Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 2 Apr 2018, 16:38 (Ref:3812501)   #91
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Race 2 abandoned due to the weather.

Support races abandoned too.
Old 2 Apr 2018, 16:59 (Ref:3812508)   #92
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Must be first race meeting I have iistened to commentry on line-last I think Aintee 1955.Shame it had to be terminated early due to the weather.Glad I did not bother to go though two of my heroes made the podiums-Jamie Chadwick 3rd in F3'Flick Haigh won first GT race.May make it to Rockingham for next round
Old 2 Apr 2018, 17:08 (Ref:3812511)   #93
cbbrit
Veteran

Jersey
St. Helena, California
cbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
I don't follow GT closely but was at Oulton today . Regulars may be able to tell me why no Porsches or Ferraris - thinking about it I am not sure I have ever seen a GT race with no 911s.
And no Audis either! It's interesting that in PWC (Pirelli World Challenge) in America, with a similar # of GT3 entries, there are Porsches, Ferraris and Audis, and an occaisonal Aston Martin, but no McLarens, at least so far! Different GT3 series in different countries!
Old 3 Apr 2018, 16:19 (Ref:3812646)   #94
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Err ..the entire field? Not one had a coherent theme , or colours that complemented the shape. Close up pictures make them look great but from 30m away ? Not so much ... I prescribe a weekend spent looking at most things with Martini , Malboro, Parmalat, Gulf or Sunoco sponsorship.

I've seen worse the BTCC Levorgs have colours to match their name
Since when has British GT ever featured that?
Old 3 Apr 2018, 18:11 (Ref:3812657)   #95
Miguel
Veteran

Netherlands
GLD
Miguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMiguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This car started to look good after it got covered in dirt (more photos from Oulton Park: https://www.gt-report.com/2018/04/03...-park-gallery/)

The Barwells, Balfe McLaren and blue TF Vantage do look pretty good to me. The rest of the cars don't have anything that stands out. The TPR Bentley looks like any other Bentley.
Old 3 Apr 2018, 18:14 (Ref:3812658)   #96
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpeed-King should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpeed-King should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpeed-King should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob View Post
To be fair, there were a few very good ones in the early years... EMKA McLaren comes to mind, as does the Blue Coral and Pennzoil Porsche 911 GT1. New Castle United Lister wasn't half bad either.
Old 3 Apr 2018, 19:08 (Ref:3812667)   #97
coppice
Racer

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcoppice should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcoppice should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob View Post
I was making a wider comparison as I had assumed , mistakenly, was obvious. BTCC did use to run with GT series at same meeting , on occasion - and at least one meeting I attended , also with F3 . That was back in the day when British F3 was probably the 3rd or 4th most important single seater series in the world too.
Old 8 Apr 2018, 08:38 (Ref:3813897)   #98
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpeebee2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpeebee2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Giving full points for 4 laps behind the safety car a bit of a joke.
Old 8 Apr 2018, 23:06 (Ref:3814219)   #99
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!
Having watched the C4 highlights, have to say the race was good as ever. Well done Johnny and Flick
Old 27 Apr 2018, 16:46 (Ref:3817755)   #100
coppice
Racer

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcoppice should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcoppice should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Having enjoyed Oulton I am toying with..ahem ..the Rock this weekend . I have only seen ASCAR or whatever it was called and that was on the oval of course(and compared to the real deal it was simply dire) .

But what is Rockingham like as a spectator proposition for conventional racing ?
Old 27 Apr 2018, 17:13 (Ref:3817759)   #101
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Having enjoyed Oulton I am toying with..ahem ..the Rock this weekend . I have only seen ASCAR or whatever it was called and that was on the oval of course(and compared to the real deal it was simply dire) .

But what is Rockingham like as a spectator proposition for conventional racing ?
Mixed bag in my view (based on BTCC meetings) - on the one hand, from the grandstand you can see every part of the track with the exception of the chicane, and I also quite enjoy spending some time watching from the roof of the pit garages.

The downside is that in the grandstand you're a long way from the action, and (for good reason) you can't watch anywhere on the infield past the back of the paddock.

If taking photos is your thing it's pretty poor, the only real options that I can think of are the main straight from the garage roof, and the Tarzan hairpin through the fence at the back of the paddock.
Old 27 Apr 2018, 19:03 (Ref:3817767)   #102
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Only been once when it first opened they had an Indycar race-was not impressed.Had concidered going this weekend until I realised I would miss live TV F1;F2;FE;BTCC+supports;WTCC;NASCAR
Old 27 Apr 2018, 19:04 (Ref:3817768)   #103
coppice
Racer

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
Thanks -sort of what I feared . I will save my brass till Donington Historic next weekend !

ps What the hell were they thinking of when they built an oval in cold and damp Northants eh ?
Old 27 Apr 2018, 20:06 (Ref:3817780)   #104
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also the grandstand faces roughly noth east and the forecast is for 9C and 15mph winds from the north east!

I like the place for spectating, but even in the summer the grandstand seating is in the shade and can be quite chilly.
Old 27 Apr 2018, 20:34 (Ref:3817783)   #105
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Weather's looking dreadful for Sunday again.