Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 21 Dec 2020, 15:36 (Ref:4024378)   #626
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
I thought he had, and that that was the connection, so I did a Wikipedia to confirm, but I must have missed it because it did not appear to be listed, but my eye sight is failing since my local optician retired, and with restrictions, I can't get new glasses. (Well that is my excuse)

Still I solved it for the rest of you.

PS; Viv I don't mind people questioning my knowledge, as long as they don't do it too often. OK?
Thanks for the (almost) friendly warning Baub! I do think that this is my first offence anyway and doubt if you'll give me many more opportunities anyway, but I promise to watch my step.
Old 21 Dec 2020, 16:25 (Ref:4024389)   #627
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Thanks for the (almost) friendly warning Baub! I do think that this is my first offence anyway and doubt if you'll give me many more opportunities anyway, but I promise to watch my step.
Sorry Viv, I was still seething by being put right by that bloke from the colonies, in matter concerning Mike Hawthorn, you know I really hate a smart rrrs. At least he did it in private, so not as bad as your gaff.
Old 21 Dec 2020, 16:32 (Ref:4024393)   #628
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Sorry Viv, I was still seething by being put right by that bloke from the colonies, in matter concerning Mike Hawthorn, you know I really hate a smart rrrs. At least he did it in private, so not as bad as your gaff.
'Twas (to use a seasonal word) an opportunity too good to miss Baub!
Old 21 Dec 2020, 16:34 (Ref:4024394)   #629
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Super avatar, Viva, sympa, vous êtes en avance pour la nouvelle année.

Bob, dont you see a relationship between the four drivers named, F1 and Le Mans ? Of course mainly my questions are related to Le Mans, just to keep an international interests. Mostly but not all of them. Ta! An the "Hill" in question was Graham and Phill.
Old 21 Dec 2020, 17:26 (Ref:4024410)   #630
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Super avatar, Viva, sympa, vous êtes en avance pour la nouvelle année.

Bob, dont you see a relationship between the four drivers named, F1 and Le Mans ? Of course mainly my questions are related to Le Mans, just to keep an international interests. Mostly but not all of them. Ta! An the "Hill" in question was Graham and Phill.
Thanks again Gerard. I scanned that the slide of that picture at the weekend and thought I should show people what a Viva GT looks (or looked) like!
Old 21 Dec 2020, 18:55 (Ref:4024422)   #631
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
I thoroughly enjoyed racing a Magnum supposed to be a Grp1 but absolutely not compliant! Ex Jean Louis Lafosse, sponsored by Arvor.
https://www.bienpublic.com/grand-dij...ion-qui-marche NOT me on the picture…
Old 21 Dec 2020, 19:09 (Ref:4024425)   #632
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Another one just for the pleasure to ask you the question because I guess you all know the answer. So, please, smile mode on!

Hey you pussies, I was not born in Texas ya no but in another fookin state. But I can tell you that I ate a fookin cow boy each morning for the fookin breakfast. In fact "brake - fast". I hold a fookin record you'll never beat you pussies, consisting on jumping from my car! Who am I, morons?
First arrived first fookin served!
No the fookin answer is not Jumping Jack Flash!

When you'll discover my last fookin job, you'll se what a pure jewel is…

Last edited by Gerard C; 21 Dec 2020 at 19:18. Reason: J'édite si je veux quand je veux. Signé: Edith Piaf!
Old 21 Dec 2020, 20:04 (Ref:4024438)   #633
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Am I due to be elected, as this picture failed to draw any comment on the Parade.
Yes you are. That's not me.

Looks like I'm another one to question your knowledge Baub

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 21 Dec 2020, 20:23 (Ref:4024439)   #634
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Yes you are. That's not me.

Looks like I'm another one to question your knowledge Baub

Oh Lord, two Tylers?

And just when Boris says things can't get worse.
Old 22 Dec 2020, 08:20 (Ref:4024515)   #635
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Apparently our line goes all the way back to Wat. He led a revolution you know, and Tylers have been revolting ever since.

Old 22 Dec 2020, 09:50 (Ref:4024522)   #636
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Apparently our line goes all the way back to Wat. He led a revolution you know, and Tylers have been revolting ever since.

So Wat? My own ancestry goes back as far as the Battle of Hastings in 1066, in fact one of my ancestors was the last person King Arthur spoke to before he died!
He said. "Mind what you are doing with that bow and arrow, you'll have someone's eye out in a minute"
Old 22 Dec 2020, 10:45 (Ref:4024526)   #637
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think it's a good party piece you've got there Baub. You must have hundred of records to find that out, great story. Very amusing there
Old 22 Dec 2020, 11:49 (Ref:4024539)   #638
Mike Crow
Racer

Mike Crow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
So Wat? My own ancestry goes back as far as the Battle of Hastings in 1066, in fact one of my ancestors was the last person King Arthur spoke to before he died!
He said. "Mind what you are doing with that bow and arrow, you'll have someone's eye out in a minute"
Not entirely sure King Arther was at Hastings.....
Old 22 Dec 2020, 12:31 (Ref:4024545)   #639
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
My ancestors was the last person King Arthur spoke to before he died!
Breaking news!

By the way is it Arthur or Arther or more likely Harold? Never mind, French brilliantly won this battle. Another one to our credit. Ta!
Old 22 Dec 2020, 17:41 (Ref:4024615)   #640
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
And you think you will escape this one? Pffffff

I was not born in Texas ya no but in another state. But I can tell you that I ate a cow boy each morning for breakfast. In fact "brake - fast".
I hold a strange an never beaten record, consisting in jumping from my car! One part of my life is a pure gem… Who am I, you morons?

First arrived first served!
Old 22 Dec 2020, 21:09 (Ref:4024652)   #641
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
There's an unwanted connection with a recent series by bauble in an other thread.
Old 22 Dec 2020, 21:18 (Ref:4024654)   #642
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Who can find a link between an Impala, a Chevelle Malibu, a TVR and a Boeing 707?
Old 22 Dec 2020, 21:44 (Ref:4024658)   #643
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Who can find a link between an Impala, a Chevelle Malibu, a TVR and a Boeing 707?
Has a Boeing 707 ever raced at Le Mans?*

* This is a Gerard question!!
Old 23 Dec 2020, 06:19 (Ref:4024697)   #644
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Yes you can find a link between the said cars and a Boeing 707.
The brand specialized in take offs at LM is German…

So the short list is: Impala/ Chenille Malibu/TVR and Boeing 707. Na!
Old 23 Dec 2020, 06:47 (Ref:4024700)   #645
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
You're looking for a man, connoisseur in hamburgers…
Old 23 Dec 2020, 08:07 (Ref:4024704)   #646
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
You're looking for a man, connoisseur in hamburgers…
Montoya liked burgers!
Old 23 Dec 2020, 10:04 (Ref:4024720)   #647
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Me too RB! You're not looking for a driver but for an actor… Hence the Boeing. Not Tom Cruise but not far from in some aspect…
If I add "with cheese" will that help you?
Old 23 Dec 2020, 10:19 (Ref:4024726)   #648
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
The other question, you're looking for a driver. Unique "record" holder…
Old 23 Dec 2020, 10:32 (Ref:4024730)   #649
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Well, if you dont like gladiators movies…
Old 23 Dec 2020, 11:04 (Ref:4024733)   #650
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Travolta?