Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 30 Jul 2011, 22:01 (Ref:2933595)   #1
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Claire's Live from the Med Thread

Ok so, just as Delta has a tea break thread, I thought I'd say Hi from the Med, half way through

Weather is fantastic (been in the 30's most days) and Rome was good because as well as the vatican and tevi etc etc I had a look in the Automobile Club of Italy, Saw the leaning tower of Pisa today (it hasnt fallen)

Cant stay too long because Ship to Shore internet costs a fortune!!! ha ha

off to Cannes tomorrow.... missing all the banter

take care now
C
Old 30 Jul 2011, 22:30 (Ref:2933618)   #2
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Funny I didn't see you Claire, as the 'Med' is only one field away from my house in the UK, You did mean the river 'Medway' I take it ?
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 31 Jul 2011, 04:42 (Ref:2933709)   #3
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireSmith View Post
Saw the leaning tower of Pisa today (it hasnt fallen)

off to Cannes tomorrow.... missing all the banter
How the other half etc etc....

Hope you had your pic taken 'holding up' the leaning tower. No one has ever done that before- so I am led to believe
Old 31 Jul 2011, 09:33 (Ref:2933812)   #4
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Hope you had your pic taken 'holding up' the leaning tower. No one has ever done that before- so I am led to believe
Good grief, I thought I was the only one to have done that!
I know that when I was there it had scaffolding around it, they took about 10 years to make it 2 deg more upright, obviously not a contract job.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 31 Jul 2011, 09:43 (Ref:2933819)   #5
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Good to hear from you Claire, but where's the Historic Racing content? We've got enough banter in Iain's thread, so being a miserable old git, I might just have to do a merge!
Old 31 Jul 2011, 10:37 (Ref:2933836)   #6
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
so being a miserable old git,
Old 31 Jul 2011, 11:07 (Ref:2933847)   #7
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Old 31 Jul 2011, 11:47 (Ref:2933859)   #8
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I would save your time John.

After all, so far as one knows, Claire's jaunt is a holiday and as such will probably have an end date.

Iain's thread, on the other hand, is a lifestyle without end.

Think 'documentary' rather than 'soap opera' ...
Old 31 Jul 2011, 12:37 (Ref:2933891)   #9
G.Walker
Racer

Scotland
G.Walker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would be more suited to trip advisor perhaps?
Old 31 Jul 2011, 14:52 (Ref:2933992)   #10
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Any way who goes on Holiday in the racing season.
Old 31 Jul 2011, 15:05 (Ref:2934002)   #11
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Good to hear from you Claire, but where's the Historic Racing content? We've got enough banter in Iain's thread, so being a miserable old git, I might just have to do a merge!
Well it's old and I raced my wife to the top. Is that enough....

Old 31 Jul 2011, 15:12 (Ref:2934009)   #12
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
It looks like one of Jon Bryant's pictures where he can't hold the camera straight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Raine View Post

Old 31 Jul 2011, 16:40 (Ref:2934071)   #13
The Flagman
Racer

The Flagman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So Claire, did Mallory get cancelled because you went on holiday or did you go on holiday because Mallory was cancelled?
Old 31 Jul 2011, 19:08 (Ref:2934146)   #14
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flagman View Post
So Claire, did Mallory get cancelled because you went on holiday or did you go on holiday because Mallory was cancelled?
Old 31 Jul 2011, 22:44 (Ref:2934228)   #15
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
I found out Mallory was cancelled while on holiday....not because of

JT dont worry this thread will end after I get back......and was in Cannes today which is just up the road from Monaco and bought a great enamalle advert of the 1937 GP (so there is your historic thread)

off to Barcelona tomorrow

Iain...I holiday when I can, was coming straight back to do Mallory then N'Berg

PS no I never got a tacky pic of me holding up the tower...though saw loads doin just that

ta
C
Old 1 Aug 2011, 07:25 (Ref:2934326)   #16
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Raine View Post

Is it an optical illusion or is the top tier slightly straighter than all the others?
ie: if the Tower was straight it wouldn't be. And could be called, The Leaning Top Tier Straightened Tower of Pisa?
Old 1 Aug 2011, 15:37 (Ref:2934559)   #17
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How many on here can say that a country put on a huge Firework display shortly after they arrived?
Old 2 Aug 2011, 16:00 (Ref:2935032)   #18
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
How many on here can say that a country put on a huge Firework display shortly after they arrived?
Normally its after I leave a country!

ok so its still hot in the med....which is good....in Gib tomorrow. I waved towards Gordon today but could hardly see Mojacar

Think I may have found another competitor for the six hour.... he is interested in doing it!!

speak soon all

tc lc
Old 2 Aug 2011, 16:26 (Ref:2935045)   #19
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I drove all the way from Alharin El Grande 10 miles south of Malaga airport down to visit Gibraltar earlier in the year some 75 miles and when I got there discovered I hadnt taken me passport duh!
Old 7 Aug 2011, 01:10 (Ref:2936772)   #20
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
I'm BAck

Hope you all had a nice holiday xx
Old 7 Aug 2011, 08:00 (Ref:2936805)   #21
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireSmith View Post
I'm BAck

Hope you all had a nice holiday xx
Wellcome home Missus
Old 7 Aug 2011, 17:44 (Ref:2936923)   #22
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
I trust you had a wonderful time Claire, I didn't see you wave the other day but that might just be my ageing eyes !
I'm stuck down here in the boiling hot weather for most of August unfortunately
Old 8 Aug 2011, 06:41 (Ref:2937043)   #23
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
I trust you had a wonderful time Claire, I didn't see you wave the other day but that might just be my ageing eyes !
I'm stuck down here in the boiling hot weather for most of August unfortunately

Its a tough job but somebody's got to do it right? ha ha

Yes thanks Gordon I did have a great time and the weather was very good. I now have to get myself ready for this weekend coming where I am off to Germany to do some clerking!!!!

as I said...its a tought job.......