lola is still on the start line under an umbrella.

Good time to click on the stream link and watch the Lola run any minute now.https://youtu.be/v2Cpfel2gx8
Old 16 May 2021, 16:48 (Ref:4051937)   #2487
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks for the working link, Dave… Seeing this I remember why I could not appreciate hill climbing its way too dangerous! Brave drivers.
Old 16 May 2021, 19:00 (Ref:4051957)   #2488
911thillclimber
Veteran

Quite a day.
2 drivers taken to hospital both on back boards and some serious car damage.
The 4 car class easily split into 2.
The Fast Pair (Evomini and Fiesta) and the Slow Pair, Nigel and I.
The Evomini won both runs.

I took the first this morning in sunshine but the track was very patchy, but i.4 secs ahead of the NGV8.
Second run Nigel went off ahead of me at Hall left hander smashing the car's oil cooler into the bank dropping a lot of oil, about 4 litres....

I sat on the start line in the drizzle that became rain shortly then sun and with nothing to loose cruised up the hill to take the 2nd run in my 'small' class section.

Miles off my pb of 55.33, 1st run was 63.58 and the second was 67.09.

The last of the Top !2 saw the hillclimb champ return a stunning 43 second run! That is quick.

All in all one to sort of forget, they come along like that and we are home intact and undamaged.

Shelsley in 2 weeks time!
Old 19 May 2021, 12:07 (Ref:4052252)   #2489
911thillclimber
Veteran

Took 5 hours to clean the car of Loton Muck ready for a dry Shelsley.

Not sure yet who is in the class, must be the Metro, doubt the Skoda will be ready and my old class sparing partner Nigel in his NGV8 is taking the rest of the year off in a sudden change of mind.

Old 3 Jun 2021, 16:02 (Ref:4054457)   #2490
911thillclimber
Veteran

Shelsley for the weekend!
Just 4 of us in this British hillclimb Championship round, all of them with 3 times my bhp!
So, think I know where I will finish unless they all break.

Should be live streaming if anyone interested. The Lola is car 78.
Old 5 Jun 2021, 17:24 (Ref:4054728)   #2491
911thillclimber
Veteran

Great practice day at Shelsley.
We are just 3 drivers in the class, and predictably I'm the slowest.

The Metro and the Mini are very close, the edge going to the Mini.
For the Lola a decent 1st run of 34.24/2.21 start and 98 mph finish.
2nd pract ice much better @ 32.63/2.21/98 mph (!)

The others were 29/28 secs and sub 2 second starts and 18 mph faster over the line.

Lovely day, great class mates, good banter and I have a red nose.
More sun block tomorrow!
Old 5 Jun 2021, 17:27 (Ref:4054729)   #2492
911thillclimber
Veteran

Old 5 Jun 2021, 17:27 (Ref:4054730)   #2493
Malcolm Smith
Veteran

Malcolm Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911thillclimber View Post
Shelsley for the weekend!
Just 4 of us in this British hillclimb Championship round, all of them with 3 times my bhp!
So, think I know where I will finish unless they all break.

Should be live streaming if anyone interested. The Lola is car 78.

Enjoyed the live stream, especially seeing the Lola in action.
Great selection of cars.
Fabulous to see Richard Swindall still competing aged well over 80, in his Elan, a car which I remember in Scotland from the late 80s / 90s and has been his from new.
Old 5 Jun 2021, 17:46 (Ref:4054732)   #2494
911thillclimber
Veteran

https://youtu.be/69Dzn3f9gh8?t=7807
Old 6 Jun 2021, 06:44 (Ref:4054801)   #2495
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
>>>The Metro and the Mini are very close, the edge going to the Mini.

You make them sound so mundane but wow! What cars.

Have a great day today.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 6 Jun 2021, 11:51 (Ref:4054824)   #2496
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Live stream link for today..... https://youtu.be/HCc9oKFAu-Q
Old 6 Jun 2021, 19:16 (Ref:4054981)   #2497
911thillclimber
Veteran

A wet track welcomed us this morning, and a wet Shelsley is a dangerous place as several found out.
Still the BBC were almost right and the day dried to sunny, over cast, very sunny with tha light breeze.

The Metro did not take the first timed run this morning so just the mini and the Lola. The hill got slippier as you ascended it so with nothing to loose took a gentle approach to a 37.
The Mini was well ahead, but slower too than yesterday with an iffy fuel pump making it harder.
Several competitors were not so cautious and paid heavy prices with considerable mechanical damage.

The track dried more and the second timed runs this afternoon were good but top esse was still awkward so the 3 of us set off in hope!

The 6R4 was just ahead of the Mini and after a very good missed gear I came in 3rd and last with a miserable 33 something.
It's all in the Live Stream!

However, a nice weekend of real hill climbing, really nice class mates and good weather all made for a top meeting and got home all intact.

Loton next week end, Prescott 'Porsche special day' the weekend after and then a long break for the summer hols.

The car is going well with the odd Operator Error, but so nice!
Old 10 Jun 2021, 12:04 (Ref:4055526)   #2498
911thillclimber
Veteran

Live Stream should be working at Loton this weekend, Lola is car # 76 for those how follow the meeting which is a round of the midland hillclimb Championship.
We are merged with the Under 2L mob, so bound to get duffed-up by the Young Kids.
Old 11 Jun 2021, 13:44 (Ref:4055728)   #2499
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911thillclimber View Post
Live Stream should be working at Loton this weekend, Lola is car # 76 for those how follow the meeting which is a round of the midland hillclimb Championship.
We are merged with the Under 2L mob, so bound to get duffed-up by the Young Kids.
Good luck with everything this weekend Graham.... nice pic btw, the Lola on pole! (Looks like Prescott with Ettore's hairpin behind the cars?)
Old 11 Jun 2021, 16:12 (Ref:4055755)   #2500
911thillclimber
Veteran

Very close!
'Pardon' hairpin is off to the right.
Great track, lots of curves and bends so suits me and the car.

We have Loton this weekend, and a one day at Prescott next weekend.

3 races in a row, car and 'driver' will never keep up!