Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One > Predictions Contest & Fun

View Poll Results: Round One - Tyrrell 003 vs Jordan 191
Tyrrell 003 5 50.00%
Jordan 191 5 50.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 3 May 2021, 15:28 (Ref:4049426)   #1
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The COAT - Round One - Tyrrell 003 vs Jordan 191

For the twenty-seventh match in Round One, we have the Tyrrell 003 vs the Jordan 191.

Tyrrell 003 (snaplap.net):

The Tyrrell 003 was Jackie Stewart‘s car in the 1971 Formula 1 World Championship when he won his second title.

The 002 and 003 were the same cars as Tyrrell 001 but with redesigned nose section, narrower monocoque, and a longer wheelbase.

Jackie Stewart finished 2nd in the 1971 season-opening race in South Africa but he was driving the old Tyrrell 001. For the rest of the season, the Scottish driver drove Tyrrell 003 and won his second title. In the first race with the new car, the Spanish Grand Prix, Stewart won after a very close battle with Jacky Ickx. In the next race, the Grand Prix of Monaco, Jackie had a much easier task and scored another win, starting from pole position.

At the end of the campaign, Jackie had 62 points on his account, while Cevert finished 3rd, helping Tyrrell team to win its first and only Constructors’ championship title.

Stewart drove Tyrrell 003 in six races of 1972 Formula 1 World Championship. The car still was good enough and he won the Grand Prix in Argentina and France, while at Brands Hatch he was 2nd. Later in the season, the team switched to Tyrrell 004 and 005 but Stewart couldn’t defend his crown and finished the season as a vice-champion, losing to Emerson Fittipaldi.

In total, Jackie Stewart drove Tyrrell 003 in 16 races during 1971 and 1972, scoring 8 wins, 6 pole positions, and 5 fastest laps.

In 1971, it was proved that Ford engine was still very good. Derek Gardner proved that he is a fair designer, while Stewart was without any doubt the best driver on the grid. But the most important factor was Ken Tyrrell himself. The passion and perfectionism he had could hardly be matched with anyone’s in the history of Formula 1.

Jordan 191 (formula1.com):
The Jordan 191 is regarded as one of the most beautiful Formula 1 cars of all time, and whether or not you agree with that assessment, it’s undeniable that it is a thing of beauty.

That tall, narrow rear-wing overlooks a number of stunning details from designer Gary Anderson: those side air-intakes are flared towards the back of the car to reveal a drooping rear diffuser, while the airbox is oh-so-coolly swept forward like a wave. The front nose then curves towards a unique front wing design.

Naked carbon fibre adorned the car in testing form, before 7UP made a last-minute decision to sponsor the team – thus dressing the 191 in one of F1’s most famous liveries.

It was capable, but didn’t quite deliver on track, with Andrea de Cesaris twice taking the car to a best finish of P4 and Bertrand Gachot unceremoniously bowing out, mid-season, to give Michael Schumacher his F1 debut.

Old 3 May 2021, 16:14 (Ref:4049438)   #2
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
If you went for success alone it would be the Tyrrell, however that Jordan 191 was not only a thing of beauty, but was a quick car too and considering the team were in their first season, they did wuite well to come 5th
Old 4 May 2021, 08:38 (Ref:4049558)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That's a swine of a match up. Should be the Tyrrell but how could you possibly vote against that beautiful Jordan?
Old 4 May 2021, 13:08 (Ref:4049614)   #4
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Yes, it's a very cruel head to head. What the hell, I'll go with the 191, more because of what it achieved given the team was new and not exactly loaded with money. Jordan nearly went bankrupt at the end of the season despite the great first season
Old 4 May 2021, 15:49 (Ref:4049654)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Yes, it's a very cruel head to head. What the hell, I'll go with the 191, more because of what it achieved given the team was new and not exactly loaded with money. Jordan nearly went bankrupt at the end of the season despite the great first season
It didn't help that Schumacher was pretty much stolen from them.....
Old 4 May 2021, 17:17 (Ref:4049671)   #6
S griffin
Veteran

It was one badly written sentence that allowed him to leave
Old 4 May 2021, 17:32 (Ref:4049675)   #7
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Old 4 May 2021, 17:37 (Ref:4049676)   #8
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
It was one badly written sentence that allowed him to leave
It was someone else's sentence (Bertrand Gachot) that meant Schumacher was drafted in to start with.
Old 4 May 2021, 17:40 (Ref:4049679)   #9
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
(thejudge13.com): - [And why I would campaign for the Jordan]

Poet Laureate Robert Hass wrote, “The way in which art creates desire, I guess that’s everywhere. Is there anyone who hasn’t come out of a movie or a play or a concert filled with an unnameable hunger? … To stand in front of one of [Louis Sullivan’s] buildings and look up, or in front, say, of the facade of Notre Dame, is both to have a hunger satisfied that you maybe didn’t know you had, and also to have a new hunger awakened in you. I say “unnameable,” but there’s a certain kind of balance achieved in certain works of art that feels like satiety, a place to rest, and there are others that are like a tear in the cosmos, that open up something raw in us, wonder or terror or longing. I suppose that’s why people who write about aesthetics want to distinguish between the beautiful and sublime… Beauty sends out ripples, like a pebble tossed in a pond, and the ripples as they spread seem to evoke among other things a stirring of curiosity… Some paradox of stillness and motion. Desire appeased and awakened.”

Just as poetry can move our souls, the colour and shape and line of a beautiful piece of machinery can also move us. We can admire a car while it is sitting still and stationary, but it is only a shadow of the reality of its true self. It is when it is moving, when it is untouchable, when it is only really present in our imagination as we watch it slide through curves and corners and twitch like it is alive…then and only then is it truly beautiful. If beauty could be explained, it would most likely cease to be beautiful. It is its presence in the realm of the impossible…in the realm of the imagination. It may be only coloured pieces of metal and carbon fibre, joined together for function and not form, but it awakens in us “some paradox of stillness and motion. Desire appeased and awakened.”
Old 4 May 2021, 18:24 (Ref:4049695)   #10
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Yes some places, buildings, songs, smells, people and cars can create a deep emotion. Saying that, I dont think about many F1s but rather an Alfa Tubolare or an Aston Zagato perfect mix of elegance and aggressivity. Not a poet though…

From the images above, I wont rate neither EJ or Notre Dame!
Old 5 May 2021, 10:46 (Ref:4049801)   #11
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
It was someone else's sentence (Bertrand Gachot) that meant Schumacher was drafted in to start with.

Ok, let me be more specific. It was a badly worded sentence in Michael’s contract that allowed him to leave
Old 12 May 2021, 11:52 (Ref:4051244)   #12
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Well - I said it earlier that I would campaign for the Jordan, and so it is - my deciding vote goes for the Jordan to see it through to Round Two.
Old 13 May 2021, 11:15 (Ref:4051443)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Good man!