Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 4 Sep 2015, 17:54 (Ref:3571410)   #26
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
You're much cleverer than me Mr Bell, I can never find anything useful on the Goodwood website, including the entry list
Had to go against better judgement and look at 'Riders and Drivers' page, and found the link to proper entry list after first two paragraphs.....
Old 4 Sep 2015, 18:26 (Ref:3571419)   #27
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan View Post
Wow
Old 4 Sep 2015, 20:19 (Ref:3571434)   #28
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Had a late notice 'call up' to do time-keeping so, rather unexpectedly, I will be there.
Old 5 Sep 2015, 06:18 (Ref:3571490)   #29
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
Had a late notice 'call up' to do time-keeping so, rather unexpectedly, I will be there.
Good for you, hope you have an enjoyable time. Don't forget to wind up your period stop watches.......
Old 5 Sep 2015, 07:31 (Ref:3571494)   #30
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cheers Mike. I'm just glad they don't class laptops as being out of period!
Old 5 Sep 2015, 07:49 (Ref:3571496)   #31
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
That entry sure does look impresive. Well done Gazza.Give us a wave when we are on the grid.
Old 5 Sep 2015, 08:11 (Ref:3571498)   #32
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Seems the Pre War race is Saturday late afternoon ,so back home for Sunday pub.

For many years Goodwood and Spa 6 hrs were the main topics on this forum with heated debates about Goodwood especially.

I am a convert in that it's the biggest show in British Historics by a large margin but still not on the level of Le Mans Classic.

Think the circuit is the difference.

The lack of interest is concerning for Historic gang.

We are taking the Pre War Works Talbots and have the 356 for Fordwater if they want it but may be a bit quick for the two Pre A's already in by their superstar chauffeurs.

Let's see if I can get away from all that dressing up stuff which I really don't understand especially the ones who ware military uniform and all the con stuff attached..People fight and die in those uniforms so it's not a game.
Old 5 Sep 2015, 10:03 (Ref:3571507)   #33
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
especially the ones who ware military uniform and all the con stuff attached..People fight and die in those uniforms so it's not a game.
With you on that John, I've always thought it disrespectful. Of course, there may be some serving or ex-servicemen who enjoy wearing their old kit (or even someone else's) but those that have very obviously come from the fancy dress shop are naff in the extreme.
Old 5 Sep 2015, 20:43 (Ref:3571634)   #34
one-two
Racer

one-two should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Think you mean chuffer John. According to the Urban Dictionary a Chuffer is a sad old git. A bit over weight due to beer, hangs out in dodgy bars, prone to boring anyone in ear shot.
Old 6 Sep 2015, 00:00 (Ref:3571680)   #35
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
I was correct the first time.
The two are very dapper and look the part.
I am the Chuffer!
Old 6 Sep 2015, 09:46 (Ref:3571800)   #36
Robert Farrell
Racer

Robert Farrell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Goodwood people should be congratulated. Managing to to assemble all six of the original Daytona Coupes in the same place at the same time is a remarkable feat.
Old 6 Sep 2015, 21:24 (Ref:3571980)   #37
Normal Bloke
Rookie

Normal Bloke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
With you on that John, I've always thought it disrespectful. Of course, there may be some serving or ex-servicemen who enjoy wearing their old kit (or even someone else's) but those that have very obviously come from the fancy dress shop are naff in the extreme.
We call them Walts (the fancy dress ones, that is). Spotting them is a true sport in its purest sense.
I prefer to simply dress well in the smartest togs I own and show the meeting the respect it deserves.
Old 7 Sep 2015, 15:02 (Ref:3572203)   #38
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
You're much cleverer than me Mr Bell, I can never find anything useful on the Goodwood website, including the entry list
It's here:

https://grrc.goodwood.com/goodwood-revival/riders-and-drivers-revival-2015

Any suggestions for GRR are gratefully accepted.
Old 7 Sep 2015, 15:07 (Ref:3572206)   #39
one-two
Racer

Link doesn't work for me unfort
Old 7 Sep 2015, 15:15 (Ref:3572208)   #40
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
The missing link returns. Maybe it's HTP is invalid.
Old 7 Sep 2015, 15:36 (Ref:3572211)   #41
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
The missing link returns. Maybe it's HTP is invalid.
Someone will post a witty response to that.....
Old 7 Sep 2015, 16:00 (Ref:3572217)   #42
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll try that again..

Quote:
Originally Posted by wewantourdarbyback View Post
It's here:

https://grrc.goodwood.com/goodwood-r...s-revival-2015

Any suggestions for GRR are gratefully accepted.
Old 8 Sep 2015, 08:37 (Ref:3572396)   #43
Will Nuthall
Racer

Will Nuthall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://cdn.gwsrv.net/wp-content/upl...IST-2.9.15.pdf

try this...
Old 8 Sep 2015, 08:51 (Ref:3572402)   #44
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Drink

Quote:
Maybe, Murray Walker turned up a few years ago in his wartime kit, and it fitted, what the hell, his Lordship still manages to pack em' in, and at a better rate than the Biggest Classic race meeting in the world..... after all Westhampnett dose rate amongst the very best of what is British, and long may it continue to do so.
Old 8 Sep 2015, 09:32 (Ref:3572413)   #45
one-two
Racer

Does anyone know if recent tragic events have caused any changes to the air displays at Goodwood?
Old 8 Sep 2015, 11:09 (Ref:3572429)   #46
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
Quote:
Originally Posted by one-two View Post
Does anyone know if recent tragic events have caused any changes to the air displays at Goodwood?
Not heard anything other than jet aircraft (i.e. the Vulcan due at Goodwood) are just restricted to flypasts not aerobatics - a flypast by the Vulcan is more than sufficient though. It had a nose wheel problem recently and I understand it has now returned to its base for repairs but they thought it should be repaired in time for Goodwood.
Old 8 Sep 2015, 14:05 (Ref:3572458)   #47
mikestow
Rookie

mikestow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Back in about 1981,I was driving up and down to Mo Gomm's workshop in Woking,to look at the rebodying of the Toj Jag RSF301,that I had recently bought from John Harper as a rolling chassis,with body panels.It had the D Type engine from a XKSS that Harper had taken out of another D Type-a Red one,but it did have the original ex crashed Rear Body assembly that Gregory had put into the Bank at Goodwood in 59,plus 2 period blank Williams And Pritchard fronts and rear panels,of which Mo was using the front only!Mo had straightened the original crunched rear panel and cut and fitted the W&P front end.I digress ,but in the corner of the shop was an area apart,and cordened off with a large blanket sheet suspended from the roof.Mo took me behind a revealed a large wooden jig frame on which,a very nice Aluminium body was being fashioned.Mo told me this was a rebirth of a Cobra Daytona destroyed in the US,but now was about to be totally resurrected.I could not quite believe it,as I had now twice been thwarted in that respect.I had tried to rebuild a BRM P25 out of the P48 Prototype Guinea Pig car in the mid 70s,which even had a 5cm special metal tubed chassis remade by BRM at Bourne,by Stan Hope and Alan Ellison,who made the originals.Doug Nye would not give it more than a Fascimile Replica status,so I sold it about three quarters done to Robs Lamplough,who still has it.The other was the Toj as no one would give me a provenance for the replacement chassis,although unable at the time ,Gil Dickson subsequently apparently did,so I sold it back to Harper.Yet one of these 5 Daytona Cobras must be the ?Restoration? I saw at Mo Gomms.It was so long ago though,that credence overcomes any doubts!!????????????????
Old 9 Sep 2015, 09:13 (Ref:3572669)   #48
jodi
Racer

United Kingdom
Northants
jodi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We won't be racing, however we are exhibiting.. So if you do go, we'll be at stand 212 near Bonhams
Old 9 Sep 2015, 10:44 (Ref:3572677)   #49
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
Ref the earlier enquiry about flying displays, there is now a timetable for them on the Goodwood site (Vulcan still included):

https://grrc.goodwood.com/goodwood-r...2015-timetable
Old 9 Sep 2015, 11:06 (Ref:3572679)   #50
HRSTR5
Racer

England
Surrey, England
HRSTR5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I see that they have a new competition this year, for Best Dressed ... and they are majoring on a celebration of the miniskirt ... Friday's weather forecast look very conducive to a good turn-out ... I see that Julian Balme is selected as a judge for Friday ... so he can stare legitimately - the rest of us better take dark glasses ...!