Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 30 Dec 2019, 17:31 (Ref:3949095)   #1
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
DIJON MOTORS CUP

An HVM (French) organised event, will also feature HSCC Thundersports. Other grids TBA.
Old 23 Jan 2020, 18:55 (Ref:3952992)   #2
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
YTCC will join, 1 Q plus 3 races of 30 minutes each, 695 € entry for members.
Old 23 Jan 2020, 21:38 (Ref:3953010)   #3
Malcolm Smith
Veteran

Malcolm Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
YTCC will join, 1 Q plus 3 races of 30 minutes each, 695 € entry for members.
I saw this mentioned on YTCC site. Never having been to spectate at Dijon before, I am thinking of going - but there's also the YTCC visit to Charade - another circuit I haven't visited. Which would you say is best?
Old 24 Jan 2020, 08:40 (Ref:3953075)   #4
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Bonjour, Malcom Smith! Thanks for the question which almost killed me in the morning…*
Dijon is a long track, traditional, ex F1 so almost familiar for an enthusiast having seen many pics or vids before. Its rather easy to walk inside the track to change the point of view.
Charade is another story because its only a portion of the original track, twisty, walking around is almost impossible, you've to find a spot to see several curves at a glance.
Around Dijon, if you like wine…*Around Charade if you like volcanos…
You will meet more english at Dijon, this meeting is more international than national but dont expect any chance with the weather forecast in October!
And if you like an answer Ã* la Mike Bell to your question, could be something like: why would you go to France?
Old 24 Jan 2020, 11:38 (Ref:3953103)   #5
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
For photo opportunities and good spectator viewing/access, it has to be Dijon. Great area of a France as well, with superb food and wine.....

And from experience seems rain can be any month!
Old 24 Jan 2020, 11:47 (Ref:3953105)   #6
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
You mean any time may be… I'm too a gran son of farmers, they say "c'est bon pour les salades et pour les vignes!" Les vins de Bourgogne sont excellents et maintenant certains Beaujolais sont fantastiques. Forget about the poor marketing done around beaujolais nouveau, please.

No, its not OT if we add that during a Motors Cup! Malcolm can speak english in any part of the paddock. And spot great cars and watch good racing. A good place to start with, is inside the Courbe de Pouas leading to the long straight.
Easier to find a convenient hôtel room in Prenois area too…
https://www.circuit-dijon-prenois.co...é-du-circuit/
Old 24 Jan 2020, 12:03 (Ref:3953110)   #7
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Mike-The-Boss asked for more info. The grids:
Colmore YTCC, Legends Cars Cup, HSCC International Historic F2, Triumph Competition & British HTGT, FIA Lurani Trophy Formula Juniors, State of Art NK GT&TC '66-81, HSCC Thundersport, F3 Classics Interseries and MAXX Formula.
Interesting at Dijon, is the vey long straight allowing the big dogs to reach around 300 kph (185 mph)…
Right, Boss?
Old 26 Jan 2020, 20:56 (Ref:3953913)   #8
Malcolm Smith
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Bonjour, Malcom Smith! Thanks for the question which almost killed me in the morning…*
Dijon is a long track, traditional, ex F1 so almost familiar for an enthusiast having seen many pics or vids before. Its rather easy to walk inside the track to change the point of view.
Charade is another story because its only a portion of the original track, twisty, walking around is almost impossible, you've to find a spot to see several curves at a glance.
Around Dijon, if you like wine…*Around Charade if you like volcanos…
You will meet more english at Dijon, this meeting is more international than national but dont expect any chance with the weather forecast in October!
And if you like an answer Ã* la Mike Bell to your question, could be something like: why would you go to France?
Thanks Gerard! I appreciate your comments about the circuits. I've now looked at YouTube videos - perhaps I should visit both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
For photo opportunities and good spectator viewing/access, it has to be Dijon. Great area of a France as well, with superb food and wine.....

And from experience seems rain can be any month!
All sounds great, although I heard about the rain - last October's meeting, when YTCC visited, looks like monsoon conditions.
Old 27 Jan 2020, 05:53 (Ref:3953946)   #9
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm Smith View Post
Thanks Gerard! I appreciate your comments about the circuits. I've now looked at YouTube videos - perhaps I should visit both.
Sounds like a plan! A visit to any of the Old / Classic French Circuits is worth doing......
Old 27 Jan 2020, 07:31 (Ref:3953950)   #10
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Just in case its impossible to make up your mind between those two, you can go to Circuit Bugatti mid October. Same organisation, but less foreign/intersting grids. Historic racing in the UK and in France sound almost the same but is "slightly" different. A little bit like Hawaï and Haïti!
Love this one, Boss?
Old 27 Jan 2020, 08:20 (Ref:3953956)   #11
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
You’re obviously on commission, Gerard!
Old 27 Jan 2020, 08:54 (Ref:3953958)   #12
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
You mean about Hawaï vahinés methinks? I know its a nice joke, well hope so… Its not that I recommend to any British, Scottish or Irish competitor to come in France, any time any track, but if I can help the venue to be a better experience I'll try my best.
Old 16 May 2020, 11:58 (Ref:3976583)   #13
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Some more news from HVM yesterday, still scheduled on time but we can expect some timetable accommodations. As to Luriani Trophy seems the grid will actually be Junior and not FIA. No big deal imo. Can someone confirm this please?
Old 17 May 2020, 15:25 (Ref:3976761)   #14
Malcolm Smith
Veteran

YTCC will not be at this event, all their planned 2020 racing has been cancelled.
Old 17 May 2020, 17:24 (Ref:3976776)   #15
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I'm tempted to say wise people… Thanks Malcolm.
Old 18 May 2020, 09:54 (Ref:3976895)   #16
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Sounds like a plan! A visit to any of the Old / Classic French Circuits is worth doing......
Agreed. Belgian ones too.

I've only raced at Dijon once, it was fantastic. a great place to watch as well.

thinking out loud . . .this could be the only decent opportunity to race the Cortina this year.

Last edited by zefarelly; 18 May 2020 at 09:59.
Old 18 May 2020, 12:15 (Ref:3976929)   #17
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Two weeks later you have Bugatti too with several Tenthers announced…
Old 2 Jun 2020, 16:54 (Ref:3979855)   #18
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Just for you, Joe, event maintained. Keep you 'Tina busy!
Old 26 Sep 2020, 11:22 (Ref:4006355)   #19
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Now cancelled.