Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 26 Mar 2018, 19:00 (Ref:3811053)   #271
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fausto View Post
Enzo Calderari raced late 2Ks/early'10s in the Peroni Promotion endurance series, driving a Duller BMW M3 "SuperGT"
Duller has disappeared from the racing tracks?
Old 27 Mar 2018, 01:58 (Ref:3811126)   #272
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Check this video about the infamous Whittington Brothers. Wow a movie needs to be made about these guys. Hollywood pay attention.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U8Uy_0qFuk
Thanks for sharing, that was a great recap of the Whittington Bros.
Old 29 Mar 2018, 19:51 (Ref:3811808)   #273
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrich07 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrich07 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrich07 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fausto View Post
Enzo Calderari raced late 2Ks/early'10s in the Peroni Promotion endurance series, driving a Duller BMW M3 "SuperGT"

Thanks. I remember that car.

Now Iím wondering what happened to Duller as I havenít heard anything about them for years.
Old 10 May 2018, 10:36 (Ref:3821242)   #274
JoeW04
Racer

JoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Marcel Tiemann, I know he was doing a blog after his awful crash at Imola a few years ago now but very quiet in the recent years. With it being Nurburgring 24 hours this weekend I keep seeing photos of the Manthey grello Porsche domination in the late 2000's
Old 10 May 2018, 12:14 (Ref:3821262)   #275
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeW04 View Post
Marcel Tiemann, I know he was doing a blog after his awful crash at Imola a few years ago now but very quiet in the recent years. With it being Nurburgring 24 hours this weekend I keep seeing photos of the Manthey grello Porsche domination in the late 2000's
I remember he suffered some nerve damage in that crash and that nerve damage crippled his ability to drive.
Old 10 May 2018, 13:18 (Ref:3821271)   #276
Samoan Attorney
Racer

Samoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
I remember he suffered some nerve damage in that crash and that nerve damage crippled his ability to drive.

Wikipedia gives the following summary.....

Tiemann was seriously injured in a heavy crash during an International GT Open race at Imola on May 23, 2010. Tiemann, who was driving an Audi R8, collided with another car at the rolling start and was forced into a retaining wall at high speed. He sustained brain trauma, a fractured vertebra and broken ribs in the impact, and was placed in a medically induced coma to assist his recovery. He later regained consciousness and mostly recovered, but has been unable to race since due to the neurological damage and vision problems he still suffers from as a result of the accident.

This ties in with the information that I have been told..........I believe Marcel lives in Ibiza...........he was one of the good guys............it still seems strange to think of the NŁrburgring 24 happening without him being on the grid.....
Old 11 May 2018, 05:32 (Ref:3821434)   #277
GROUPA
Racer

GROUPA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Florian Gruber - saw him N24 2012 but what else since
Old 15 May 2018, 08:07 (Ref:3822537)   #278
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM is going for a new world record!PascaLM is going for a new world record!PascaLM is going for a new world record!PascaLM is going for a new world record!PascaLM is going for a new world record!PascaLM is going for a new world record!PascaLM is going for a new world record!PascaLM is going for a new world record!
Jamie Davies ?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamie_Davies
Old 15 May 2018, 12:40 (Ref:3822595)   #279
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!
Can't remember when he last raced
Old 15 May 2018, 12:50 (Ref:3822599)   #280
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
He's a director at Turnspeed, a precision engineering company. http://www.turnspeed.co.uk/index.php. And I think he still does driver coaching.
Old 15 May 2018, 13:42 (Ref:3822605)   #281
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!
I forgot he's done a few Le Mans at the end of his single seater career.
Went very well in the Veloqx Audi in 2004.

Did their GT2 Ferrari campaign come before or after that when Jamie was teamed with Burt, Kirkaldy and Mullen?
Old 15 May 2018, 20:28 (Ref:3822693)   #282
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was transferring some old races from VHS to DVD just the other day and at the end of one the race I was mainly interested in, I had recorded FIA GT from 2006. I was pleasantly surprised to see Mr. Davies in a Vitaphone Racing MC12! I had completely forgotten about that.

Other pleasant memories include the Zakspeed Saleen with Jarek Janis, Kinch and Kirkaldy in a Ferrari F430, GLPK Corvette.
Old 16 May 2018, 00:45 (Ref:3822727)   #283
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrich07 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrich07 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrich07 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
Never knew he raced for Panoz. Certainly remember him from Veloqx Ferrari and Audi, Vitaphone Maserati and the CRS Ferrari GT2 project but after that he just dropped off the radar.
Old 22 May 2018, 21:42 (Ref:3824097)   #284
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuntos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

ALMS Baltimore race winner ... Humaid Al Masaood ???
Old 29 May 2018, 21:21 (Ref:3825551)   #285
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new lap record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new lap record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new lap record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new lap record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new lap record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
ALMS Baltimore race winner ... Humaid Al Masaood ???

Back at home in Abu Dhabi as a Director in his family's rather large group of companies