Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 18 Mar 2013, 12:43 (Ref:3220525)   #51
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thinking of you and hoping it's not too grim in hospital and for a good recovery.

All good wishes and positive thoughts.

Jim

Last edited by JimW; 18 Mar 2013 at 12:58.
Old 18 Mar 2013, 12:43 (Ref:3220526)   #52
Peter Harding
Veteran

England
Colchester
Peter Harding should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Definitely got my fingers crossed. Would also cross legs but doctors won't let me yet - Hopefully you will post Wednesday saying it's all ok.
Old 18 Mar 2013, 16:32 (Ref:3220663)   #53
Gerryc
Racer

United Kingdom
Aylesbury, Bucks.
Gerryc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very best wishes Shelagh - whatever I've got I will keep crossed!
Old 18 Mar 2013, 22:39 (Ref:3220867)   #54
Paul Newns
Veteran

Paul Newns should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good luck, Shelagh. Everything crossed that all goes well.

By the way, my BMI is spot on, too (if I was a not so small elephant).
Old 22 Mar 2013, 19:39 (Ref:3222943)   #55
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thank you for all the good wishes. Got out of the Loony Bin (sorry, hospital) this morning having had two extra nights while the drain sorted itself out.

My ward "bay" was full of old dears who spent all day asleep so they had the energy to rant, rave, puke, howl etc throughout the night! I now know the effect of sleep deprivation - the Americans missed a trick if they never combined it with a few hours general anaesthetic and ongoing pain relief!!!

I am gratefully back at home, have had some naps and a much needed shower (no comments there, please) and whilst I have some discomfort have never been in any real pain.

There may be a GP on this weekend but I think my priorities lie elsewhere (ie asleep!). I'm sure Bill will let me know the result.

Attendance at Oulton at Easter (if the weather improves) will be a decision made at the time.

So, from "Planet Shelagh" (I am really that spaced out): Goodbye from him!!!
Old 22 Mar 2013, 19:45 (Ref:3222946)   #56
dave vass
Racer

England
Kidderminster
dave vass should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Back home and on the way to recovery. Good luck Shelagh; you deserve it!
Old 22 Mar 2013, 19:46 (Ref:3222947)   #57
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelagh View Post
Thank you for all the good wishes. Got out of the Loony Bin (sorry, hospital) this morning having had two extra nights while the drain sorted itself out.

My ward "bay" was full of old dears who spent all day asleep so they had the energy to rant, rave, puke, howl etc throughout the night! I now know the effect of sleep deprivation - the Americans missed a trick if they never combined it with a few hours general anaesthetic and ongoing pain relief!!!

I am gratefully back at home, have had some naps and a much needed shower (no comments there, please) and whilst I have some discomfort have never been in any real pain.

There may be a GP on this weekend but I think my priorities lie elsewhere (ie asleep!). I'm sure Bill will let me know the result.

Attendance at Oulton at Easter (if the weather improves) will be a decision made at the time.

So, from "Planet Shelagh" (I am really that spaced out): Goodbye from him!!!
Hi Shelagh,
Glad to hear you're back home.
I usually find watching a GP helps me sleep!
Old 22 Mar 2013, 19:49 (Ref:3222951)   #58
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by White flag man View Post
I usually find watching a GP helps me sleep!
Trust me, I don't need any help. The drugs are quite sufficient!
Old 22 Mar 2013, 19:52 (Ref:3222952)   #59
Paul Newns
Veteran

Is the snow your fault, then? You leave hospital and the weather goes haywire. There must be a connction! Seriously, hope this is the first step to recovery and seeing you back at the circuits.
Old 22 Mar 2013, 20:50 (Ref:3222981)   #60
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Since you haven't mentioned the op, only the experience, I'm assuming all went well.

Very glad to hear you're safely back home. Very best wishes for your ongoing recovery.
Old 28 Mar 2013, 19:53 (Ref:3226139)   #61
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Saw the consultant for a follow-up yesterday and, alas, have to go back in for another operation on Tuesday 2nd April - to clear some more "margin" around the scar.

Should only be a day patient; this extra op is quite unusual and due to the nature of my "nasty"; won't make the really sore bit under my arm any worse - so lots of positives to bear in mind.

The lymph nodes were still clear (that's why the sore armpit - where they took them out) so yet more positiveness.

Unfortunately, a further round of chemo seems likely towards end April/early May. Not bothering with the cold cap this time so I'll be the one in the hat!!!!!

We will be at Sillystone for WEC. Not sure how much time I'll spend at the circuit but if I get there I'll have a wander and hopefully see some of you around.

Thanks again for all the good thoughts.
Old 1 Apr 2013, 18:52 (Ref:3227669)   #62
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Popped in to Oulton Park today on the way home from my Mum's. Unfortunately, we arrived just at the end of the lunch break, so only saw a few people.

Thanks to Margaret Simpson for a lovely chat, and apologies that we delayed her on her afternoon walkabout.

As was pointed out - Bill got lucky having to cancel today (Monday) because it was flipping freezing. I hope you have all thawed out!
Old 1 Apr 2013, 21:51 (Ref:3227757)   #63
Paul Newns
Veteran

Sorry I missed you, Shelagh. Good luck tomorrow.
Old 2 Apr 2013, 13:22 (Ref:3228008)   #64
KayBee
Veteran

England
Royston Vasey
KayBee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi! Lovely to see you yesterday and I hope that all went well today.
Old 2 Apr 2013, 18:07 (Ref:3228139)   #65
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Operation went well although I am now sore again! I ended up being first on the list so didn't have to hang around too much beforehand, but a long delay waiting to be discharged (had to wait for the painkillers). I'd rather have it that way round, though.

Now feeling extremely tired but trying to stay awake so that I'll sleep tonight. It is hard to get comfortable.

I couldn't understand why I wasn't going "under" - only to discover that I was in fact coming "round" in the recovery room and it was all over!

Bill is, of course, spoiling me rotten and looking after my every need. Hero!
Old 2 Apr 2013, 21:30 (Ref:3228246)   #66
Paul Newns
Veteran

Quite right, too. Glad everything went OK. Hope to se you in a couple of weeks.
Old 3 Apr 2013, 09:15 (Ref:3228423)   #67
Keith Kehoe
Rookie

United Kingdom
Runcorn, Cheshire
Keith Kehoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Shelagh
Glad everything went all right.Spoke to Bill at sign on on Saturday, asked him to pass on my best wishes. Sorry I missed you on Sunday. I was down at Knickerbrook, Hope to see you at Oulton again soon & wish you a speedy recovery.
Old 3 Apr 2013, 11:49 (Ref:3228500)   #68
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Thank you, Paul Newns and everyone who signed it, for the lovely card that arrived in the post this morning. I'm a lucky gal to have so many people thinking of me.

I'm feeling much better this morning having managed to sleep reasonably well last night. Still extremely sore and it feels like I've got a cracked rib - but hope that is just all the bruising.

I have been down to the corner shop this morning, but that has tired me out so I can see an afternoon slumped in front of the telly this afternoon. So glad I took the redundancy package last year and so don't have to worry about getting back to work (at the moment). Especially so if the chemo does have to happen. Should see the consultant next Wednesday and the Oncologist the following week, so will know more then.

Silverstone is still on so far as we know. I'll do another plug - it's my birthday on the Saturday of that meeting!
Old 3 Apr 2013, 13:43 (Ref:3228564)   #69
Paul Newns
Veteran

So cakes are on you then!
Old 3 Apr 2013, 14:36 (Ref:3228587)   #70
SouthportFC Fan
Racer

Wales
Southport
SouthportFC Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSouthportFC Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSouthportFC Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Extinguishers at the ready !!!!

Good news that all went well ...
Old 3 Apr 2013, 18:00 (Ref:3228684)   #71
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthportFC Fan View Post
Extinguishers at the ready !!!!
Cheeky! I'll still not have reached 50!

If you are at this meeting, will Laura be around? We could go shopping - but obviously for orange stuff!
Old 3 Apr 2013, 21:08 (Ref:3228774)   #72
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Newns View Post
So cakes are on you then!
Pies, surely!

Fingers still crossed for you, Shelagh!
Old 15 Apr 2013, 16:23 (Ref:3234733)   #73
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Lovely to see the folks we did see at Silverstone yesterday (14/4) and apologies to those I didn't see (we were a bit late at sign-on). I watched the F3 race and then Bill drove me back to the B&B before returning to the circuit for the 6hr race. I had a nice cup of coffee with Sue Whitlock instead!!

So, as an update, the consultant has told me that following the second operation, the nasty has been "removed completely", which has to be good news. Now waiting to see the Oncologist to find out what else is in store for me.

PS: Lovely evening with Chris (Woolley) and Jan on Friday plus everyone on Saturday at the Italian. A birthday weekend to remember!
Old 20 Apr 2013, 09:18 (Ref:3236963)   #74
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Alas, I start chemo/Herceptin on 9th May and will have a new Hickman Line installed on 8th May. Bleeuurgh. They won't knock me out for that but may give me a sedative. I'm wondering about a bottle of whisky beforehand - not to drink (I don't like the stuff) but rather to hit me over the head with!

We will be at the historics at Donington beforehand, so at least an enjoyable weekend in advance. I haven't volunteered but will be happy to do pit lane hooter if required.

Thanks again for all the good wishes.
Old 24 Apr 2013, 18:38 (Ref:3238987)   #75
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
To add to my woes, I've had a tummy bug over the last couple of days. Whatever God is up there is certainly not looking down on me.

Felt better around lunchtime today (not that I had lunch) so going for the good old boiled eggs with dry "soldier" toast to get the protein back in the system.

Oh Woe is me - I feel very sorry for myself at the moment. You don't have to feel likewise. And we have Donington coming up before all the nasties, so I will be there and "happy"............