Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 7 Aug 2004, 13:02 (Ref:1059293)   #1
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
'Bad' pitstops

Of the 'crashing while in them kind'...Fernandez & Mo-Nunn's parking attendants get their hands slapped with a $2.99 fine.

Quote:
Chief Mechanics Penalized For Infractions at Michigan

INDIANAPOLIS, Thursday, Aug. 5, 2004 -- IRL IndyCar Series chief mechanics Mike Sales and Don Lambert have been fined an undisclosed amount by Indy Racing League Senior Vice President of Operations Brian Barnhart for separate pit road incidents that occurred on Aug. 1 at Michigan International Speedway.

Sales, the chief mechanic for the No. 5 Quaker State Telmex Tecate Panoz G Force/Honda/Firestone, and Lambert, the chief mechanic for the No. 12 Pioneer Mo Nunn Racing Dallara/Toyota/Firestone were each penalized for violating Section 1.4(B)(7)(c) (Permitting the Car to come in contact with tires, other pit equipment and/or personnel while entering or leaving the assigned pit) and Section 4.2(A)(2)(b) (Chief mechanic is responsible for Car complying with all specifications at all times during an event) of the IndyCar Series rule book.

Sales and Lambert were placed on probation through Dec. 31, 2004.

Sales and Lambert may appeal their penalties as prescribed in Section 12.1 of the IndyCar Series Rule Book. An appeal may result in an increase, decrease or no change to the penalty.
Okay, the fine was undisclosed, and I've probably guessed the amount wrong.

Source: Motorsport.com

(Probably available at your local Autosport for a infinate amount of the same money)
Old 7 Aug 2004, 13:08 (Ref:1059296)   #2
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not unexpected.

Hopefully the teams will show a bit more sense now.
Old 7 Aug 2004, 13:35 (Ref:1059312)   #3
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, those fines seemed deserved. You just cannot allow these pit incidents to continue. Pit crews trying there best to get there cars an edge, and thats understandable, but it marred what was a very clean race.

I think the IRL and Brian Barnhart deserve some blame here though to. With only 22 cars in the race, they easily could have spread the cars when they come in the pits. I think those pits can hold 43 cars for when NASCAR is in town. So they kind of created the situation themselves.

Can the IRL fine itself?

Danica Patrick