Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 10 Sep 2001, 17:16 (Ref:144479)   #1
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Enge in for Monza

Autosport are reporting Enge in for Monza, but that maybe Badoer for Suzuka and the other one (blank mind!) - reading between the lines though Enges got himself in and is going to stay, dont you think? If Badoer was going to run surely it would be at his home race? And Enges management must be thinking get him in their then maybe Prost cant change even if they wanted to (driver change regs etc) - especially as he is missing the last F3000 round. Surely it would have made better sense for him to contest that and then the remaining GPs and let Ferrari and Fiat get their mileage from Luca at home? I hate to say it but I think Luca is yesterdays man... like Larini when he was test driver, he will probably end up in an Alfa touring car. Shame but money talks and bull**** walks.
Old 10 Sep 2001, 17:24 (Ref:144482)   #2
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good one!

I agree with you though, this probably means that Enge will be in the car for the remainder of Luciano's recovery. I read that it will probably take a month for him to recover, which will certainly then include Indy, though it's up to him to decide. He could still be out for the rest of the season, depending on his recovery. Personally - though I've got nothing against Luca - I think this is great news for Enge, and hope he stays in the seat for as long as it takes for Luciano to recover.
Old 10 Sep 2001, 21:18 (Ref:144627)   #3
Jeanburrasca81
Racer

Jeanburrasca81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No surprise at all. As I wrote yesterday about how enthusiastic the Prost team seemed at the Enge-testings we had to expect it. I'm sorry for Luca, but Ferrari didn't want to leave him anyway, that was the reason I'd say...but who knows.

As long as Luciano returns...yes...if he returns, he has no safe seat.

Best regards,

Julian
Old 11 Sep 2001, 00:02 (Ref:144705)   #4
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
After hearing how pleased Alain Prost with Enge's test at Magny-Cours, it's no surprise that he got the drive. Luca's name was being thrown about, but in reality he was never in with a real shot, not unless Ferrari threw some weight around.

The move is good for Enge, but will also be good for the sport in the Czech Republic, who do not really have a tradition in much motor sport (except for 500cc bikes).
Old 11 Sep 2001, 00:36 (Ref:144717)   #5
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Enge confirmed

Luca lost again !
Old 11 Sep 2001, 10:58 (Ref:144846)   #6
LucaBadoer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Harrogate, N Yorks.
LucaBadoer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would like to take this opportunity to wish Tomas the best of Luck from the Luca Badoer fan site.

It's Enge's Birthday Today... Happy birthday *sigh*
Old 11 Sep 2001, 11:39 (Ref:144869)   #7
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Happy birthday, Enge !