Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 30 Apr 2021, 07:51 (Ref:4048611)   #251
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
The boy knows pop will be paying for him to spin around for a while yet.
Is it part of a devious plot from the Liberty Media mob to bring focus to the pageantry that is car spinning?

Now if they could coordinate Mr Schumacher and Mr Mazepin to do synchronised spinning...

...that would make for better teev than say Dancing With The Stars
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 1 May 2021, 02:42 (Ref:4048858)   #252
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It seems he hasn’t spun today. That’s 57 laps of non spinning. Excellent. Well done.
Old 1 May 2021, 04:32 (Ref:4048870)   #253
2 litre Touring Car Star
Veteran

Australia
2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinghio44 View Post
The point is that Schumacher made a silly mistake and drop 4 position after 4 laps. Haas is the worst car to make a day view in F1 and yes we can forgive mistakes by young drivers in a wet race. But no, I'm sorry for me that mistake by Schumacher under safety car was embarassing! It can happen, but still embarassing.

At the end of the day I would be more disappointed by Schumacher race while Mazepin race under no real expectation. And lap times by Mick weren't bad after the restart and that's only more frustrating. At the end of the day stil a 16th and 17th place for both
I agree with you. Schumacher is a first year driver and a genuine rookie. But in that race you have to treat him like a "big boy" proper professional driver.

These chaotic races are the best opportunity for Haas to score points. There may not be another chaotic race to take advantage of for the rest of the year.
Old 2 May 2021, 16:45 (Ref:4049231)   #254
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Not good today. Ignoring blue flags, nearly took out the leader, 45 seconds off Schumacher. There comes a point where you need to ask. Should he get the Yuji Ide treatment? Its not that i have a particular issue with Mazepin, i just dont see much difference between what Yuji Ide did in F1 & Mazepin now tbh.
Old 2 May 2021, 16:51 (Ref:4049234)   #255
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
He was last by the best part of a minute, ignored 5 blue flags with the race leader almost running into him, and gets a 5 second penalty. What sort of punishment is that? Absolutely meaningless and will teach him nothing.
I would have black flagged him and parked him in the garage. I hope he got a bunch of demerit points I am not aware of.
Old 2 May 2021, 17:13 (Ref:4049249)   #256
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
He was last by the best part of a minute, ignored 5 blue flags with the race leader almost running into him, and gets a 5 second penalty. What sort of punishment is that? Absolutely meaningless and will teach him nothing.
May be the team principal of the Uralkali team should learn his favorite word in russian: tpaxatb I think…
Old 2 May 2021, 17:38 (Ref:4049251)   #257
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Daddy Mazepin is about to buy Haas out disclosed today as a strong rumour by Ted Kravitz. Mazepin is here to stay!
Old 2 May 2021, 18:52 (Ref:4049256)   #258
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
He didn’t spin though.
Old 2 May 2021, 18:57 (Ref:4049257)   #259
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Daddy told him not to Adam.
Old 2 May 2021, 19:02 (Ref:4049261)   #260
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
Daddy Mazepin is about to buy Haas out disclosed today as a strong rumour by Ted Kravitz. Mazepin is here to stay!
And Steiner is totally denying it..... so its probably got some legs as a story. Interestingly Steiner also happened to say Carl Haas was attending the Portugese GP. I think the implication was that CH was there because he is still interested in F1 and keen to be involved for a good while yet.... but he just as likely could have been at the race to have a chat about a deal with Mazepin Snr.
Old 2 May 2021, 19:16 (Ref:4049264)   #261
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
E.B I cannot see Haas pouring money into the last grid places every GP, when Mazepin's Dad has offered to buy him out and is the major sponsor.
Old 2 May 2021, 19:53 (Ref:4049268)   #262
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It did help Hamilton a lot that Perez lost time there, and Mazepin did a lot of testing for Mercedes and Mercedes powered teams(Force India,Racing Point)....
Old 2 May 2021, 19:54 (Ref:4049269)   #263
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
presumably it’s far cheaper for dad to buy teams than it is to have him in the family business and pay to clean up his mistakes...
Old 2 May 2021, 19:58 (Ref:4049270)   #264
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
And Steiner is totally denying it..... so its probably got some legs as a story. Interestingly Steiner also happened to say Carl Haas was attending the Portugese GP. I think the implication was that CH was there because he is still interested in F1 and keen to be involved for a good while yet.... but he just as likely could have been at the race to have a chat about a deal with Mazepin Snr.
So rumours of Carl Haas ‘ passing some years ago are exaggerated ?!
Old 2 May 2021, 20:45 (Ref:4049278)   #265
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post
It did help Hamilton a lot that Perez lost time there, and Mazepin did a lot of testing for Mercedes and Mercedes powered teams(Force India,Racing Point)....
I saw it more down to incompetence of the driver rather than a conspiricy to help the engine supplier of a car that he once drive.
Old 2 May 2021, 21:30 (Ref:4049294)   #266
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
what a theory!
Old 2 May 2021, 21:33 (Ref:4049295)   #267
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
I think you meant Gene Haas
Old 2 May 2021, 23:50 (Ref:4049310)   #268
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Mazepin and Mercedes both start with "M". Case closed. No more discussion needed!

Richard
Old 3 May 2021, 05:55 (Ref:4049330)   #269
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I think you meant Gene Haas
Yes I realised my error a while later but it would not allow me to edit.... apologies.
Old 3 May 2021, 08:57 (Ref:4049341)   #270
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
I saw it more down to incompetence of the driver rather than a conspiricy to help the engine supplier of a car that he once drive.
I agree. While I don't feel a lapped car needs to necessarily just move out of the way of a lead car, I do feel that if the lead car shows it's nose to a lapped car, it has right of way. Mazepin almost caused a collision due to his incompetence. He turned in as if Checo wasn't there
Old 3 May 2021, 09:17 (Ref:4049354)   #271
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I agree. While I don't feel a lapped car needs to necessarily just move out of the way of a lead car, I do feel that if the lead car shows it's nose to a lapped car, it has right of way. Mazepin almost caused a collision due to his incompetence. He turned in as if Checo wasn't there

This is patently untrue. The regulations are quite clear that a backmarker must allow those lapping them, or even a much, much faster car attempting to pass (at the discretion of the marshals, who should be able appreciate the situation), must allow the car through within 3 corners. And this will be indicated to them by the marshals showing the driver the waved blue flag. If they fail to yield after being shown the flag three times, they can and should be penalised.
Old 3 May 2021, 14:10 (Ref:4049407)   #272
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
This is patently untrue. The regulations are quite clear that a backmarker must allow those lapping them, or even a much, much faster car attempting to pass (at the discretion of the marshals, who should be able appreciate the situation), must allow the car through within 3 corners. And this will be indicated to them by the marshals showing the driver the waved blue flag. If they fail to yield after being shown the flag three times, they can and should be penalised.

I never said anything about the regulations, I was offering my opinion on the etiquette of being lapped. Personally I feel the best drivers should be able to find their own way past lapped backmarkers, but the backmarkers should give way when they are being passed, which is what Mazepin did not do. I know the rules say differently, but it doesn’t mean I necessarily agree with it. After all Senna was a master of getting through backmarkers.
Old 3 May 2021, 15:45 (Ref:4049428)   #273
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As an aside, it's interesting that in most prototype & sportscar racing, the instruction to the drivers is that the car being lapped should continue to drive predictably (i.e. on the racing line) and the faster car should make a pass as they would an overtake. Seems to work, is well established, and well understood. It doesn't stop them moving aside to give a free run to the faster car, and it can mean that slower cars can be reported for blocking if they're being a bit silly.
Old 3 May 2021, 16:11 (Ref:4049436)   #274
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
As an aside, it's interesting that in most prototype & sportscar racing, the instruction to the drivers is that the car being lapped should continue to drive predictably (i.e. on the racing line) and the faster car should make a pass as they would an overtake. Seems to work, is well established, and well understood. It doesn't stop them moving aside to give a free run to the faster car, and it can mean that slower cars can be reported for blocking if they're being a bit silly.

Probably helps the speed differential between classes, means most can just breeze past slower cars, but yes, I do agree with your point 100%
Old 7 May 2021, 09:34 (Ref:4050169)   #275
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
3:25 in the first session, first spin
Closed Thread