Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 31 Dec 2020, 09:11 (Ref:4025996)   #3451
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Anybody know the French for 'gibberish'?
Charabia
Old 31 Dec 2020, 09:14 (Ref:4025997)   #3452
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Charabia
Thanks, John.
Old 31 Dec 2020, 09:14 (Ref:4025998)   #3453
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Can't help noticing the correct use of the Apostrophe there. You must be tired.
I think someone else is using his phone. Notice the "croissant" a couple of posts later.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 31 Dec 2020, 09:17 (Ref:4026000)   #3454
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Morning all . Good nights sleep after pot noodle and cup of tea. Woke up to find van covered in snow . As we get nearer Calais it’s turned to rain . 2 hours to go and we will be at tunnel then home .
I had a road trip to Northampton and back yesterday, nowhere near as glamorous
We didn't have snow but the track was iced over and start delayed. Oh and the lock froze on the workshop gate.

Safe journey Iain, look forward to seeing you when we can get back to racing again.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 31 Dec 2020, 09:19 (Ref:4026002)   #3455
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Morning all . Good nights sleep after pot noodle and cup of tea. Woke up to find van covered in snow . As we get nearer Calais it’s turned to rain . 2 hours to go and we will be at tunnel then home .
It's fine & dry up here at the moment, but the sunny morning has just given way to grey cloud so who knows?

Did you get to give the Jag a good 'PDL'?
Old 31 Dec 2020, 09:22 (Ref:4026003)   #3456
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Are we allowed to post outside our own social bubble, during a Tier Four Lockdown?
Old 31 Dec 2020, 09:25 (Ref:4026004)   #3457
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I think Gerard does, he's fluent in it!
Absolument! Vous pouvez dire charabia ou galimatias, comme il vous plaira. Je dirais même plus, éléphantaire mon cher Klaxon!

Last edited by Gerard C; 31 Dec 2020 at 09:37.
Old 31 Dec 2020, 09:39 (Ref:4026006)   #3458
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Viva, you didn't pick the right week to stop sniffing the mince pies! Its 9 PM at Melbourne…
Old 31 Dec 2020, 09:48 (Ref:4026010)   #3459
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
We had trouble finding the circuit .Sadly unloaded E Type and spent some time with their mechanic . We set sail and pushed on home . The track was in use and we could hear cars going round . Maybe I will go back sometime .
Old 31 Dec 2020, 10:03 (Ref:4026011)   #3460
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Firstly, its 9pm just about down here.... I have just poured my first glass of wine. I have a feeling Gerry Mo beat me by several hours (and drinks!)

Anyway wish you all the very best for a Prosperous, Healthy and Safe 2021.
I dare say that none of us will be doing much partying out and about .... our fireworks displays in Melbourne have been cancelled and we have all been urged to stay at home although most restrictions here in Melbourne have now been lifted.

Raise my glass to you all, both absent and present. Hopefully next year with be better all round.

Cheers for your learned, zany, eccentric but always welcome company here at HRT. I have certainly enjoyed it and learnt a lot as well. Long may it continue.

Old 31 Dec 2020, 10:12 (Ref:4026013)   #3461
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
So……… Zany Days!
Old 31 Dec 2020, 10:24 (Ref:4026018)   #3462
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hehehe just to make you all jealous as you all talk of snow and rain.... I am sat here in shorts and a t-shirt, as the sun sets on a very pleasant 25C+ day.
Old 31 Dec 2020, 12:03 (Ref:4026032)   #3463
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Firstly, its 9pm just about down here.... I have just poured my first glass of wine. I have a feeling Gerry Mo beat me by several hours (and drinks!)

Anyway wish you all the very best for a Prosperous, Healthy and Safe 2021.
I dare say that none of us will be doing much partying out and about .... our fireworks displays in Melbourne have been cancelled and we have all been urged to stay at home although most restrictions here in Melbourne have now been lifted.

Raise my glass to you all, both absent and present. Hopefully next year with be better all round.

Cheers for your learned, zany, eccentric but always welcome company here at HRT. I have certainly enjoyed it and learnt a lot as well. Long may it continue.

I was just about to reply to the above and wish you the same, but then scrolled down the page...

Quote:
Hehehe just to make you all jealous as you all talk of snow and rain.... I am sat here in shorts and a t-shirt, as the sun sets on a very pleasant 25C+ day.
I do echo your comments though so will let you off. Happy New Year to you too
Old 31 Dec 2020, 12:11 (Ref:4026038)   #3464
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Happy New Year EB. 🍷🥃🍺🍹🍸
Old 31 Dec 2020, 12:30 (Ref:4026042)   #3465
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Well we have come through all sorts of weather but now on the train under the sea . 2 hours and a nice cup of tea . Another Delta adventure draws to the end .
Old 31 Dec 2020, 12:39 (Ref:4026043)   #3466
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Welcome back. Look out for the ice.
Old 31 Dec 2020, 13:52 (Ref:4026064)   #3467
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Gutted EB, we haven't spent a Christmas & New Year in the UK for a long time and will miss the NYD swim for charity. It was 25c last year although the water was only 15c but was OK once you were in and cheered on by the huge crowd.
You never know we might just meet up next year if things calm down and you happen to be "overwintering" up the coast from us
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 31 Dec 2020, 17:56 (Ref:4026104)   #3468
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
You can still go swimming, Gordon - there's a picture in the Times today of a young lady in a swimsuit using a sledgehammer to break the ice in Loch Insh in the highlands so they could go swimming......... I think her bobble hat would have got a bit soggy, though
Old 31 Dec 2020, 18:02 (Ref:4026108)   #3469
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
You mean sloggy?
Old 31 Dec 2020, 20:36 (Ref:4026147)   #3470
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
You can still go swimming, Gordon - there's a picture in the Times today of a young lady in a swimsuit using a sledgehammer to break the ice in Loch Insh in the highlands so they could go swimming......... I think her bobble hat would have got a bit soggy, though
Years ago a load of us went skiing in Austria although none of us could ski any sense. We went for the après more than anything else and one evening we went to an indoor swimming baths. We noticed that there were thick plastic curtains that you could swim through leading into the freezing moonlit night so we ventured out. There was also an outdoor pool that was completely frozen over and one of our lot using a metal chair broke a hole in it. My other half who is up for just about anything jumped in and screamed " it's f*****g cold" (well she is a blonde" She can't be normal as she still swims in our unheated pool in Spain in the cold months and does the sea swim on New Years Day. As for me the only way that I will do it is wearing one of my different thickness wetsuits and October is the last month in the year that I will sea swim with normal trunks.
As a matter of interest how many of you 10/10thers have swam in the thermal pool at Spa ? It's brilliant with views over the town and also has an outdoor part that you can swim into.

Happy new year to all on 10/10ths
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 31 Dec 2020, 20:59 (Ref:4026149)   #3471
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Paul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Three hours remaining of 2020!

I suspect most won't be too sorry to see the back of this year. Not long to go now...

Happy New Year to all on here.

As one thread closes, another one opens. See you all on the other side in Bell's Banter!
Old 31 Dec 2020, 22:35 (Ref:4026163)   #3472
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Are we allowed to post outside our own social bubble, during a Tier Four Lockdown?

Yes, but be careful what you say.

https://alexcartoon.s3.amazonaws.com..._2020_Zoom.jpg

Tier Five is the one to be concerned about.

For now.
Old 31 Dec 2020, 23:05 (Ref:4026165)   #3473
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Yes, but be careful what you say.

https://alexcartoon.s3.amazonaws.com..._2020_Zoom.jpg

Tier Five is the one to be concerned about.

For now.
The Three Wise Men were turned away from the Inn. Well it was Quiz Night.
Old 31 Dec 2020, 23:56 (Ref:4026173)   #3474
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Ok folks, let's move to the new thread.

https://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=155801