Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 31 Oct 2015, 20:41 (Ref:3586970)   #26
Belmondo
Racer

Belmondo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old 31 Oct 2015, 22:56 (Ref:3586998)   #27
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Fabulous first day's racing, can't wait to get back in the morning. On which point, 7 hours and I'm going out again!
Old 31 Oct 2015, 23:48 (Ref:3587007)   #28
Nick JM
Veteran

United Kingdom
South Bucks
Nick JM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was travelling up that way and popped in. Great racing but the closed wheel HSCC race saw some drama at Beckets where I was.

Ginetta's and a Midget tangled resulting in the G retiring with highly modified bodywork and although the Midge kept going it didn't look too pretty. Such a shame

I echo what everyone else has said about spectating Sillystone. It is dreadful but outside of Beckets is best.

TBH I don't know why the Classic is such an attraction for spectators. They can't see anything through the wire mesh and frankly for most of the racing there then GP circuit is too big for cars which are too slow!
Old 1 Nov 2015, 13:03 (Ref:3587190)   #29
saaben
Rookie

saaben should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As I mentioned in a previous post 1982 was my last visit and since
I've always said I wouldn't go back so yesterday I was eating humble pie.

Delicious it was too, but upon watching the first race at Becketts I thought
the distance from Maggots to Becketts had been shortened.

I'm trying not to have my rose tinted spectacles on but to me Becketts
was THE corner for the last of the late brakers. A stand on the brakes,wheel locking, do or die manoeuvre to get a good positition going down Club Straight.

I know Becketts was altered on the GP circuit but was the approach to Becketts corner changed and also the corner itself.
Old 1 Nov 2015, 15:28 (Ref:3587208)   #30
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Glad you mentioned that . I am now up to 82 different race tracks I have raced at .was changed way back in the 90 s I think . Yes I rembember you went through Maggotts flat then had a bit of a run down to becketts . Happy days . I have just had the most brilliant day today . Lots of Marshall mates to catch up with in the cafe for breakfast . The march F3 I have owned for 30 years ran brilliant and I just missed a 59 sec lap by 6/100 of a sec . Back to workshop got my push bike out and now nearly home but seem to be distracted with a few pints it hob goblin .😘.it is Halloween
Old 1 Nov 2015, 16:14 (Ref:3587211)   #31
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Glad you mentioned that . I am now up to 82 different race tracks I have raced at .was changed way back in the 90 s I think . Yes I rembember you went through Maggotts flat then had a bit of a run down to becketts . Happy days . I have just had the most brilliant day today . Lots of Marshall mates to catch up with in the cafe for breakfast . The march F3 I have owned for 30 years ran brilliant and I just missed a 59 sec lap by 6/100 of a sec . Back to workshop got my push bike out and now nearly home but seem to be distracted with a few pints it hob goblin .😘.it is Halloween
Live Timing suggested the March was going well Iain.

Hmm, Hob Goblin.

You'll have to work out which tracks/layouts you have not raced and find 18 that might be scheduled soon to get you up to 100.
Old 1 Nov 2015, 21:41 (Ref:3587275)   #32
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgeordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Missed today's finals, does anyone know who was the overall winner? cheers
Old 1 Nov 2015, 21:58 (Ref:3587286)   #33
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here you go - all the results from the meeting.

I'd like to echo what everybody else has said. A fantastic two days racing, mostly close and clean, and in some of the best weather I've experienced at Silverstone at any time of the year.

Anybody else catch the news announced at the meeting that the HSCC are starting their season at Castle Combe in 2016 to celebrate their 50th anniversary? That should produce some good racing!
Old 1 Nov 2015, 23:52 (Ref:3587328)   #34
The SpeCTator
Veteran

United Kingdom
South East - England
The SpeCTator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaholic View Post
Here you go - all the results from the meeting.

I'd like to echo what everybody else has said. A fantastic two days racing, mostly close and clean, and in some of the best weather I've experienced at Silverstone at any time of the year.

Anybody else catch the news announced at the meeting that the HSCC are starting their season at Castle Combe in 2016 to celebrate their 50th anniversary? That should produce some good racing!
Did anybody note the date of the Castle Combe meeting?
Old 2 Nov 2015, 06:37 (Ref:3587406)   #35
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's going to be the 16th/17th April
Old 2 Nov 2015, 11:01 (Ref:3587442)   #36
The SpeCTator
Veteran

United Kingdom
South East - England
Thanks Alan!

Delighted the HSCC are at Combe, groaning its the same date as Britsh GT's at Brands!
Old 2 Nov 2015, 12:44 (Ref:3587464)   #37
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This will be a great way to start the season, Combe is perfect for historics and is nearer the equator than Donington, an important consideration in April
Old 2 Nov 2015, 16:29 (Ref:3587527)   #38
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
This will be a great way to start the season, Combe is perfect for historics and is nearer the equator than Donington, an important consideration in April
Hmm.

Not much in it Colin if using centigrade temps. A bit more variable if using Fahrenheit though.

http://www.myweather2.com/Motor-Raci...e.aspx?month=4

http://www.myweather2.com/Motor-Raci...e.aspx?month=4

Combe seems to get more Precipitation days and amount.

Wind is a bit more prevalent at Combe, as is fog. Not much in it though.
Old 2 Nov 2015, 18:10 (Ref:3587556)   #39
The SpeCTator
Veteran

United Kingdom
South East - England
Its great news that HSCC is running 2 days at Combe.
Its a fantastic circuit with great spectator viewing.
Ideal for photographs too.
In some ways a bit like Goodwood without all the hassle!
Old 2 Nov 2015, 18:28 (Ref:3587565)   #40
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
What would be good get rid of those daft chicanes.
Old 2 Nov 2015, 19:21 (Ref:3587589)   #41
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The SpeCTator View Post
Its great news that HSCC is running 2 days at Combe.
Its a fantastic circuit with great spectator viewing.
Ideal for photographs too.
In some ways a bit like Goodwood without all the hassle!
Agreed, great circuit with or without the twiddly bits it's a vast improvement over Siillystone, spectators paradise particularly out at Tower. I had the misfortune? to be driven round a few years back by Tony Dolley in a very exuberant manner and the chicanes are an absolute pain in the a...
Old 2 Nov 2015, 19:43 (Ref:3587593)   #42
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan View Post
Where does that put the Thruxton Easter revival?
Old 2 Nov 2015, 20:54 (Ref:3587612)   #43
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Not happaning . Great shame
Old 2 Nov 2015, 21:15 (Ref:3587621)   #44
BG76
Rookie

England
Cambridgeshire
BG76 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBG76 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Really enjoyed another dramatic WHT weekend in the rather unseasonal conditions! Here are a few photos, hope you like them!

https://flic.kr/s/aHskoABw5D
Old 2 Nov 2015, 21:24 (Ref:3587628)   #45
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Not happaning . Great shame
That's sad news, really enjoyed the reincarnation of this event despite the freezing weather couple of years back. Spells trouble for Thruxton I fear.
great pics BG76, slightly better than my box brownie efforts!
Old 2 Nov 2015, 21:43 (Ref:3587638)   #46
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The SpeCTator View Post
Delighted the HSCC are at Combe, groaning its the same date as Britsh GT's at Brands!
And the FIA WEC at Silverstone. Cue rant about scheduling and clubs talking to each other...
Old 2 Nov 2015, 21:50 (Ref:3587643)   #47
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Probably shouldn't read too much into it, Combe is where HSCC kicked off all those years ago. Thruxton Easter Revival has built into another great event and is a thrilling circuit for drivers and spectators alike. Both circuits attract a fantastic enthusiastic crowd. Trouble is you can't do them all.

Agree about chicanes, easy to remove them and create a proper circuit for historics. My wheels fell off at the Autumn Classic thanks to chicane!!!
Old 2 Nov 2015, 22:39 (Ref:3587660)   #48
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Gutted about that date as I will be at Sillystone for the WEC.
Losing HSCC meetings at Combe and Thruxton in 2016 is a pain, for this local.
Old 3 Nov 2015, 12:42 (Ref:3587789)   #49
simonb87
Rookie

England
Stevenage
simonb87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really enjoy Combe, but am sad to have lost Thruxton - really enjoyed the challenge over the last 2 years. Easter will be very early in 2016, perhaps that is a contributory factor, but we are starting a couple of weeks later than usual.
Old 3 Nov 2015, 13:00 (Ref:3587798)   #50
Will Nuthall
Racer

Will Nuthall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaholic View Post
And the FIA WEC at Silverstone. Cue rant about scheduling and clubs talking to each other...
and the Jim Clark Revival at Hockenheim