Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 10 Apr 2004, 15:40 (Ref:935872)   #1
indycool
Veteran

indycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridindycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"500" Events

http://www.indystar.com/articles/3/136817-5623-092.html
Old 10 Apr 2004, 16:41 (Ref:935894)   #2
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That really shows just how much effort and manpower it takes to put on a first class event as big as the Indy 500 and all the support events. Thank goodness that volunteerism, is alive and well in the USA.

Its obvious that an event this big, couldn't be done without them...

Danica Patrick
Old 11 Apr 2004, 13:43 (Ref:936495)   #3
KOOLTRACY
Rookie

KOOLTRACY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can speak first hand of the efforts of the thousands of people that make up the efforts for the month of May.
I am a former participant in the half marathon (13.1 miles) road race. From the center of Indianapolis out to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway & actually being able to run on the track & back to the center of Indianapolis, the whole event is Class 1!
The race route, with the exception of the speedway is lined with people cheering you on; bands, from a Scottish Bag Piper playing "Scotland the Brave" to a wanna-be heavy metal band belting out AC/DC & Metallica tunes, it's all there.
Plenty of water stations were available & I recall a fire station having a fire hydrant/hose open one year so we could cool down.
School children line the route & I remember one young girl giving me a small checkered flag that I still have to wave as I crossed the finish line.
I always laughed too when roughly 2 miles into the run & about 11 miles we ran by this hospital...the nurses, support staff & doctors & even the odd patient would be out cheering us as we all ran by! I was always asking myself, who were watching the patients inside!?
Bottom line, Indianapolis, hold your head high...I have nothing but praise for the efforts you put forth, especially for the Indianapolis Half Marathon.
The only other race I compare this race with, is the 'Bay to Breakers" race which was always run some 2 weeks later in San Francisco.
Bottom line though, Indianapolis, I have fond memories of your hospitality...I just hope I can return one day & take part again in the half marathon.
Old 11 Apr 2004, 15:17 (Ref:936544)   #4
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good stuff, KOOLTRACY, and welcome to the forum!

Living in New York City, I'm always amazed at how many people are running marathons these days. We get well over 30,000 runners here! I don't get it myself, but if thats your thing...

Danica Patrick